Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

On a rather different note...

My random thought for 2013 is that it seems I won't be able to get a budget to continue kart racing in the national championship this year. I had a great time in 2012 with 2 podiums (altough I couldn't win) but that was on a very limited budget as well, with little or no track-time apart from the 3 races out of 7, finishing 4th in the championship. Must get a job or find some money soon :lol:

it's beginning to look like the pay drivers in F1 are a golden opportunity for endurance racing...
all the big names should get them more popularity and media attention

I was pleasantly surprised to note that the organizers were live streaming themselves, with Radio Le Mans commentary overlaid for commentary. I hope they can keep it going for the coming races.

I was pleasantly surprised to note that the organizers were live streaming themselves, with Radio Le Mans commentary overlaid for commentary. I hope they can keep it going for the coming races.

Le Mans has a different TV deal, but for the 6 hour races the streaming should be in place, and if Silverstone was the model of things to come, then more of the same I'd say, the streaming quality this weekend was fantastic.

Le Mans has a different TV deal, but for the 6 hour races the streaming should be in place, and if Silverstone was the model of things to come, then more of the same I'd say, the streaming quality this weekend was fantastic.
I figured as much with Le Mans, but I bought access to Eurosport last year and since it worked fine, I will probably do that again anyway. A real shame I only discovered the live stream for Silverstone a good few hours into the race, but at least I now know it's there.

does race control also listen to radio lemans?

someone got a drive through for breaching rule xx section yy (whatever it was), and they were laughing that even the teams won't know from memory what that section actually described
5 seconds later race control said over a broadcast that rule was having too many people working on the car at once during the pitstop...

does race control also listen to radio lemans?

someone got a drive through for breaching rule xx section yy (whatever it was), and they were laughing that even the teams won't know from memory what that section actually described
5 seconds later race control said over a broadcast that rule was having too many people working on the car at once during the pitstop...

Don't think so, it's the other way around, the Race Control radio feed is broadcast to everyone and it announces penalties, caution/SC situations and incidents in the same way in which the same info is relayed to the teams. Possibly on a bit of a delay on the world feed, but not a major one, 10 seconds at most.

Wooo! I'm going to be a circuit marshal for the Detroit Belle Island Grand Prix.

I'm excited!

Was it not possible for the FIA to come it with a slightly less confusing way of doing qualifying for the WEC races? It's certainly not a spectator friendly one they've got running this time around...

Was it not possible for the FIA to come it with a slightly less confusing way of doing qualifying for the WEC races? It's certainly not a spectator friendly one they've got running this time around...

Qualifying for an endurance race isn't actually that important, and this format means that the cars are on track for far more of the qualifying session. And at Spa they managed to sort out the timing systems and the session actually went smoothly (unlike Silverstone), the online timing screen worked perfectly.

Also, the system won't be applied at Le Mans.

Last edited:
i had no idea this race was on :unsure:

so the number 7 failed to finish
but did it race okay? will audi have competition at le mans?

(and i'm glad it isn't McNish that won, i don't lik that guy at all! almost as obnoxious as bobby unser)

Last edited:
i had no idea this race was on :unsure:

so the number 7 failed to finish
but did it race okay? will audi have competition at le mans?

(and i'm glad it isn't McNish that won, i don't lik that guy at all! almost as obnoxious as bobby unser)

It was battling for the podium when it went in with its problem, and was on route to save a full pitstop compared to the Audis, it kept pitting about 2-3 laps later every stint.

Wtcc is in Russia. The marshalls at Moscow ring were useless last year when Renault World Series visited and the same is true this year. It takes forever for them to clear cars. People just stand around in the corners not doing anything. Race now stopped because the tow truck broke down and needs a tow truck. Russia, so predictable.

Update
Race will resume with the massive telescopic loader stranded in first corner, because fuck it just drive around it. Welcome to Russia.

Last edited:
That's Russia for you :lol: I've lived there for four years - in Omsk, Siberia. Trust me in contrast to Omsk, Moscow is positively well organized :lol: