Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I love how, in this cast list for Bedtime for Bonzo, in which Ronald Reagan starred with a chimp, Ronnie's cast photo is one of his presidential portraits.

FInWpSk.jpeg

There was a Doctor Who episode where he had to fight shop dummies that came to life. I'm really disappointed that he didn't climb up a ladder and say:

It's over mannequin, I have the high ground

Last edited:
:drums:

I'm not sure about that one, interesting to see it's on Steam though as a pre-purrchase. I thought it was PS5 only. Potential rehasing of old concepts aside (if I'm detecting the sarcasm correctly :ROFLMAO:), I like the premise and I'm up for exploring ruined sci-fi cities but they had to cram in a token 'enemy' in the form of these flesh guinea pig flea things.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrdf44z4VWo

Last edited:
Just finished watching the third season of The Umbrella Academy. It is a solid compliment to the preceding seasons. The new group, the Sparrows, are both fun and annoying.

Fun fact: In 1958, "Lawrence Welk's Plymouth Show" (the precursor to "The Lawrence Welk Show") was the first show to be broadcast in stereo in the US.

...but stereo televisions hadn't even been invented yet.

To get the full audio, you would turn on the TV to get the picture and the one audio signal, and then you were supposed to turn on the radio broadcast for the other half of the audio.

Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe was unexpectedly fun.

HBOMAX currently have a good deal on a year of service (at least in the USA). 40% off. Ends on October 30.

Have they detailed how subscriptions will be impacted by combining if HBO and Discovery? My understanding is that it's all moving over to Discovery (but I admit I may have that wrong).

Have they detailed how subscriptions will be impacted by combining if HBO and Discovery? My understanding is that it's all moving over to Discovery (but I admit I may have that wrong).

I have not heard anything firm. The only thing I can say for sure is that there is a lot of speculation going on.

The current deal I am getting is slightly better than this one and it runs out about the same time. So I will be continuing with this deal, unless they offer me something better.