Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

You're hotshoe flash has an AF assist lamp, does it not?

It does, but It combination of the AF assist lamp, autofocus and a dark room gives a better result then the autofocus on a bright sunny day, outside. I would have have though the bright sunny day would be even brighter so as pose no problems for the AF.

No freaking way. Look at this! (clicky) That's ISO 1600 on a compact! (new backlit Canon SD4000)

And, ^, it's likely not the lens but the camera/you. The AF assist shoots out a pattern specifically designed to have high contrast right on the AF points, random things outside have high contrast at random areas probably not over the AF points unless you're a focus then frame type of person.

No freaking way. Look at this! (clicky) That's ISO 1600 on a compact! (new backlit Canon SD4000)

And, ^, it's likely not the lens but the camera/you. The AF assist shoots out a pattern specifically designed to have high contrast right on the AF points, random things outside have high contrast at random areas probably not over the AF points unless you're a focus then frame type of person.

Maybe thats it then. It definatly feels like the Autofocus with the flash on focus' correctly and with it off, it will miss it by quite a lot (Although it is only with this lens and not my other ones).

Am I the only one who find this funny?

bill-woot.jpg

What am I missing here? Who are those people?

It's the Bill you pillochs. Point is that they're using a manual film camera for a surveilance operation in 2010. And it's not as if they try to make it look retro, as they're using an EVIL as well..

Got another funny little thing..

Me and my dad were putting up a glass frame with a picture.. it fell. How much force are we talking about? Let's juts say I wouldn't want to get it on my head..

glassramme.jpg

It's.. SPLIT a piece of wood!

The Bill is a long running British plod on the beat drama.

AKA those are stills from a British TV drama about police officers, a show that none of us besides nomix knew about until just now. :p

You really need to get cultural impulses from other countries. :p

Hmm, yeah, I really need to start paying more attention to bad shows from other countries that I don't get on my TV and don't have a big enough reputation to be readily found out about and downloaded.

Are we losing the point? For christ sake, am I the only one who gets annoyed when television shows and films just pick up any old camera? It's just so inaccurate, I've seen portrayals of paparazzis using 300D's with kit lenses and popup flashes, which would just not happen.. err..

I'm the only? Oh, okay.

Are we losing the point? For christ sake, am I the only one who gets annoyed when television shows and films just pick up any old camera? It's just so inaccurate, I've seen portrayals of paparazzis using 300D's with kit lenses and popup flashes, which would just not happen.. err..

I'm the only? Oh, okay.

No, I see your point.
In fact I noticed they stopped using proper cameras in CSI and are now using much simples cameras with pop-up flash, which is ridiculous for a crime scene investigation. Dexter still uses proper ring flashes and the like, but let's see for how long.

I remember an episode of the West Wing when they were showcasing the press pool in some situation or what-not. They were inside a small meeting room, one of the photographers inside the room were using a.. 600mm f/4!

That's like the Sun letting a photographer use a fisheye to get a picture of prince Harry on a 7th floor balcony..