Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

Oh, I know, it's just that the 5D feels so light and.. err.. it feels like there's a lot of empty space in it.

:p
Have you ever held a 1D? It's like picking up and holding an anvil...

Not only held one, I've laughed at its owner right after she bought it and fell down a slope ending up in a mud pit, camera first. :p

However, I'm holding a photo workshop tomorrow. I'm somewhat scared.. but I've made powerpoints, so I know I'll survive.. :cry:

I have an RB but I can't say whether the 645 prism fits. If I had to guess I'd say no, the 645 should be a smaller system. You can get a prism finder for the RB. The lenses definitely won't fit. I think.

Edit; I'm gonna say no and no. Even some of the later KL lenses won't fit the earlier RB bodies cos they changed the diameter of the mount/rear flange, so if you're thinking of a body, better to get the later Pro-S (or the Pro at least). The earliest lenses are single coated (non C), the next C lenses are multi-coated and better, and the KL lenses are excellent.

It's often a good idea to buy this type of system as a complete kit, as it's getting more and more difficult to come by second hand equipment. Usually the more gear being sold at once, the better the deal.

And I have a question. I have a heap of old slide film that's years(?) past its use by (but probably still OK). Does anyone have any ideas for something interesting to do with it? I was thinking of heating it up a bit to make the colours change. Perhaps just cross process it. I have 9 rolls of Provia 100F and 1 roll of 400F. Anyone know of any cross-processing methods for Provia? Or something else?

Last edited:
Not really, she's a sweet girl, and not stupid. But she deserved it, some way or another. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI[/youtube]

For thoese of you who don't like "doctoring" photos.. welcome to HELL.

^ well hang me if i say YAY! looks useful because i suck at taking photos.. :)

how much would you pay for canon 1d mark II and would you buy it full stop, 350d -> 1d mark II is it worth it?

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a dramatic difference. The "after" picture looks dull. The tree branch there is a significant compositional element... but, hey, I'm probably expecting too much from a photoshop nerd.

I think most of the changes were requests from clients, they start off as photographs but end up as adverts. That tool is extremely cool, incredibly extremely cool, especially for people with cloning special needs like me.

Yeah, I'll probably upgrade once CS5 is out. I didn't like CS4, especially the way adjustment layers work, so I've kept on working with CS3. But this is big, it's useful, and I'd like to have it.

Holy fuck I need that. I'm still on CS2 because I just didn't see anything 'special' in 3 or 4, but that looks insanely epic awesome for bad photographers like me :lol:

Looks too good to be true. Amazing!

How does the 3D tracking in the D90 compare to that of the D300's? I can definitely see its usefulness in shooting action.

Well thanks Adobe, I don't even have to take photos any more. :|

If you weren't a company that I'd like to work for soon, I'd tell you to shove it...