Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I think it is funny they are afraid of some tampons. They should be glad they are unused. Well, time to break out the rotton fruit then.

Oh, so when GRtak makes a post, I'm affiliated with it? How does that work?

You have done the exact same thing in prior threads re: guns.

And being part of the national party does not make me a part of the Texas Democratic Party. Either way, what does it matter? I've never said I support any of these people. You might as well be saying I'm affiliated with them because I'm an American (as are you) or because I'm a human (as are you). What the hell is your point?

The point is that people on site, who profess to believe to the same things you do, who vote for the same people you do, who belong to the same political organization that you do, are not having a problem with such things being barred from the gallery.

Take a firearm that fires tampons then.

Too bad that handguns that have a bore large enough to fire a tampon out of without exploding are banned under the Democrat-proposed-and-passed Gun Control Act of 1968. That's in every US state as it is a Federal law. And shotguns that have a bore large enough to do so are not covered by concealed carry licenses and therefore are banned from the capital by (again) those same Democrat-promulgated regulations from 1976.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is funny they are afraid of some tampons. They should be glad they are unused. Well, time to break out the rotton fruit then.

Amusingly, rotten fruit would be less of an issue - perhaps they should have brought that. The problem with the tampons is that there's no way to tell while the thing is flying through the air towards someone on the floor whether it's a biohazard or not. And then the question is what poor bastard gets stuck cleaning up OR what biohazard cleanup outfit gets the job. FYI, when Wisconsin had similar protestor actions, they found some of the supposedly 'unused' tampons weren't.

Last edited:
The point is that people on site, who profess to believe to the same things you do, who vote for the same people you do, who belong to the same political organization that you do, are not having a problem with such things being barred from the gallery.

That has no relevance. I'm not those people. I'm my own person. I have my own beliefs. No matter what party, organization, group, religion, cult, club, etc I belong to, my beliefs are independent from anyone else's. What some people 1500 miles away from me think has nothing to do with what my own beliefs are. I can't begin to imagine why you would think otherwise.

That has no relevance. I'm not those people. I'm my own person. I have my own beliefs. No matter what party, organization, group, religion, cult, club, etc I belong to, my beliefs are independent from anyone else's. What some people 1500 miles away from me think has nothing to do with what my own beliefs are. I can't begin to imagine why you would think otherwise.

See above, I added something.

You have done the exact same thing in prior threads re: guns.

I don't even know what this means. If you ever actually paid attention to my posts regarding guns, I tend to disagree with most democrats. Hell, one of the earliest posts I ever made on this forum was one on guns and one you supported. If I've ever agreed with GRtak or anyone on guns, or any topic, it's pure coincidence.

What you're grasping at, I have no idea. Why you're so desperate to lump me in with some random group of people, I don't know. I didn't even make a particularly harsh comment.

Last edited:
I don't even know what this means. If you ever actually paid attention to my posts regarding guns, I tend to disagree with most democrats. Hell, one of the earliest posts I ever made on this forum was one on guns and one you supported. If I've ever agreed with GRtak or anyone on guns, or any topic, it's pure coincidence.

What you're grasping at, I have no idea. Why you're so desperate to lump me in with some random group of people, I don't know. I didn't even make a particularly harsh comment.

I wasn't referring to you agreeing with GRtak, I was referring to you lumping others together.

I wasn't referring to you agreeing with GRtak, I was referring to you lumping others together.

Who have I lumped together? I think the only people I tend to lump together are congressional republicans and members of fox news (neither of which isn't entirely fair, tbh, but I'll back up with support anytime I do).

Because a number of groups have threatened to throw things at members in the floor during this session. They have also confiscated several jars of feces and urine.

I heard something about that, but it seemed to be hear-say. Are there any actual, confirmed reports of that?

On a side note, when did Texas start being ruled by the Taliban? I've seen photos of the protests for this bill, it seems like a whole lot of people are against it. I just don't understand how people get so attached to ideas that they demand others follow their (adopted) taboos. If you are against abortion after * weeks of pregnancy, then don't have one. Never mind the obvious health issues that are at stake, including a media douche who actually stated that "liberals" can get their abortions from coat hangers.

Last edited:
It's mostly not about the number of weeks, that's fairly lenient in the US and in Texas. It's about license technicalities that mean you get only a handful of places in all of tiny massive Texas, effectively banning abortion outright in most areas of the state.

If you are against abortion after * weeks of pregnancy, then don't have one. Never mind the obvious health issues that are at stake, including a media douche who actually stated that "liberals" can get their abortions from coat hangers.

Because the religious love to stick their nose in every bodies business. They just LOVE to legislate morality, as long as it is their morality. Calling the Religious Right the Taliban isn't far off.

I heard something about that, but it seemed to be hear-say. Are there any actual, confirmed reports of that?

Yes, there are. Official DPS news release:

During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint. All of these items ? as well as significant quantities of feminine hygiene products, glitter and confetti possessed by individuals ? were required to be discarded; otherwise those individuals were denied entry into the gallery.

So, yes, confirmed.

From over here the political process in the US seems to be mis firing somewhat just at the moment - odd that. Ours is in a state but no where near as bad as the US seems to be - filibuster. ...

Because the religious love to stick their nose in every bodies business. They just LOVE to legislate morality, as long as it is their morality. Calling the Religious Right the Taliban isn't far off.

You forget there is also the Religious Left. Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, the late Ted Kennedy - all avowed devoted Catholics, just to name three. And of course, you've also forgotten that Mr. I'm Gonna Listen To All Your Phone Calls in the White House is also publicly religious.

- - - Updated - - -

It's mostly not about the number of weeks, that's fairly lenient in the US and in Texas. It's about license technicalities that mean you get only a handful of places in all of tiny massive Texas, effectively banning abortion outright in most areas of the state.

It's not exactly hard to satisfy the requirements in the bill; even the doc that took care of some ingrown toenails for me years ago had the required admitting privileges. In rural areas, pretty much all the doctors (except for the very worst hacks) have them as well by default.

- - - Updated - - -

Who have I lumped together? I think the only people I tend to lump together are congressional republicans and members of fox news (neither of which isn't entirely fair, tbh, but I'll back up with support anytime I do).

You actually lumped yourself in with them to cite just one example.

Yea, Democrats have always been the party of fun. We have all the good stuff (well, guns are a bit lacking on this side :p).

I would point out that I am not currently a member of any formal party. For just these reasons, among others.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is a repost, but it cracked me up:

:rofl:

Last edited:
It will also be of great benefit to the world if we can get them to be somewhat clean about their industrialization.

I usually stay out of the political subforum, but this really annoyed me

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/30/obama-to-announce-new-power-initiative-for-africa/

I thought we had plenty of our own problems.
Normally, these "aid" is designed in a way that makes sure that most of the money is spent on contracts with companies from the country giving aid - many countries actually make a profit from aid, using it as a hidden subsidy: I think German companies make something around 1.3 Euros from every Euro our government gives in aid.

The only people who should complain about these "aid" programs are the Africans who routinely get shafted in the name of national self-interest of the so-called "developed countries".