Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Today is budget day! Ruling coalition borrows money to lower taxes, opposition thinks borrowing money to lower taxes when the deficit is projected to be 107 billion kronor is a bad idea. I'd have to agree. The red team got more applaudes in the chamber, the finance minister got personal in his tone and was pretty badly burned.

Well, what's wrong with tax cuts that will give millions of swedes 250 kroner (35 USD) in tax relief so they can get themselves a subscription to a newspaper. Obviously, the Reinfeldt government is very worried about people not reading enough newspaper.

What? That's not why they're doing? What the hell do they expect people to do with 250 kroner?

/Rant

Reinfeldt gets 48 245 kronor. With his wife getting equal tax cut the pair makes nearly 100 000 more a year thanks to their own politics. Altough that's nothing compared to fellow party member and Speaker of the Parliament Per Westerberg who saves a hefty 2 000 000 from the tax cuts. To balance the budget, specific taxes for retirees will be introduced since they are an unproductive lot, they will now need to pay a higher percentage of their income than people of working age.

I'm sure they will use their tax cuts to buy Ericsson mobile phones and Volvos. Or that speaker dude can put down some money on a downpayment of a Koenigsegg.

I think we should have a competition - the Final Gear Crap Government competition - no perhaps not we'd win by a country mile.

Last edited:
I think Robert Mugabe would beat mr. Brown into his boots. Perhaps you become better at ruining a government if you've got two eyes? What do I know.

Well.. if we look back.. what about Taft? Taft was a bullshit president.

I think Robert Mugabe would beat mr. Brown into his boots. Perhaps you become better at ruining a government if you've got two eyes? What do I know.

Well.. if we look back.. what about Taft? Taft was a bullshit president.

Our government will beat all of those into submission when it comes to being crap. :lol:

20 trillion cameras - total number of miscreants brought to justice 1 - result! No we have the crapest Governmenet - all the way from "You rebate is safe in my hands" immediately before giving loads of it back to the EU, to "do not worry the Army will have all the equipment it needs" - through making millions out of bogus expenses - Duck House and a Moat clean anyone?

I might be wrong, but doesn't the cameras help a lot with, well, arresting people who, well, you know, assault people on the streets and take their vaulets?

Nope - there is no mechanism to get the footage to the Police - unless it's a murder they do not bother looking for it usually.

Yeah, but it's monitored, and doesn't the monitor-people-persons call the cops when they see stuff?

Yeah, but it's monitored, and doesn't the monitor-people-persons call the cops when they see stuff?
You don't really think that the gazillion minutes of video footage are actually watched by someone without a specific reason, right?

Depends on which camera. Some are monitored at all times. Some are not. Some are connected to speakers so control can talk to the people they are observing.

the OAS is demanding we let our ex presi back on charge again

too bad they removed us from the OAS and therefore have no authority on us

they are also demanding total security from him, course mate, he can have security in his nice and comfy jail cell

Complicated business that. The international community is however unanimous, Zelaya is the rightful president of Honduras. In fact, no nation has declared support for Micheletti.

it's sad that they punish us for not acting like feeble sheep whilst guided towards communism

The situation is sad and unfortunate but the response from the international community is not, it is both correct and unanimous. Zelaya is a democratically elected president which has been ousted via a military coup d'?tat. The international community obviously cannot support such actions.

it's sad that they punish us for not acting like feeble sheep whilst guided towards communism

He can't really get that done in four years. Democracy i democracy. That you disagree with the guy does not give you the right to do a coup d'etat.

And don't do a Godwin..