Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

For whatever reason, YouTube presented me with a clip from the original Knight Rider series and I watched it. This was the first time I've heard the original American voices from that series, because as a child in the late 80s I watched the dubbed version on German TV, of course.
The difference between K.I.T.T.'s original voice and the German one is staggering. The whole characterization of the car is changed because its voice is much deeper and more serious in the German version.

For whatever reason, YouTube presented me with a clip from the original Knight Rider series and I watched it. This was the first time I've heard the original American voices from that series, because as a child in the late 80s I watched the dubbed version on German TV, of course.
The difference between K.I.T.T.'s original voice and the German one is staggering. The whole characterization of the car is changed because its voice is much deeper and more serious in the German version.

In the American version, the voice had a bit of sense of humor. Did the German one, as well?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tarqFq1RX28

Another streaming deal popped up. Paramount+ is running a combo deal with Showtime.

I'm fairly annoyed by YouTube flooding me with videos by Americans in Germany and their endless supply of how SHOCKING something or other is over here compared to the US. Seriously, that word is shockingly overused it seems.
Also, "American reacts..." videos. Well, apparently there's a lot of ad revenue to be made by playing up the dumb American cliché.

That said, Eclectic Beard's reaction videos on "dumbest thing an American said to me" were actually quite good. His exasperation was heartfelt.

I'm fairly annoyed by YouTube flooding me with videos by Americans in Germany and their endless supply of how SHOCKING something or other is over here compared to the US. Seriously, that word is shockingly overused it seems.
Also, "American reacts..." videos. Well, apparently there's a lot of ad revenue to be made by playing up the dumb American cliché.

That said, Eclectic Beard's reaction videos on "dumbest thing an American said to me" were actually quite good. His exasperation was heartfelt.

This type of thing for some reason annoys me so much and I wish I could let it go, but I have this nagging feeling that the world assumes all Americans are the same. It’s so annoying as it’s nothing new. You move to a different country that does shit differently and newsflash, shits different and you’re not used it! Who knew?

The equivalent on this continent is YouTube suddenly recommending a glut of videos of Europeans coming to the States (Never the rest of the continent) and being SHOCKED and APPALED at *Insert random American thing here* and how the European version is sooooooo much better.

The title is always in caps. The thumbnail usually has enormous block font in it with yellow text on the word "AMAZING" "AWFUL" or "UNBELIEVABLE". There's always someone that looks like what happens when you train an AI on pictures of all of Europe's royal families and they're either doing an arms extended pose or putting their hand on their head like they're posing for a DJ Khaled album cover.

Gotta play that algorithm I guess.

Hilariously, I have now ran into at least three youtubers who are upfront about doing stupid shit just for "The content." I feel very happy about that. Then I close their videos and spam the "Do not recommend" video until YouTube gets the hint. Usually in time to remind me that Stephen Colbert exists.

Reacting to viewer submitted content and "news" videos are other low-effort content that helps them keep a high-frequency release schedule, to hp their channel's numbers...and invariably, that's all some of those people de'evolve to.

"Roast my setup"
"Rate my desk"
"Rate or Roast my Rig"
"Weekly Analysis and News"
"Rediculous ebay/reverb listings"

Not to mention "unboxings", which were a previous gen "low effort" content style. Like...a review, but of the packaging you'll be throwing away, or especially unhelpful when they are unboxing some influencer-specific, personalized and limited edition packaging that will never be seen outside their studio.

"Bond's first book was in 1953. The queen's reign started in 1952. There has never been a point until now that Bond didn't serve Elizabeth II"

[edit: I suppose he still could, what with it being a fictional character and all. Or, hell, they could have King Charles could come out as trans and claim she/her pronouns if they wanted.]

Last edited:
YouTube presented me with a scene - well, half an hour - from a Canadian TV police drama series called "19-2". In this particular episode from 2014 or so, the story is about a school shooting (presumably modeled after a shooting in Montreal a few years before). I have never heard of that TV show before (apparently it's good: 8.1 on IMDb, and 8.6 for the preceding French version), but what they pulled off here is seriously impressive. Very tense scene, with superb direction and camerawork.

I've put the video in spoiler tags because - trigger warning. Not particularly bloody or anything, but given the topic - if you were involved in a mass shooting at some point or have children in school, you might want to reconsider before watching.

I just randomly thought about Uncle Kracker and I have no idea why. Make it stop.

Community is getting a movie!
community-excited-britta-perry-excited.gif

No Troy, Shirley, Pierce, Duncan, and several other recurring side characters.
community-britta.gif

...and it'll be on Peacock.
giphy.gif

Hopefully they don't Britta it any further... I'm hopeful, though, as it'll be written by the writer of the D&D episode, and one of the paintball episodes.

Looks fun. If you haven't seen "Nobody", one of the movies mentioned at the beginning, it's worth watching. Similar "underdog revenge", theme.

It's always a good approach to Christmas to have over-the-top violent movies, all the better with an actual Christmas theme.

It's always a good approach to Christmas to have over-the-top violent movies, all the better with an actual Christmas theme.
*cough*Die Hard*cough*

Gremlins?

If you're OK with musicals, "Anna and the Apocalypse" is entertaining. I'm absolutely not, but still made it through it, which says a lot, frankly.

YouTube presented me with a scene - well, half an hour - from a Canadian TV police drama series called "19-2". In this particular episode from 2014 or so, the story is about a school shooting (presumably modeled after a shooting in Montreal a few years before). I have never heard of that TV show before (apparently it's good: 8.1 on IMDb, and 8.6 for the preceding French version), but what they pulled off here is seriously impressive. Very tense scene, with superb direction and camerawork.

I've put the video in spoiler tags because - trigger warning. Not particularly bloody or anything, but given the topic - if you were involved in a mass shooting at some point or have children in school, you might want to reconsider before watching.

That tv serie (the original French one) is one of the best ones made here of all times.

Same director and main actor have another serie where the main character is a bouncer in a bar, another great show. That one is called "Minuit le soir".

In other entertainment news, this is actually a thing 😂

9HNwkaU.jpeg