Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

Formula E is stupid, the cars sound bad and the pitstops are the worst. Changing a vehicle is cheating. I know they can't get around that, they can't wait for 13 hours or change the battery. But, I dunno. Cut the cars power in half.

Don't mince around jumping in a spare car!!!

give it some time to mature, i think it can become something worth watching

i already enjoy the races, especially watching heidfeld fuck up his race every single time :lol:
(and d'ambrosio is doing alright the last couple of races! - go belgium! :p)

Don't forget they are opening up powertrains for development from the start of next season. The plan was for batteries to become open for development from season 3, but they might delay that. They do hope to remove the two-car-per-race requirement as soon as possible.

VDN0Lal.jpg

Thats a pretty ugly front end. Looks like it preemptively ran into a wall.

As someone with a computer science background and a tiny bit of experience with AI subjects... I am being serious when I say this: I believe it's a GREAT idea. :D

same here!! i'll be watching!! :D
and all AI should be calculated towards maldonado's driving :lol:

Does anyone happen to know someone who races in Spec B, the Nissan Micra Cup, or something of that sort? I'm writing an article about ChumpCar for a journalism class, and I need someone who can discuss the costs associated with a more expensive (but still relatively cheap) series to provide some perspective.

In a championship FIA must allow any raceteam to compete on all WEC races, while in a cup, there can be a selection.
That means any factory GTEpro WEC team would get as many places in lemans as they can field them in over the season, even if their car is shit.
I think its not FIA directly, but more interests of LMP1 teams and factories, which do not want "inhouse" popularity competition with GTEpro factories.

Nissan cancels the GT-R LM.
The Japanese manufacturer returned to sports car racing?s top flight this year with its technically adventurous front-engined prototype, which was designed by Ben Bowlby.

However, the team struggled to develop the car and its three entries were a long way off the pace of the front-running Porsches and Audis at Le Mans in June. Two of Nissan's cars failed to finish and the third didn?t complete sufficient distance to be classified.

What a surprise. :lol:

can anyone explain to me what the "domed skids" are indy seems to be obsessed by lately?

^thanks!

weird that i hadn't seen that link before, i read almost every article on that site
but it's definitely the first one which explains how it actually works!

Stoffel Vandoorne qualified 4th for his first super formula race!
in front of his teammate once again!
what a talent! can't wait to see him in F1!! :D