Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Supposedly Tom Hardy has been cast to replace Daniel Craig as Bond.

FFS. What next? Roseanne Barr as Moneypenny?

No. She's been cancelled. Leslie Jones as Moneypenny. :p

Edit: as for Tom Hardy, I'm ambivalent to it, at least he's less likely to look like an ape in a suit than Craig is. My expectations are low, and Idris Elba shot himself in the foot with Cats. Nicholas Hoult could do it. Tom Hiddleston could do it, but I worry that people will just see Tom Hiddleston.

Then again, a similar criticism could've been made of Brosnan.

Last edited:
Tom Hiddleston could do it, but I worry that people will just see Tom Hiddleston.

Then again, a similar criticism could've been made of Brosnan.

Yeah, every time I watch Goldeneye, I'm all, "Ugh...all i see is Tom Hiddleston"

(yes, /s ;) I know what you meant.)

Since Spielberg is on this again and it's not someone else trying to recreate their childhood, I'm excited to see how it goes.

I suppose this would be the place for entertainment purchases. I can't resist a classic, in UHD, in a shiny tin.

1604512442371.png

Waiting until the weekend to watch it, haven't watched in a while so it should be ace.

Double post. I watched the extended version of the Blue Brothers on Friday evening, apart from one shot it was all fantastically detailed. It always has me laughing all the way through and I still have the theme from Rawhide stuck in my head.

Wait what?

https://artscanvas.org/arts-culture/charlie-brown-specials-to-air-on-tv-after-all-in-pbs-deal

Charlie Brown specials to air on TV, after all, in PBS deal​

NEW YORK — The “Great Pumpkin” never showed on broadcast television this year, but after a deal with PBS, the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Christmas specials will return to the air.

Last month, Apple TV+ became the new home to the beloved Peanuts holiday specials. That sparked an outcry from viewers who were accustomed to annually tuning in on network TV. Apple offered each special to stream for free for a handful of days, but that didn’t stop online petitions from gathering hundreds of thousands of signatures.

On Wednesday, Apple bowed to the backlash, announcing it had teamed up with PBS for ad-free broadcasts of “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” (on Nov. 22) and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” (on Dec. 13).

We’re feeling very thankful to team up with @AppleTV to share #ACharlieBrownThanksgiving with you this year! Tune in to this special one-night event on PBS and @PBSKIDS on Sun, Nov 22 at 7:30/6:30c. pic.twitter.com/ADW1R0FvCv
— PBS (@PBS) November 18, 2020

Both specials will also be available for free during three-day windows on Apple TV+ (Nov. 25-27 for “Thanksgiving” and Dec. 11-13 for “Christmas.”) For subscribers, the specials will be available beginning Nov. 18 and Dec. 4, respectively.

Oh thank god....

Just started watching the Animaniacs reboot, and I give it a solid 11/10. Just the first six episodes so far have been incredibly entertaining and full of joy. They hit the right notes of nostalgia and modern relatable events, I'm hooked and have high expectations for the remaining season.

I, too, have been enjoying it.