Random Thoughts... [Photographic Edition]

Not really, just superbly well lit and composed. But, wonderful, indeed. Also, dat dof.

And, suddenly, I feel an intense urge to head out with nothing but my 50mm equivalent :yes:

Shooting with a prime is a liberating experience. :lol:

draft_lens14838401module129561761photo_1288300628rsHTTK2U5q70yincOwBL6ILHo

im tempted to buy an 50mm 1.4...

I will buy one for my Canon TLb. The guy at the shop should call me next week. :giggity:

Photos like those are the reason why I like running around with my 30/1.4, or abuse my 18-135 STM as a portrait lens at the long end in fairly close situations. DoF ftw.

Walked around some used camera shops in Mong Kok yesterday... The choice... The prices... I'm glad I didn't bring any money ^^'

Just pulled the trigger on a refurbished Ricoh GR from KEH. I need something pocketable that still has good IQ, and in almost no definition of the term is my E-M5 pocketable. Was thinking of getting an E-PM2 but that's still too bulky with a non-bodycap lens, so the GR it is.

I have been trying to find a photographer to take a wedding photo of me and my to be wife. We are getting married in a small town, and just got a quote from a local photographer: 150 euros for the shoot. For that price she would process 20 photos, of which you can select the one(s) you like, and buy stupidly expensive paper photos from her. I thought having to buy paper photos was a bit antique, and asked what it would cost to get the original file(s) to own use. She answered: extra 150 euros.

So 300 euros for a wedding photo. I might actually have swallowed the price if the photos she shows in her portfolio would have been great looking, but they are very avarage. I believe I would be able to take as good pictures even myself. Is photography really this expensive?

Last edited:
Thread carefully.

You will quickly learn that anything with the word "wedding" appended multiplies in price. Is that 150 eur for the files buying the rights to the photos?

No other rights than for private use. It seems 300 euros is a quite normal price for very good photographers around here. And if I knew that the results would be good I would probably pay it, but her photos don't seem to be good enough for me to pay that kind of money. Looked for more prices, and cheapest photographers are around 100-150 euros with the files on USB stick, and her photographs are more on par with those. I actually like some of those better. So the quality/price ratio is a bit off for her work.

And yes, the word wedding seems to multiply everything. Graduation photoshoot 130 euros, wedding photoshoot 300 euros. :)

Last edited:
I have been trying to find a photographer to take a wedding photo of me and my to be wife. We are getting married in a small town, and just got a quote from a local photographer: 150 euros for the shoot. For that price she would process 20 photos, of which you can select the one(s) you like, and buy stupidly expensive paper photos from her. I thought having to buy paper photos was a bit antique, and asked what it would cost to get the original file(s) to own use. She answered: extra 150 euros.

So 300 euros for a wedding photo. I might actually have swallowed the price if the photos she shows in her portfolio would have been great looking, but they are very avarage. I believe I would be able to take as good pictures even myself. Is photography really this expensive?
You dont want to know what we are paying then :D We have the photographer with us from photoshoot in locations/scenes, church and afterparty and you can multiply that 300? also.

Last edited:
somebody help me out real quick: didn't we use to have some sort of thread "beautiful disasters" or something, where people would post pictures that went horribly wrong but worked great nonetheless? spent more than a quarter of an hour searching for that thing and am now starting to think that might've been somewhere else :|

You dont want to know what we are paying then :D We have the photographer with us from photoshoot in locations/scenes, church and afterparty and you can multiply that 300? also.

We have looked at those whole day packages too. They certainly aren't for someone with a tight budget.

We have looked at those whole day packages too. They certainly aren't for someone with a tight budget.
We did not get the documentary whole day version. This was the middle way.