Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Watching Homeland, I realized that the character of Saul Berenson (portrayed by Mandy Patinkin) has one of the most meme-tastic faces ever. There should be a sticker pack.

Aw, the local drive in movie theater posted that they are longer going to plan for a May 1st opening... They were planning to show Black Widow, I don’t know this movie but I would still go just to get out. ?

Hopefully some clear info will come as he got a cryptic email from the local health department with no name attached stating a generic “all non-essential businesses are to stay closed.” Apparently, he’s trying to get somebody on the phone for clarification. We shall see.

F7361FA5-9CF0-480E-A943-EFAD7BB6F136.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else a fan of Simon Stålenhag's art? Did you know that there was an Amazon series based on it? I sure as hell didn't until today.

I've always liked his art and always wondered how it could translate into a movie, I never thought they could make a TV show out of it. I've watched the first two episodes so far and they're powerful. So far it fits with the emotion you see in his artwork. Annoying that they changed the setting from Sweden to Ohio for no reason that I can think of but I can look past that.

Edit: I just looked through some of the art again and certain things have already made appearances in the show, if they use some others it could be a very dark and spectacular show.

Last edited:
^ relatability. I thought the body to body to robot transfer was interesting

Just finished watching the last episode, I really enjoyed the interlinked stories. Some comments say they're too predictable and some are, but I see them more like fables. Other stories have plenty of twists.

I'm really hoping for TV versions of Things from the Flood and The Electric State. Both would be darker, they might be downright horror. Brilliant.

Predictable is something that I agree with but in the same way christmas movies are if they only made one every ten years

I just ordered the Tales from the Loop and The Electric State books, I didn't realise that they had the story inside to go with the art. Things from the Flood is out in July, will get that too as it's the one that interests me the most of the three.

Why no one told me @eizbaer (he quit the forums?) was in the second season of Altered Carbon?
MV5BNzdiMzY3MjctYTJmOC00NmY2LWIxODAtN2M1NzAwNGY4YmUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE3MzM0OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Someone needs to do a really kick ass, genre-bending cover of Skynyrd's "Mr. Banker."

So.... I just learned of a relatively new movie called Speed Kills starring John Travolta as a drug smuggler with a speedboat. I learned about it via a review that came up during an unrelated web search that reads highly entertaining:
The first thing is that Speed Kills is a movie that stars John Travolta as a speedboat mogul who runs drugs for the mafia. It’s important to start there because it is a true statement and also an incredible one. Did you ever think you’d see the day when someone made a speedboat drug movie that stars John Travolta? I did not.

(Source: https://uproxx.com/movies/speed-kills-travolta-review-speedboats/ ]

I still won't watch this movie. :D

Is it possible for a show to jump the shark in a good way? Because I feel that's what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 7 feels like. They have waaaaay too much fun with being cheesy in citing past decades' genres.

Is it possible for a show to jump the shark in a good way? Because I feel that's what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 7 feels like. They have waaaaay too much fun with being cheesy in citing past decades' genres.

Yeah, I think if they acknowledge they're going off course from what was possible in the universe the show is portrayed in, what's the problem? Trying to tell you on the fact that what they're doing now is Totally Believable is a different story.

Also, Bomb Box, because why not?

Disney might actually kill Star Wars... Do they not understand the history of the original?

Never ask questions for which you already know the answer ;)

I know this is just another money grab for them..., it is just frustrating.

It's just a high score number at this point. Can you pay for all things that cost you money? Are you able to invest? Yes? Great, you're done. Nooooo, the number isn't high enough!