Random Thoughts...[F1 edition]

i love the new engines, and don't miss the NA DB-generators at all

The sound difference to last year is clearly there. They aren't as loud as they used to be, but now they sound like engines instead of whooshy spacecrafts.
Also now you can finally tell the difference between cars by ear. The Honda sounds like farts apparently, which is consistent with it going like shit.

they do. FOM has/rents 5 cargoplanes for the fly away races where all teams can push their equipment in.

As an addition, I believe only the top 10 teams from the previous year's results are eligible for the service. Though I've read Bernie is annoyed at Manor and is forcing them to pay their own freight for Australia.

i'd like to see a rule that states only the top 10 can use the FOM airplane, that the backmarkers have to get there on their own endeavor
i find that very hard to believe... (but of course, in F1 everything is possible)

EDIT:
Equally ironic, is the fact that Ecclestone is now refusing to pay for Manor F1?s travel to and from Australia, something all participants are entitled to for the flyaway races. The farce is that the FIA accepted Manor F1?s explanations for being unable to run their cars on track and refused to sanction them.

http://thejudge13.com/2015/03/18/manor-appearance-in-australia-pointless/
i know, it's from the judge :)puke:), but it's the only reference i could find...

Last edited:
FOM controls the logistics for team travel and I believed that how you finished in the Constructor's Championship reflected in the amount of money you were allocated for travel expenses. Since FOM doesn't pay out any prize money for the 11th place finisher and below, I was under the impression that no travel expense money was allocated, as well.

That might have been the case when the vast majority of races were within Europe, but now that so many races are held on other continents, FOM would have likely had to adjust the rule to ensure the smaller teams could make the "fly-away" races.

Or what I recollected might never have been correct in the first place. :)

Which would still not matter, as Marussia finished 10th in 2013 and 9th in 2014 in the WCC.

I miss when Minardi, the most bottom of the field team, had their own airline.

One wonders if Bernie even wants Manor-Marussia to be part of the show. In addition to charging them for their freight bill to Australia for not running the car, NBCSN noted that he is charging them for Malaysia, as well.

I guess for running the car. :rolleyes:

One wonders if Bernie even wants Manor-Marussia to be part of the show. In addition to charging them for their freight bill to Australia for not running the car, NBCSN noted that he is charging them for Malaysia, as well.

I guess for running the car. :rolleyes:

I think Bernie would be happy if they failed

the person behind the resurgence of Manor GP is the guy CVC said would replace Ecclestone if he was found guilty in the bribery case.
i think because of that Ecclestone started little vendetta against him...

the person behind the resurgence of Manor GP is the guy CVC said would replace Ecclestone if he was found guilty in the bribery case.
i think because of that Ecclestone started little vendetta against him...

That will play a role too, yes. But basically he wants them gone to force through his 3-car idea.

Maybe Bernie should combine his 3 car idea with his women's championship idea and have an option of a 3rd car for teams so long as they put a woman driver in it.

Maybe Bernie should combine his 3 car idea with his women's championship idea and have an option of a 3rd car for teams so long as they put a woman driver in it.
This is absolutely brilliant. But I fear they might face trouble finding 10 women with enough talent and money to participate

I don't think the woman would have trouble finding money, as long as they are beautiful enough.

anyone else looking forward to the GP2 season?
it will be killer i think!! and a belgian is main title favourite!!

go stoffel!!!!

anyone else looking forward to the GP2 season?
it will be killer i think!! and a belgian is main title favourite!!

go stoffel!!!!

first and second, not a bad start of the season!!

Boardroom power shift moves VW closer to F1

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/boardroom-power-shift-moves-vw-closer-to-f1

mercedes vs auto union...
how awesome would that be :D
we'd have gone full circle! :cool:

EDIT: :lmao: @ VDG
https://twitter.com/GvanderGarde/status/590158247757217792

Last edited: