Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

It is being paved because of the chemicals used on the road to keep it sticking together or to keep dust down or some such is contaminating rivers so the Colorado greenies are up in arms about it. Technically they are correct, but apparently there are HEAPS of roads that contribute to this but Pikes Peak is being targeted because of its high profile

It's more that the road surface itself erodes so much every year.

Great run, why is it being tarmac'd? Is the road important outside of this event? Or too dangerous for normal use? If it is fully tarmac'd next year, teams will just be running slicks. Then watch the records tumble!

We'll be seeing formula cars next year I reckon.

Went to NHRA qualifying yesterday in Joliet Illinois. I have to say, TV does no justice to being there. The force that the top fuel dragsters and fuel funny cars puts out is like nothing else I've ever experienced.

Apparently in 1993 Emerson Fittipaldi was thinking of tempting one A. Senna over the pond to race in Indycar at the same time as Mansell made the leap... I'm just wondering, had May 1 1994 not happened, if we'd have had another holder of the Triple Crown of Motorsport today.

9113724.jpg

McLaren Engineers: ''We told you 4 years ago we were gonna kick ass''

Apparently in 1993 Emerson Fittipaldi was thinking of tempting one A. Senna over the pond to race in Indycar at the same time as Mansell made the leap... I'm just wondering, had May 1 1994 not happened, if we'd have had another holder of the Triple Crown of Motorsport today.

gghh...:cry: Tough Call

Not necessarily. He still would've had to win Le Mans.