Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Mel Brooks to Write and Executive Produce

hqdefault.jpg

First time I've read about a 'stray' bullet in the chamber, how the hecking snosberry does that happen? Presumably the armourer on set is going to be jumped on from an enormous height.

I suspected that a faulty blank had maybe come apart and shrapnel has been thrown out. Still, why would they have a gun firing at someone in any situation when there are so many ways to avoid that?

First time I've read about a 'stray' bullet in the chamber, how the hecking snosberry does that happen? Presumably the armourer on set is going to be jumped on from an enormous height.

I suspected that a faulty blank had maybe come apart and shrapnel has been thrown out. Still, why would they have a gun firing at someone in any situation when there are so many ways to avoid that?

In the case of Brandon Lee, the stray bullet in the barrel was due to a "squib" load, a cartridge with no powder or insufficient powder, that propels the bullet out of the case and into the barrel, but with so little energy it stays stuck there.

On the set of The Crow, they wanted cartridges that look realistic (a blank has a crimp at the front of the cartridge instead of a bullet).

Instead of using specially made dummy ammunition, they took actual cartridges, removed the bullet to empty the powder, and then put the bullet back in place.

The problem is they did not remove the primer, so when somebody tested the gun with the "dummy" ammunition, when the trigger was pulled the firing pin hit the primer, which exploded, and it created just enough energy to propel the bullet in the barrel.

When they later shot a blank through the same gun, the expanding gaz from the blank propelled the stuck bullet out of barrel and fatally struck Brandon

Sadly, deaths on set are to common.

Sadly, deaths on set are to common.

How could they have left out mentioning the Resident Evil series?

This wqs written in 2019, and I think there was even another since.

How could they have left out mentioning the Resident Evil series?

This wqs written in 2019, and I think there was even another since.

I am sure that there are many incidents that are hidden from the general public to avoid the negative publicity.

Edit

According to this article, 43 people have died on set since 1990.

Last edited:
I am sure that there are many incidents that are hidden from the general public to avoid the negative publicity.
Oh, I'm sure...but there have been multiple from that one franchise along, and I remember reading about many of them. It just seemed an odd omission. Like...if I was writing a story about high-profile injuries and deaths on movie sets, the $1.5 billion dollar franchise with a short trail of dead bodies and amputated limbs would be near the top of the list, with Brandon Lee being the other at the top.

Last edited:
After seeing the Ride 4 PS5 viral video that is doing the rounds these days, I bought the PS4 version.

First thing that blew my mind was the inclusion of the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, aka Mosport. One of the fastest track in North America, and one where I have a record of 2 crashes in 3 presence in real life (on this note the game is very realistic, the first time I highsided in the game is in the same place I highsided for the first time in real-life, at the exit of Moss corner :LOL: )

The game is super fun with the realism cranked to the max, you can slide the bike around quite a bit without crashing.

View attachment 3562669
View attachment 3562670

One place that's very unforgiving is "The Mountain" at Caldwell Park.

The bikes just want to flip backwards if you try to stay on the throttle.

View attachment 3562671
View attachment 3562672

I think I will waste quite a lot of time in Time Attack mode over the winter.

Had some fun trying to replicate my old race bike (FZR400) using the in game street FZR750:

DSC_2276c.jpeg

17cd3b9a4ab87-2b914815FCC48F87CA2.1E11F306386D8B97_message_418723764516435_1635639705142.jpg

Same track, same turn :)

A few laps of onboard video of me hot lapping Mosport:

Another streaming deal. Disney+ is offering a one month deal.

Offer ends on the 14th.

Ugh...my 2015 Samsung "smart" TV is too old, and never got D+ (or Paramount+ or HBO Max) app. It also dropped PlutoTV support last year. Dis sum bullshit.

Ugh...my 2015 Samsung "smart" TV is too old, and never got D+ (or Paramount+ or HBO Max) app. It also dropped PlutoTV support last year. Dis sum bullshit.

Sounds like it is time to get an external streaming device.

Sounds like it is time to get an external streaming device.

I thought about it, but I'm too stubborn to deal with another remote, or cast from our phones. It's an irrational protest against the clearly-intentional hobbling of otherwise perfectly good electronics.

I thought about it, but I'm too stubborn to deal with another remote, or cast from our phones. It's an irrational protest against the clearly-intentional hobbling of otherwise perfectly good electronics.

As long as the TV still works, it is not the worst thing to use a second remote.

Showtime/Paramount has a couple of new deals you can check out. Showtime for $4 a month, and a combo deal similar to before.

The plot summary of the upcoming Reno 911 special, "The Hunt For QAnon":

“It follows the deputies of the Reno Sheriff’s Department as they hunt for Q, the one behind all the QAnon conspiracies. Their efforts cause them to get stuck at a QAnon convention at sea, ultimately escaping only to discover that they’ve landed at Jeffrey Epstein’s old island.”

One could easily spend 2 hours on a youtube rabbit hole watching attractive female voice coaches being first frightened by, then confused by, then impressed by, then falling a little bit in love with Devin Townsend over the course of his "Kingdom on EMG TV" video. :lmao:

In preparation for "Ready Player Two", I'm currently re-reading "Ready Player One".
After the Dutch novel I had read before, reading an English book is practically nothing. I've gone through the first 130 pages in about two hours. :)