Random Thoughts...[F1 edition]

the best...

whatever your opinion of martin brundle, he's always better than the local commentator...

I think the F part is way too long...

gkU7Z2g.png

Still not good though, nothing wrong with the previous logo.

I I think they should have done something like this:

bbCYTCS.png

So we have a new logo for Formula One starting in 2018:

45948ed820777a246ff9eee13107e746.jpg

F1's marketing head Ellie Norman said the design of the logo was based on two cars going around a circuit and battling for the finish line.

This replaces the former one which had been in use for 23 years. The official decision is that the old logo was too complicated for digital advertising which is becoming more and more important not just to F1 but all brands (many of whom have also simplified their logos to adapt).

probably just optical illusion, but the white strip between the F and the 1 isn't parallel!
at the top it's wider than at the bottom, and that drives me crazy!

it's like the 1 is angled one degree more than the F is...

when the first news appeared that a new logo was about to be announced, many sites showed this as possible option

F1-Logo-Trademark-6.jpg

it needs some work, but i would've like something like this!

Needs more "The Chain". Good logo, nonetheless, car and all.

That's the FIA logo which has the car, though... if there's an F1 logo in there it's "Formula 1 World Championship" :D

Leclerc and Ericsson at Alfa Sauber, concept for livery also shown

DQCVxkgVwAAky0T.jpg

Oh pretty!

They kept Ericsson? That sucks...

They kept Ericsson? That sucks...

Well his backers do own the team, so... I am guessing nobody else could come up with the cash for the seat or like Williams and Massa, they want at least one "known quantity" in the team to benchmark the new car (and driver) against compared to the old.

So while Kubica evidently did well in Abu Dhabi, reports from Autosport and others imply Sirotkin will get the Williams seat through a combination of being faster and bringing GBP 15 million in sponsorship to the team.

Not unexpected at all. Russia keeps trying to force something into F1, no matter how terrible (Petrov, Kvyat, Marussia, Sochi) it is.

Fwiw he does seem to have some talent.... but more importantly with 2 paydrivers, Williams finally has a buttload of money!

8b4e0727df48e855edf67794a0960493.jpg

that looks awfully familiar...
and has been around longer than the new F1 logo...