Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Well I would not torture anyone myself. Torture the enemy (Nationality is immaterial) we are no better than they are, and we bloody well should be.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/suicide-bomber-kills-suicide-bomers

Suicide Bomber Instructor Blows Up Suicide Bombers-In-Training

The commander of an Iraqi militant group accidentally killed 22 members of his unit Monday who were training to become suicide bombers after he conducted a demonstration with live explosives, the New York Times reported.

The Sunni militants belonged to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, also known as ISIS, according the Times. They have been engaged in fighting with the Iraqi government army and conducted suicide bombings throughout the country.

Another 15 members of the group were injured. An Iraqi army official described the commander as a "prolific recruiter," adding that he was "able to kill the bad guys for once" in Monday's accident.

The BBC offered a slightly different version of events, reporting that it was a car bomb that accidentally detonated and killed at least 21 insurgents.

This reminds me of the old Kamikaze joke.

Pay attention, I can only show you this once... but as a bonus he took his trainees with him.

Last edited:
achmed-the-dead-terrorist.png

Bombers blowing themselves up - I'd vote for that. Did the big bad guy kill himself, or has he gotten away?

- - - Updated - - -

Bombers blowing themselves up - I'd vote for that. Did the big bad guy kill himself, or has he gotten away?

And on the weather front in GB -> It has just finished raining, it is about to begin raining, or it is pissing it down, take your pick.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/11/us-tumbles-in-global-press-freedom-index/

U.S. tumbles in global press freedom index
The Obama administration?s handling of whistleblower Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency leaks and the investigation of a string of leaks produced a plunge in the country?s rating on press freedoms and government openness, according to a global survey released Tuesday.
The U.S. under President Obama, who once promised to run the ?most transparent? administration in the country?s history, fell from 32nd to 46th in the 2014 World Press Freedom Index, a drop of 13 slots. The index, compiled by the press advocacy group Reporters Without Borders, analyzes 180 countries on criteria such as official abuse, media independence and infrastructure to determine how free journalists are to report.[...]

http://rsf.org/index2014/en-index2014.php

Who remembers the Dorner manhunt incident? You know, the one where the LAPD was looking for a male in a silver Nissan and ended up shooting over 100 rounds at two females inside a blue Toyota? Well, justice has been served - all of the officers involved are back to work as if nothing happened.

Source
8 L.A. officers won?t be punished for firing 103 times on two unarmed women

LOS ANGELES, CA? Some may remember the harrowing case of cop-killer Christopher Dorner. Last year the former cop went on a rampage in California, sending people into a heightened state of vigilance. Yet the actions taken by eight LAPD officers stray from vigilance into excessive use of deadly force.

While guarding a high-ranking officer they feared was on Dorner?s hit list, the officers happened upon two women who were delivering newspapers in a blue Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. The officers apparently mistook the truck for Dorner?s, even though he drove a charcoal Nissan Titan pickup truck.

With no warning, the eight officers unleashed a hail of bullets, firing 103 times at the truck carrying Margie Carranza and her 71-year-old mother Emma Hernandez. Carranza, then 47, was cut by flying glass, her mother was shot in the back. Miraculously, both women survived.
None of officers will be fired, or even suspended for failing to identify themselves as police or to ensure the car was indeed Dorner?s before opening fire. They will only be required to take a little more training.

The Commission, after its investigation earlier this month, stated the officers were not at serious fault, even though they violated the Los Angeles Police Department?s policy.

Chief Charlie Beck insisted that this shooting was simply the result of ?a tragic cascade of circumstances that led to an inaccurate conclusion by the officers.?

This conclusion is absurd. Police should be held accountable for firing on two innocent and unarmed women, and their incompetence should be outed rather than dismissed as a ?tragic cascade of circumstances.?

Citing the tense atmosphere Dorner?s tirade had created as just cause for the shooting withers under scrutiny. Police are supposed to be able to deal with these increased pressures through the course of their training, but as is increasingly the case, officers often shoot first and ask questions later regardless of the circumstances.

The mother and daughter, though traumatized, received a settlement from the LAPD for $4.2 million dollars.

car_shot.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Separate thought: Heavy Hitters: Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2014.

Geeky ol' me went through the list. I see 28 unions on there. Together, they are responsible for 25% of all donations from the entire list of 156. Every single one of those 28 has a record with a heavy democratic lean.

Another fun fact: the evil baby-killing NRA is 52nd in the list, with 17 unions ahead of it.

Who remembers the Dorner manhunt incident? You know, the one where the LAPD was looking for a male in a silver Nissan and ended up shooting over 100 rounds at two females inside a blue Toyota? Well, justice has been served - all of the officers involved are back to work as if nothing happened.

Source

That's two to three years' worth of rounds fired at people by our police nationwide :blink:

The L.A.P.D, making the Seattle P.D. look good.

That's two to three years' worth of rounds fired at people by our police nationwide :blink:
Well, it should be mentioned that the US has almost 4 times the population of Germany... but yes, either police brutality, shootings, and general abuse of power are becoming more rampant here, or just getting more attention. Either way, it's ridiculous.

The L.A.P.D, making the Seattle P.D. look good.
Still better than the NYPD :p

Well, it should be mentioned that the US has almost 4 times the population of Germany... but yes, either police brutality, shootings, and general abuse of power are becoming more rampant here, or just getting more attention. Either way, it's ridiculous.

Adjusting for population that's what, nine months' worth of bullets in a single tiny event? That *4 gets lost.

Well, that's the Nazi party. But I can't see how they are taking over the government when someone from Timochenko's party just got elected interims president.

Is the leader of said party going to have any position in the Governement? I would be surprised if that wasn't the case since they and other similar groups have been the ones in the first line of the 'democratic' protests.

Edit: I find it quite scary that maybe groups like Golden Dawn would have received a media make-up and lots a favourable publicity if for instance they were pro-EU instead of being what they are.

Last edited:
Is the leader of said party going to have any position in the Governement? I would be surprised if that wasn't the case since they and other similar groups have been the ones in the first line of the 'democratic' protests.
I have to agree with you there. This could end like in Hungary, with a coalition between Timochenko's moderately right-wing nationalists and the Nazi party.

I have to agree with you there. This could end like in Hungary, with a coalition between Timochenko's moderately right-wing nationalists and the Nazi party.

I wouldn't say that the situation has already been 'resolved', a civil war scenario is sadly possible.

Do you still receive all of your gas from Russia? Because after practically pissing on his face in Ukraine I would be surprised if Putin stays still.

Now is the time to ween Ukraine of Russian influence, so lots of euros and IMF dollars needed. Putin can bully former satellite states with gas but not western Europe. Unreliable delivery of gas would ween their key market of their product, continentals would switch to electricity just like us.

Now is the time to ween Ukraine of Russian influence, so lots of euros and IMF dollars needed. Putin can bully former satellite states with gas but not western Europe. Unreliable delivery of gas would ween their key market of their product, continentals would switch to electricity just like us.

I'm afraid they could from bad to worse given how the measures of the IMF and Merk...sorry the EU are working in the countries where they are in charge.