Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

Kick HRT out!!

vikirad! help! :lol:

WIN these 4 cutting edge motorsport books worth ?100!

those questions are hard!

this is what i got so far :p

1. Where what the British Grand Prix first held?
Silverstone

2. Team Lotus has its factory in Hingham in Norfolk, England, but it is not the first to use the facility. Three other famous car marques have had their name above the same building's door ? who are they?*

3. Which engineer first used a downforce generating wing on a racecar?*
Jim Hall

4. Who (person) designed the current Formula 2 car?*
Jonathan Palmer

5. What does the M in Virgin MVR-02 stand for?*
Marussia

6. What car company links Elvis Presley, the town of Rye in Kent, England and McLaren?*
Detomasso? (only car company i can link to elvis)

7. Which company built the Superleague Formula car?*
?lan Motorsport Technologies

8. The North American Eagle could break the World Land Speed Record soon, but what is it based on?*
Lockheed F-104 Starfighter

9. What car shares its chassis with the DeltaWing LMP?*

10. How many chassis were designed for the 2007 F1 season?*

anyone knows any more :p

10: 9 chassis, the Super Aguri was the 2006 Honda and the Toro Rosso - the 2006 Red Bull.
9: The DeltaWing (which is considered by a lot of sportscar fans to be an utter abomination and they would like nothing better than to see it burn in hell) is built around an Aston Martin AMR-One tub.
4: The F2 car is a Williams design, Jonathan Palmer and MSV are only responsible for running the series. So it's probably a Patrick Head design.

(And no, I'm not interested in the contest, that's why I'm answering the questions here :p )

Last edited:
My mom used to watch racing years and years ago (talking 1970s here) and she occasionally remembers some names and events from back then, but not very well. Today an Indycar race from 1995 was playing on my PC and the commentators mentioned Michael Andretti, and she started talking a bit about Mario Andretti as if he were dead. :lol: Had to tell her that the man's still alive and kicking into his 70s.

zupdpg3.jpg

zupdpg34.jpg

zupdpg3a.jpg

zupdpg3b.jpg

zupdpg3c.jpg

zupdpg3d.jpg

zupdpg3e.jpg

zupdpg3f.jpg

Racecar engineering said:
Third Generation Riley Daytona Prototype tests

Another major player for the 2012 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series took to the stage for the first time Monday at Daytona International Speedway, as the Riley DPG3 took its first laps in preparation for the 50th running of the race. ?It?s a little bit different to drive, but it?s awesome. The guys did an excellent job getting it ready. We?re still learning the car, but it?s all good ? and it looks beautiful, too. From the driver?s standpoint, our position is a little bit more in the center of the car, and I feel a little bit lower. It?s fine, but it just takes a little time to get used to? explained John Pew who drive the No. 60 Michael Shank Racing Ford/Riley.

Attachments

• zupdpg3f.jpg
    zupdpg3f.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
New Riley DP[/QUOTE]

Love it, the older ones always looked a bit awkward IMO. This one has a very classic sportscar shape, a bit of a 90s vibe to it. Definitely like the shape better than the R18s, 908s and whatnots.

Crossposting from the awesome thread, Liam Doran will be racing a Ford RS200 at Pike's Peak this year:

[IMG]http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/25010/LiamDoran_11.jpg

925hp, 950Nm and sub-1000kgs doesn't sound too shabby. Full Pistonheads article here.

Meh. Mark Rennison had 950bhp in his RS200 a few years back. That is, unless he decided to use the nitrous, which gave another 200bhp...

Still, should be interesting to see this thing on the all-tarmac hill...

I have myself a go-kart now, and took it out yesterday! Feels very good so far, so looking forward to my first race day later on in the year.
What kind of chassis and engine do you use? I also compete in the IC-A championship here and I can't wait for the new season to start I miss racing A LOT!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, any type of kart is massive fun in my book I hope you have a fun and reliable time with it.

Last edited:
Rotax and Arrow Ax-8. Currently preparing it for superkarting, hopefully not too long before I sit the track
Woah, that's awesome. You got the 256 single or 257? Have you raced karts before or are you jumping straight to 250cc?

:woot:

to whoever is going as well, see you there! :D
3 times FOS in a row is enough, time for revival!

Last edited: