Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

^ Button handled the stupid question very well. :D

As for the crash: It looks serious, but I just read both drivers are unhurt. Is that information correct?

Also did anyone see the horrible F3 crash in brands hatch? Bianchi and Geronimi are lucky to be alive:
*snip*
Brands hatch again? I wonder when they have to redesign that part of the track, Or atleast enlarge the gravel area..

Last edited:
oh yea, sorry about that.. Still Brands doesn't seem to be the safest of tracks.. I think the full GP layout is a great track, but it does need some work...

The swedish WTCC commentators were actually talking about the dangers of the track just before Surtees died..

I just need someone to capture Larinis assault on Van Lagen and then I'll have new ammo for that thread on the unsportlyness of italians...

As far as that F3 crash goes, that's an unusual place to go off (just after the exit of the corner) and in many places the end result would have been pretty much the same. That said, there are some places in Brands Hatch where there could be more runoff on the outside of the corners in the GP loop but IMO Paddock Hill is not a specially dangerous place.

And I agree on Larini. That was a low blow... But what a run by Van Lagen. He was pretty much taking the first corner in Oschersleben with a scandinavian flick. Spectacular stuff! Such a shame it ended in the manner it did _(

It's interesting how the 400hp F2 cars are slower than the 250hp FM cars. Lousy Avon tires?

Also did anyone see the horrible F3 crash in brands hatch? Bianchi and Geronimi are lucky to be alive:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJoZ-jxcoY&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

It looked like the guy on the outside realised 'well I'm screwed, but you're coming with me!' with that second collision. I guess the guy on the inside simply didn't realise he was there. Glad to see both are ok!

Van Lagen deserved points...fucking Chevrolet.

Picked up this month's Romanian version of TG Magazine. And they are talking about an annual rally in Sibiu (in the middle of our country) which is currently part of the National Rally Championship... well, next year, it has been included in the IRC calendar from what I could gather. :D

If it's during my holidays, then F*** YEAH, because I'm going to see it!

Last edited:
Wow! What a day!

I woke up to thunder and lightning. I said "well, looks like I'm going to learn to race karts in the rain!"

On the way to the track we passed the mothball fleet over the Benicia/Martinez bridge. It was getting owned by lighting like a firing squad.

The first session was done with rain tires, during a light sprinkling. It wasn't really all that wet, and the tires got roasted. I found that I'm actually quite good in the wet since I was half a second quicker than everyone else! There was still just enough water that a rain line was needed, and careful use of the throttle as well.

The track slowly dried and no more rain came, so we put on slicks and went out for qualifying. I got the pole by a tenth.

Then in the race (bright and sunny, natch) I led flag to flag, and set fastest lap! Woooo! A clean sweep. And I moved up to 3rd in the championship (out of 25).

Needless to say I'm feeling really good right now.

Last edited:
Random Trivia of the Day: Jonathan Legard studied History at the University of Leeds.

It's true!
:thumbsup::p

Also my new physics teacher looks remarkably like him.

I fell asleep trying to choke down the Monza race two nights in a row now, when's Moto GP back?

:lol: at Hamilton's crash. I thought his daddy was gonna cry.

Last edited: