Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

If Doc and Marty were around today, and they went back in time the same number of years as in the first Back to the Future movie, they'd go back to when Nirvana's Nevermind, Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Under the Bridge" new on the radio. "Father of the Bride" and the first "Addams Family" movie were new that year. The Simpsons would already be in its 3rd season.

For those in the USA, the commercial free version of HBOMax will be half price for a short time.

See the website for details.

For those in the USA, the commercial free version of HBOMax will be half price for a short time.

See the website for details.

Can you download video and is The Soprano's on there?

From what I can tell, there are a few limits on what can be downloaded, but not many.* The Sopranos prequel will be out in October, and the new Matrix movie in December.

* See website for details etc etc

45 minutes of Canada's Worst Drivers. :D

The streaming wars have begun. Showtime and Paramount+ for$10 a month. Offer ends October 20.

If you are into Star Trek, you want Paramount.

Edit, you also get 30 days free trial.

There is a new Mario Brothers movie in production, starring Chris Pratt as Mario, Jack Black as Bowser, Charlie Day (Always Sunny) is Louigi, Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong, Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong, Keegan-Michael Key as Toad, and Anya Taylor-Joy (from The Queen's Gambit) as Peach. I can see Seth as Kong, but I feel like Jack Black's voice will need to go through a drop-octave effect to give the voice I have in my head for Bowser...

Last edited:

Just completed Deathloop, I really enjoyed it. Only just got through without having to do a load of work over again. 31.7 hours total seems pretty short, I only have 24 of the 54 achievements but didn't leave many things in the game 'not done'. Lots of achievements are related to doing a certain thing or to the multiplayer aspect.

I had no intention of buying the game at first but I was gifted it by a friend and it was the perfect game to give my 3080 a workout. I thought it would be too fast-paced for me but you can mostly play it at your pace, after the videos I've now seen I probably would've bought it when it was on sale. Didn't experience any issues, the 'microstutter' people were talking about may have been there but I've never been concerned enough to notice that kind of thing.

I recorded the entire final 'evening' of my playthrough and will be uploading that, it will contain a ton of spoilers but if you had no intention of playing the game you may find it interesting.

On a completely different note, Taskmaster is back on, with Alan Davies this time around. He's playing the tired, elderly character. So far it's very funny.

After seeing the Ride 4 PS5 viral video that is doing the rounds these days, I bought the PS4 version.

First thing that blew my mind was the inclusion of the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, aka Mosport. One of the fastest track in North America, and one where I have a record of 2 crashes in 3 presence in real life (on this note the game is very realistic, the first time I highsided in the game is in the same place I highsided for the first time in real-life, at the exit of Moss corner :LOL: )

The game is super fun with the realism cranked to the max, you can slide the bike around quite a bit without crashing.

17c419f892452-2b914815FCC48F87CA2.1E11F306386D8B97_message_418096022794546_1633187589041.jpg

17c419fa0f840-2b914815FCC48F87CA2.1E11F306386D8B97_message_418096046948538_1633187683392.jpg

One place that's very unforgiving is "The Mountain" at Caldwell Park.

The bikes just want to flip backwards if you try to stay on the throttle.

17c3d5522ee2-2b914815FCC48F87CA2.1E11F306386D8B97_message_418077760026170_1633116250102.jpg

17c3d5538bb11-2b914815FCC48F87CA2.1E11F306386D8B97_message_418077780624266_1633116330563.jpg

I think I will waste quite a lot of time in Time Attack mode over the winter.

I recently started to watch Star Trek - Deep Space 9 - for the first time. Only a few episodes in, this is already better than the other Trek series of the same era (or what I've seen of those).

Anyway, just a few episodes in the story is about a mysterious sickness suddenly breaking out on the station. It quickly becomes clear to be caused by a virus, prompting a station-wide "emergency quarantine". The virus then evolves into being airborne, and the sickness caused by it proves to be deadly.
The episode even has a freighter captain panically trying to escape the station (breaking travel restrictions) and the local bar owner refusing to adhere to lockdown measures claiming his business to be providing "essential services".
I bet, when they wrote this in 1993, they had NO IDEA how much their story would resonate almost 30 years later. I was almost screaming "why is no one waering masks with an airborne virus around" at the screen!

I don't remember that one, now I will have to watch it all again! lol

I recently started to watch Star Trek - Deep Space 9 - for the first time. Only a few episodes in, this is already better than the other Trek series of the same era (or what I've seen of those).

Anyway, just a few episodes in the story is about a mysterious sickness suddenly breaking out on the station. It quickly becomes clear to be caused by a virus, prompting a station-wide "emergency quarantine". The virus then evolves into being airborne, and the sickness caused by it proves to be deadly.
The episode even has a freighter captain panically trying to escape the station (breaking travel restrictions) and the local bar owner refusing to adhere to lockdown measures claiming his business to be providing "essential services".
I bet, when they wrote this in 1993, they had NO IDEA how much their story would resonate almost 30 years later. I was almost screaming "why is no one waering masks with an airborne virus around" at the screen!
Simpsons di- wait a second. ?

Evil Dead is 40.

Rumor is Danny Carey made a deal with the devil. No one knows what Danny got, but the devil got drum lessons.

Wonder if this could be a FinalGear roadtrip destination?