Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

:lol:
Nice

Ocelots don't belong inside, they're outside cats...

Ocelots don't belong inside, they're outside cats...
Not necessarily, there are numerous examples of ocelots being kept as pets, most notably one kept as a pet by the famous artist Salvador Dali.

451px-Salvador_Dali_NYWTS.jpg

On YouTube I've seen a poor tiger being kept as a pet inside some idiot's condo, keeping an ocelot indoors somehow seems a lot less cruel.

Also, there's such a thing as the ocicat. It's a domesticated breed that looks like the ocelot on the outside; that cat posted above could very well just be an ocicat.

Ok so my 350d is getting a bit long in the tooth. The screen is a bit of a struggle to review photos on, and sometimes I would like more megapixels. Video recording isn't a big deal to me.

I was thinking of getting something like the EPL1, or the NEX-5. I'm mainly going to be shooting architecture and portraits. Anybody got any views on this?

The screen is a bit of a struggle to review photos on
I believe it.

...and sometimes I would like more megapixels
I doubt it.

I was thinking of getting something like the EPL1, or the NEX-5. I'm mainly going to be shooting architecture and portraits. Anybody got any views on this?
Architecture often involves wide angles. With wide angles, the larger the sensor, the better. 4/3rds is not your friend here.

And, generally speaking, I stay away from Sony. They have a general habit of crapping on their customers.

That looks like an old timey mortar. :eek:

I believe it.

I doubt it.

Architecture often involves wide angles. With wide angles, the larger the sensor, the better. 4/3rds is not your friend here.

And, generally speaking, I stay away from Sony. They have a general habit of crapping on their customers.

I disagree, I don't see how you can say he doesn't want more megapixels when he said he does. 4/3rds should be decent for architecture since they are much sharper.

Typical, Jessops have stopped stocking the 18-70mm lens I was planning on buying with my D7000. Jacobs stock it, but for ?300 instead of the ?150 Jessops were charging. I have another company that sells it for ?170 but I'm not sure I trust them.

What's the general opinion of the Sigma 18-50mm? That looks like the only equivalent lens in the price range.

Grrrrr... for no reason I can find, my D90's shutter button has started lagging at random.

Sometimes, the shutter fires as expected. Other times it lags and sometimes it doesn't fire at all.

Yes, I know how to use a shutter button properly
Yes, it happens with all of my lenses
Yes, I've cleaned the contacts (it doesn't say "--" when this delay occurs)
No, it's not hunting for focus
No, it's not on MLU/EDM
No, the buffer isn't full
No, the timer isn't set

Is there anything else I haven't tried? I really don't want to send it in to Nikon's craptacular customer "service" and be without it for an entire month :mad:

Last edited:
So, anyone in the market for a D2Hs? I still haven't sold mine, and I'd rather see it in one of your capable hands than sell it to some random guy on eBay. In very good state (has been serviced by Nikon a while ago and I haven't used it since), 45k actuations, with (more or less) complete accessories.

Serious offers via PM please! :)

I shall offer you fifty of the Queen's finest English pounds converted into whichever modern foreign and lesser equivilent you so wish. Well you did say serious offers by PM.

So how can I go about getting a better shot of the moon than this? EXIF is intact.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2010/10/25/DSC_1655.jpg