Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Received my copy of Spaceballs in 4K UHD from Amazon US last week, it was released on the 23rd but not here. Really quick shipping.

Watched it tonight, really nice step up in quality over the 1080p version. Audio volume was a bit all over the place, some parts were more quiet than I would've liked while anything involving ships was really loud.

I've had to update the Space Stop 5 poster that I will be buying at some point for a wall as the UHD version has so much more detail. I don't think it's something I could sell, people get away with Spaceballs stickers and whatnot but this is a straight up screencap from the movie (albeit with lots of processing).

Received my copy of SPACEBALLS: THE 4K UHD BLU-RAY from Amazon US last week.

It's the second time you fail at this. Stay focused! :p

Today I received my copy of ASHENS: THE COLLECTORS EDITION BLU-RAY COLLECTION that I ordered months ago. Am I doing it right this time? :LOL:

IMG_0839_S1920.jpg

Includes what appears to be Stuart's real, but incredibly lazy, signature on the back along with what looks like Warwick Davis' squiggle and someone else's I can't figure out.

MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000) has a kickstarter running for a new season, and the campaign ends today. They've met their goal, so we're getting 12 new episodes (hopefully starting to come out before the end of the year), 12 new shorts (my favorite type of their content), and the possibility of an additional "Holiday Special" if they hit their stretch goal before the end of today.

This is my favorite-all-time TV show (is it a TV show since every episode is basically a full movie?), and while the last two seasons on Netflix weren't always my favorite, I still really enjoyed it, and look forward to at least 1 more season.

It started on "The Comedy Channel", then went to Sci-Fi, was syndicated by a bunch of TV stations including my local PBS network, then got 2 seasons on Netflix, and now they are attempting to distribute it themselves, setting up a sort of Patreon type thing, but where you can also buy their releases, as well as host live events, etc.

Just found out Elon Musk Wil be hosting Saturday Night live. Not sure if I should be amused, annoyed, or just watch the potential train wreck.

Just found out Elon Musk Wil be hosting Saturday Night live. Not sure if I should be amused, annoyed, or just watch the potential train wreck.
1620523434941.png

Totally buying this.

Pick up turds and stuff, mow lawn, done.

Shows and movies within shows and movies.

Aren’t those just called spin-offs? Also aren’t they usually terrible attempts at a cash grab? :p

Foo Fighters as a band is as old as Kurt Cobain was: 27 years. Their music has spanned 4 decades (90s, 00s, 10s, 20s).

?

There was a John Hughes classics night on TV, with Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club back to back. It has been ages since I've watched these movies.

Anyway, am I the only one who is bugged by the totally unnecessary makeover given to Allison by Claire in Breakfast Club, basically changing her from an unusual look into a totally boring "nice girl" who wouldn't look out of place in a 1950s film?

We just watched Cruella last night and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Emma Stone did a great job with her portrayal of Cruella as a more nuanced character struggling with the duality of her nature and the duality of her nurture/life experience; she really sells herself as an anti-hero. Emma Thompson slays as the foil to Cruella, and the costume design department should be nominated for an Oscar. And Joh McCrea (Artie), holy shit, I could just watch him and Emma Stone on screen for an hour; their timing is perfect and they are so playful - I just wish there was more of him in the film.

The therapist in me appreciated the trauma-informed lens through which the story was told. There were a few inaccuracies with how the psychology was portrayed, but nothing that took me out of the story.

We just watched Cruella last night and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Emma Stone did a great job with her portrayal of Cruella as a more nuanced character struggling with the duality of her nature and the duality of her nurture/life experience; she really sells herself as an anti-hero. Emma Thompson slays as the foil to Cruella, and the costume design department should be nominated for an Oscar. And Joh McCrea (Artie), holy shit, I could just watch him and Emma Stone on screen for an hour; their timing is perfect and they are so playful - I just wish there was more of him in the film.

The therapist in me appreciated the trauma-informed lens through which the story was told. There were a few inaccuracies with how the psychology was portrayed, but nothing that took me out of the story.
Coming from you, this review makes me want to watch it.

I know when I will be getting HBO again.

Fuck. I had really hoped not to like that trailer.

Does this mean I have to watch the second and third film again (if the rumours they exist are true) to get up to speed?