Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

*waits to acquire it* :shifty:

Watched 1.5 episodes, PC decided it wanted to restart which I assume is it's way of complaining to be used. It's from 2013 so I guess it's coming up on retirement soon. :(

Regardless, I love the self-aware parts with "we wrote this in 2018, so we have idea whats happening now" part. I'm enjoying this quite a bit. The slight changes to the intro theme such as removing "Buttons chases Mindy, while Rita sings a verse. The writers flipped, we have no script, why bother to rehearse!" as well as "While Bill Clinton plays the sax" was so good. They've done such a good job with updating the show while retaining the originally absurdity.

The further self-aware with being sell outs is also funny. :) I'm glad to have found this. Even if it means no continuation of The Goodfeathers.

Last edited:
At the moment if I'm having a bad day I'll stop and be thankful that I'm not the bloody Mandalorian. Geez, did this bloke piss off a load of gypsies or something because he seems to stumble from one disaster to the next.
I'm up to the latest episode and since the start of the first season the Razor Crest has been rebuilt 4 times I think. Now it's been blown to shit. I'd never let him drive my car!

This looks great. I'm getting some "John Wick, but different enough" vibes, and goddamn I'm a huge Bob Odenkirk fan

I'm currently binging Ozark. Currently I'm in the middle of the second season, and one thing puzzles me: Why do the Byrds drive such shit boxes? They're obviously trying to project a low-key image, but at the same time Marty is a quite good financial advisor and plays an investor, so while showing up in a luxury sedan might look wrong in the rural environment, 20 year old near-wrecks are a bit off when you are trying to give the impression that you know what you're doing in money things...

Huh, apparently Most Extreme Elimination is on Amazon Prime, I will have to go check that.

Damn it! I will have to get Disney+.

^I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do with The Book of Boba Fett.

Anyway another great episode of The Expanse yesterday, some surprises followed by a kinda cameo appearance that made me smile.

Last edited:
I recently have a desire to acquire some older game titles. Most of them are from late 90s/early 2000s, and as such, shouldn't be too hard to find. They are a bit harder to find, though, at least here, because most people either already threw away such games, or just played the pirated versions.

Now, eBay prices are a bit inflated (I assume mostly because of the postage), local classifieds provide a very limited selection of games, even if the prices seem okay-ish, but one thing came to my mind while watching an LGR video on YouTube. Thrift stores. Do they exist in Central Europe? They don't in Croatia, at least as far as I know.

If it becomes possible and reasonable to travel this summer, I might go to the Eifel for a certain meet. (I owe beer to two people I met on a certain forum!) I was wondering, could such things exist in Germany? I thought about making a detour to some other place in Germany (like Frankfurt am Main) to do sight-seeing, so if I happen to have enough time, I might visit one of those.

Or would I be better of chasing classifieds and eBay?

Last edited:
You mean Spaceballs - The UHD BluRay? ;)
I'm sorry, of course that's what I meant! It's all about the muychendising.

I recently have a desire to acquire some older game titles. Most of them are from late 90s/early 2000s, and as such, shouldn't be too hard to find. They are a bit harder to find, though, at least here, because most people either already threw away such games, or just played the pirated versions.

Now, eBay prices are a bit inflated (I assume mostly because of the postage), local classifieds provide a very

Caution: post not finished! I accidentally sent 'send' before finishing the post!
Come on, you can't leave us hanging without any examples. Are we talking PC or console? Playstation, SEGA or Nintentdo? If Sypro the Dragon isn't included then I'm not sure we can be friends. :p

I still have a case full of PS1 games and I don't think I got rid of my PS2 games but can't tell you where they are. I picked up a big box copy of Worms a little while back for PC, brilliant game but I actually prefer the Playstation version.

I thought about PC and PS1/PS2, mostly racing games and driving games. Gran Turismo, Need For Speed and some Grand Theft Auto, plus all those wonderful titles I played demos of as a child, such as Ford Racing 3 and Toca Racing.

