Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

go KRK!!!

can anyone tell me what happened to them?
they were 3rd when i went to bed, now they are 50th :(

(yes, their race reporting sucks, no twitter, and no facebook fanpage)

I caught an interesting series of tweets from a couple Corvette Racing drivers.

@TommyMilner: Olivier [Beretta] is getting a good look of the inside of the troopers car #notagoodstarttotheroadtrip http://ow.ly/i/fcRv

@olivergavin: how quick?? What did trooper do when Olivier gave him his Monegasque licence?? "WTF is this??" #OlivierRollsOutTheFrench

@TommyMilner: The cop didn't believe Monaco was a country or that it was a real drivers license #crackerjackboxlicensesinmonaco

@olivergavin: So U got there, did Olivier make it or is he still talking to the trooper about the licence he got from a Christmas cracker...

@TommyMilner: We made it but Olivier isn't sure how he will pay. They don't take cash, credit, or European checks. Maybe corn and cattle?

Rowan Atkinson has crashed his McLaren F1 GTR racecar.

Indycar at New Hampshire.
lololololol

.gif-ed for everyone's pleasure.

t56hqb.gif

what happened?

Despite all the drivers and teams saying that it was raining, the officials decided to restart the race, which resulted in half the field wrecking. Will Power was one of the ones who wrecked and he was just showing his displeasure to the officials. Unknown to Power at the time, they reset the standings to what they were before the last restart.

Odd occurrence in the FIA's press release archive... the press release which establishes the decision about Schumacher's penalty for the Jerez '97 incident (exclusion from the WDC results) is also the press release that confirms ThrustSSC's supersonic world land speed record. :lol:

congrats to grosjean with his championship title! :thumbup:

also:

[video=youtube;-V7oEwNCizg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V7oEwNCizg[/video]

Last edited:
live stream 24h carting for if anyone is interested (scouting future F1 pilots?): http://www.lemans.org/live-streaming/24-heures-karting-2011.html

fucking ACO! this they stream, yet the 24h of lemans only gets a live timing :mad:

This is a relatively minor event on the motorsport event scale, there is no TV coverage, that's why it is actually streamed. Le Mans itself is a large event, lots of TV coverage, no free streaming from the ACO.

I'm watching the BTCC the 'show' is awful.

Qualifying and race.
Mini championship
911 championship
Another race.
etc
6 years later the show ends.

The last time I watched the BTCC, it was the year when there were 8 competitors and 6 of them were in Astra coupes.
Didn't they add a bingo element?

Bring back the Quattros. :(

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I quite like the BTCC show. It's not like I watch it from start to finish (I actually went jogging between race one and two and will go to shops before third race starts), but I catch some things every now and again from the support races as well. Some of the support classes are actually quite entertaining to watch (especially the Ginettas).

Also, the racing has been pretty good on the BTCC races.