Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

That reminds me, I have to go vote today since our former lord mayor now is minister president of the state and we need a new one. Never heard of either one of the candidates :hmm:

...and there'll be a run-off election in two weeks :yawn:
35.7% voter turnout is a bit embarrassing though.

Last edited:
^
That's a bit better than England normally gets for local elections. :lol:

Anyway, who is in the run-off anyone interesting?

She's got to be a figure head, right? No one is that hateful, right?

I sometimes wonder if the most rabid of the right and left belive all they say or just say it to get attention and money.

I honestly do not know if Coulter believes all she says but she does make a ton of money off of being provocative. She is not a dumb person and she knows what the right wing mass media will eat up so she profits on it.

What is worse if she believes what she says honestly and truly or just says outrageous things for a profit?

I think it is worse if she say sit for a profit but it fits in with her ideology of saying or doing anything to make money.

That by the way is Romney's ideology as well. He is not really a right wing ideologue and he is not really a pragmatist. He will just say or do anything to advance his personal goals. Right now those goals are to become president in the past they were Gov. or Senator and before that they were to make as much money as possible. Any position he takes or any act he carries out is ok in his mind as long as it increases the chances that he succeeds.

That is way more dangerous then either a right wing or left wing ideologue.

It is one thing to be pragmatic, I think Obama is at heart a Pragmatist and not a far left ideologue like the rabid right tries to portray him, and another thing entirely to be a pathological opportunist. The far left wouldn't be so unhappy with him if he was more left leaning. He moved to the center and then past the center to try and get the Republicans to agree to anything but that does not fit the Republican world view. They will be against anything he is for even they are positions/policies that they supported in the past.

Romney is that pathological opportunist with little if any defining core. I am sure his faith provides him with some type of core believes but since he has kept his faith fairly private, and I have no problem with that, it is hard to find that core.

Sure he is a Mormon but he hasn't given a speech on what his Mormon faith means to him. At least not that I know of. He hasn't delved deep into that kind of background so that you can see how it might shape his very core. And again that is ok and his right to do. I think forcing candidates to be so overtly religious is a real problem in US politics. Romney has not played up his Mormon faith as much, excluding talking about missionary work and tithing, as another religious candidate might because I think he is afraid of scaring traditional evangelical protestants. You know the ones that think Mormonism is a cult.

My head hurts after watching that.

She's got to be a figure head, right? No one is that hateful, right?

why is that woman so awful? who the hell gave her a pedestal anyways?

I do think she is just the female version of a Glenn Beck, or Rush Limbaugh. Definetly has the same talking points with a few optional extras to make her stand slightly apart.

And she got the pedestal by being pretty and obnoxious. God bless America?

God bless America?

mug.jpg

You and BR are probably correct, she's just a talking head that's in it for the green.

Iran Fired On U.S. Drone In International Airspace: Pentagon

http:// http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/iran-fired-on-us-drone-in_n_2094385.html

Snip

WASHINGTON -- An Iranian attack aircraft fired at least twice at an unarmed U.S. drone conducting routine surveillance in international airspace over the Persian Gulf, the Pentagon said Thursday. The aircraft missed and the drone returned to base unharmed.

The shooting in the Gulf, which occurred just before 5 a.m. EDT on Nov. 1, was unprecedented, Pentagon press secretary George Little said. The incident was not disclosed sooner because the military does not discuss classified surveillance missions, but agreed to answer questions after news reports revealed the shooting.

Little said the drone was about 16 miles off the Iranian coast when the Russian-made SU-25 Frogfoot warplane intercepted it and opened fire. He said it was the first time an unmanned U.S. aircraft was shot at in international airspace over the Gulf.

"Our aircraft was never in Iranian air space. It was always flying in international air space," Little told Pentagon reporters. "The United States has communicated to the Iranians that we will continue to conduct surveillance flights over international waters over the Arabian Gulf, consistent with longstanding practice and our commitment to the security of the region."

According to the Pentagon, the Iranian war plane made at least two passes by the slower-moving drone, firing "multiple rounds."

It's just breaking that General Petraeus is resigning as CIA Director, citing "personal reasons", possibly extra-marital affair. That's a shame.

EDIT: Story

Source: CIA director David Petraeus submits resignation over extramarital affair

Oh, that's sad to hear. I wonder if he resigned voluntarily, wanting to do so, or if he was pushed. I'm always concerned that extramarital affairs is a great security risk in the United States, as people in politics tends to necessarily get the sack.

I hope he and his family is doing okay.

Check Paula Broadwell doing pushups on The Daily Show.

She is married too, with two kids!

ABC Denver is very apologetic today after learning a hard (and embarrassing) lesson on why you need to be extra careful when sourcing photos from the web. On Monday, the 7NEWS station aired a segment on ex-CIA director David Petraeus and his affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell. When mentioning Bradwells new book, titled ?All In,? the station put up a book cover with a lewd title that read, ??All Up In My S**tch.?
http://www.petapixel.com/2012/11/14...after-reporter-pulls-photo-from-the-internet/
paula.jpg

Some intern just got themselves fired for that, 'tis funny though.

Still don't get the Petraeus bru-ha-ha in America, it's just an affair no big deal and not like he sold secrets to an enemy or anything important.
(French generals probably get fired for not having affairs. :lol:)

According to people on twitter, it's a conspiracy to keep the superhonest Peatreus from testifying on #Benghazi (it's no longer a Libyan town, it's morphed into a hashtag), and telling the American people by proxy (ie. McCain and that other idiot) why Obama attacked his own embassy with drones in Libya or something.

This is the concequence of just getting your information on any given story on Twitter. When you're following conservative nutters. Haven't slept tonight, sorry for any illogical random shit.

- - - Updated - - -

According to people on twitter, it's a conspiracy to keep the superhonest Peatreus from testifying on #Benghazi (it's no longer a Libyan town, it's morphed into a hashtag), and telling the American people by proxy (ie. McCain and that other idiot) why Obama attacked his own embassy with drones in Libya or something.

This is the concequence of just getting your information on any given story on Twitter. When you're following conservative nutters. Haven't slept tonight, sorry for any illogical random shit.