That's just the racing games I want. There are some other games I played as a child that might also be fairly rare, such as Jazz Jackrabbit, and some that are as common as dirt, like SIMS. Sonic 3 and Sonic and Kuncles for PC are rarer than rocking horse shit, so I might as well get an Android re-release (like I did with Sonic 1). :D However, I don't want to end up buying too many old games and then not playing those titles, so my main interest at the moment are racing games.

Spyro the Dragon, you say? To be honest, I never had a PlayStation, so I'm not familiar with most Playstation exclusive titles, apart from, well, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot. :D Still, I'm open to trying stuff out that I never got around to play because they weren't available on PC. I do like platform games, however!

Oh, I had two CDs of some old Worms games, but unfortunately, one of them is lost forever, and it's a long story of how.

Yesterday I had a sudden urge to play "Rock n' Roll Racing".
I haven't played it in *counts on fingers* 25 years?!?:oops:

I thought about PC and PS1/PS2, mostly racing games and driving games. Gran Turismo, Need For Speed and some Grand Theft Auto, plus all those wonderful titles I played demos of as a child, such as Ford Racing 3 and Toca Racing.

That's just the racing games I want. There are some other games I played as a child that might also be fairly rare, such as Jazz Jackrabbit, and some that are as common as dirt, like SIMS. Sonic 3 and Sonic and Kuncles for PC are rarer than rocking horse shit, so I might as well get an Android re-release (like I did with Sonic 1). :D However, I don't want to end up buying too many old games and then not playing those titles, so my main interest at the moment are racing games.

Spyro the Dragon, you say? To be honest, I never had a PlayStation, so I'm not familiar with most Playstation exclusive titles, apart from, well, Gran Turismo and Crash Bandicoot. :D Still, I'm open to trying stuff out that I never got around to play because they weren't available on PC. I do like platform games, however!

Oh, I had two CDs of some old Worms games, but unfortunately, one of them is lost forever, and it's a long story of how.
I'm pretty sure I have an extra copy of Gran Turismo 2 somewhere, but you'd have to deal with region locking.

Actually, I already have a copy of Gran Turismo 2. Borrowed it from my then-friend, then I kinda fell out with him, and kept the CDs, mostly because I discovered he stole another friend's game. Ah, teenage years.

Now, I did go through some more classifieds, but it's kinda hard to tell if €5 for a copy of Gran Turismo 4 is a good deal or not. I mean, it's not like €5 for a game is gonna break the bank, but if I want, say, 10 games for €5-€6 each, that accounts for €50-€60 total, which still isn't gonna break my bank, but it leaves me wondering if there is a cheaper way of getting games (buying in bundles, for example).

Some good games there, funnily enough though I've never played Jazz Jackrabbit, the SIMs or any Sonic game besides the time I tried it on my cousin's Mega Drive when I was a kid. Spyro is definitely worth your time but the Reignited Trilogy is probably the one to get, shame you can't but them separately as 3 is trash and 2 is borderline compared to the first masterpiece but... games. Maybe avoid the remastered Crash games, I love Crash 2 (the second PlayStation game I ever played after Psygnosis' Monster Trucks) but my sister got it on Switch and confirmed that the controls are even more awkward than in the originals.

I also have Gran Turismo 2, 3 and 4 but strangely enough I'm not planning to part with them. The GT4 disc is still in the PS2 that sits above me right now. Colin McRae Rally is here somewhere, need a new case for that actually.

Bundles are good if you know the condition of every game and you aren't just buying a load of games you don't want to fool yourself into thinking that you're getting a good deal on the few you do. Maybe a good way to try games you didn't care about when they were new, though. Worms 4 is a great PS2 era 3D game that just works really well.

Edit: You've got me listening to the Gran Turismo 2 menu music now. :LOL:

I know about the Wilhelm Scream, but there's another vocal sound effect that I've heard for years. And I'm wondering if it also has a name

Unfortunately I can't think of a specific film at the moment, but itxs another man's yell, however it's more like a growl than a scream, sounding more like a man yelling a combination of "Yeah!" And "Rawr!". Sort of maybe like a "Rryeaaah!c, with a but if vocal distortion.

Anyone happen to know the yell I'm rambling about, and if it has a name?

Edit: well, nevermind. I guess I never actually looked as hard as I thought I did for it. It's called the "Howie scream".

Last edited: