Random Thoughts...[F1 edition]

Damn... maybe he was late, and had to call someone who'd get him there in time

So they'll be called "iMc" from now on? And have curvy, extremely flat cars that cost twice as much as the rest, but perform the same? :p

Yep, but McLaren will come out to say they are flawless, yet be seen trying to fix stuff non stop. However the engines will be non-removable.
The first car will be the iMP4/18, but soon will be replaced by the iMP4/18S which will feature the rear wing the previous model was lacking.

^not sure if mocking apple or mclaren :lol:

Probably not a bad plan as the new Renault chassis should be better as it will be designed around a Renault engine and said engine seems to be getting consistently better.

Brawn to return to F1 as sporting boss - report

Former team boss Ross Brawn could be set for a return to Formula 1 to help shape the future of the sport.

According to respected Formula 1 journalist James Allen, Brawn is to become a sporting director, assisting with the championship's plans for the future.

The 61-year-old Briton would not replace Bernie Ecclestone, however, and would not be involved in the commercial side of the sport.

According to the report, Brawn's responsibilities would include liaising between the F1 teams and the ruling body, the FIA.

F1's new owners Liberty Media are working on plans to help improve F1, and Brawn could be a part of it.

Brawn said recently that he was interested in a return to the F1, but only to help with the running of the sport, ruling out working for a team.

"I would never go back to a team. I did everything I can in a team, but I would be repeating myself," Brawn told The Daily Telegraph.

"For sure, trying to help F1 become a better F1 would be appealing. It would be the one thing that could be interesting.

"If you ask me what F1 needs, it needs a plan; a three-year and a five-year plan. My view is we haven't got the ideal structure for creating that plan and implementing it over time."

Brawn left Formula 1 at the end of the 2013 season, having worked with Mercedes, Ferrari, Benetton and his own team Brawn GP.

Since then, the Briton has been off the spotlight until recently as a result of the new book he is launching this week.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn-to-return-to-f1-as-sporting-boss-report-845859/?s=1

"For sure, trying to help F1 become a better F1 would be appealing. It would be the one thing that could be interesting."

Start by removing Bernie out of the picture, permanently.

Just saw this on Reddit:

I'm born in 97', same as Max Verstappen, and was also racing karts at a decent level. So have raced quite a lot with Max through the years, including the European Karting Championships in 2011.Williams F1 Team was setting up an F1 simulator, so that we, the drivers, could come and have a go. Of course they also sat up a leaderboard, so everyone went to drive the sim to get the fastest laptime between our heats, with competitive nature;)
Amazingly I came out on top at the end of the weekend, without knowing that in some years later, three of the guys on the leaderboard would be driving in F1.
Quite funny to look back at:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/5ozoay/ot_i_once_beat_verstappen_stroll_bottas_among/

What a story to tell! I wish someone would open one of those funding campaigns and get this guy sponsored to get back racing.

Last edited:
I can still remember this: