Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

I've watched more NASCAR races than F1 races this year. What do you think about that!?

I wish I could watch NASCAR on TV here (they used to show it a couple of years ago). I'm not interested enough to download the races but I would watch some of it occasionally.

You know, I've tried, and tried to watch NASCAR, but it just does not appeal to me in any shape of form in terms of it being a spectator sport. The last race I tried to watch was at Watkins Glenn, and during Montoya's charge to, what was it... 3rd place (somewhere in the middle of the race), the commentators were just annoying the hell out of me so I switched channels.

You know, I've tried, and tried to watch NASCAR, but it just does not appeal to me in any shape of form in terms of it being a spectator sport. The last race I tried to watch was at Watkins Glenn, and during Montoya's charge to, what was it... 3rd place (somewhere in the middle of the race), the commentators were just annoying the hell out of me so I switched channels.

Likewise - it's now shown on free-to-air TV here, and I've tried a couple of times to get into it, but I just can't.

Does anyone know a place where JGTC (rather, Super GT now...) is available to stream? I've seen some races here and there on random motorsports news shows, and I've always been interested in following the series. The races look so bloody exciting, it's insane!

Also, on another note: Why the hell has DTM become so boring?

I wonder why the LMS has so few races in it... the 2008 season will soon end at Silverstone. They should make it like the old WSC, with more races and of varying distance.

In that case, I'll keep bugging my parents until we can slot Motors TV in the TV line-up.

Of course NASCAR has more races on it's calendar than F1, it's a sanctioning body.

Even so, the Sprint Cup series, alone, has twice as many points races as the Formula 1 series.

I think he was referring to Sprint Cup(or whatever the main championship is called in any given time) by NASCAR. Which is pretty much what people associate the term NASCAR with unless they know something about the sport.

This season a finnish broadcaster has broadcasted most Sprint Cup races and I've watched almost all of them either live or after downloading (in case of night races that are just too late for me). I'm liking the racing more and more as I'm getting to know the drivers and recognise more than a few cars, though I still prefer other forms of motorsport over it. Apart from the occasional crash the races tend to be boring for the first half or three quarters, and then stuff might start happening in the closing stages.

vikiradTG2007 said:
I wonder why the LMS has so few races in it... the 2008 season will soon end at Silverstone. They should make it like the old WSC, with more races and of varying distance.

I would guess it's a cost issue. LMS is still rather small series with lots of privateers and not much visibility in the media.

Having more than two manufacturers in the series would certainly help.

Well, true... but even back in the day when I followed it regularly and Opel was around, towards the end of Opels tenure they just puddled around being backmarkers or midfielders (except for the odd win here and there), but during those times it was still exciting.

I mean, the cars look gorgeous these days, but the racing is just ehhhhhhhh... not to mention the stupid strategies that have started playing out which kinda ruins the fun anyway.

Have you ever imagined Mika Hakkinen playing with a rubber duck in the bath?

[/disturbing image]

Well... someone got to see him do it. In his F1 days.

WTF? :blink: :lol:

And guess who it was that saw him...

Good ol' Johnny Herbert. They were teammates at Lotus at the time.

I heard some comments from Mika about Herbert's sleeping habits. Apparently he always slept naked and they had to share a room several times during their time at Lotus.

I heard some comments from Mika about Herbert's sleeping habits. Apparently he always slept naked and they had to share a room several times during their time at Lotus.

A match made in Heaven... :lmao:

And I'm sure that both of them had moments when they wanted to smash the same man to bits. No names given, Eddie Irvine.

:wave: from Indianapolis!

IMG_3223.jpg