Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I'm not sure about this one. My first results put me right smack in the middle of Libertarian, but I've been playing with the poll trying to get Conservative as a result and so far I'm unable. :lol:

This one is not so good.

Answer "agree" to all 10 questions and you get 100% Left Liberal
Answer "disagree" to all 10 questions and you get 100% Big State
Answer "maybe" to all 10 questions and you get Full Centre.
Answer "agree" to the first 5 questions and "disagree" to the second 5, and you get 100% Big State
Answer "disagree" to the first 5 questions and "agree" to the second 5, and you get 100% Right Conservative

I have still seen no way to get even marginally towards the Libertarian corner.

Why not...
5c049e12c4e79944b3eb0f274715e7fe.jpg

60_30.png

I would say too few questions in general to get a good representation - and like with so many, the test is quite us-centric meaning the question are about the us political systems and concrete us-measures. Just from that pov the other test was better as it had more general questions that can apply to every country. Not that I would argue against the results, a left leaning centrist ... that's me.

These seem about accurate for me, despite the second test having far too few questions to get a measured reading.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

chart

70_70.png

Last edited:
100_90.png

- - - Updated - - -

These seem about accurate for me, despite the second test having far too few questions to get a measured reading.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

chart

70_70.png

We really do think alike

I should be doing homework:

zLB6QHd.png

gp1ZMTW.png

This is one of the jobs deals that Trump has recently bragged about bringing into the country.

Foxconn could get up to $200 million in cash a year from state residents for up to 15 years

MADISON - To lure Foxconn Technology Group to Wisconsin, state residents will have to do more than just forgo taxes from the Taiwanese electronics giant. They will have to pay cash ? writing checks for up to $200 million a year.

The subsidies for the deal would amount to nearly 50 times the previous record paid by Wisconsin taxpayers to secure a manufacturing plant in the state. Instead of getting the previous state standard of 7 cents in tax credits for every $1 in qualifying payroll checks to workers, Foxconn would get 17 cents in credits ? a change that will have to be approved in special session legislation Gov. Scott Walker released Friday.

And because Wisconsin already waives almost all taxes on manufacturing profits in the state, these incentives represent not a lost opportunity at collecting revenue but an obligation to pay cash to Foxconn out of the state treasury for up to 15 years. When including a $150 million sales tax break for buying construction material, the incentive package could total up to $3 billion, according to the bill that lawmakers could vote on as soon as Tuesday.

That figure doesn't account for the still undisclosed additional incentives that local governments will have to provide. The bill would increase caps on those local subsidies, ease environmental regulations on Foxconn and provide $252 million in state additional borrowing for rebuilding I-94 south of Milwaukee, a key corridor for the Foxconn plant being slated for Racine or Kenosha counties.

Supporters of the record jobs deal say Wisconsin would win a keystone manufacturer that would bring world-leading technology and attract suppliers that would create their own jobs. Detractors say it amounts to a multibillion-dollar bet on a company that makes screens ? a product subject to constant market-disrupting competition and innovation.

David J. Ward, an economist who has studied foreign investment in Wisconsin, backs the deal and says the state is lucky to have the chance to accept it.

"It is a good problem when you have opportunity," said Ward, who sees Foxconn as too attractive to pass up.

What is Wisconsin going to do in 5-7 years when they can't pay this?

Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I agree. There were several where I couldn't really agree or disagree. Middle ground is where I thought the answer lay.

Yup, same here.

338ab84c98903b435c986258d393c7e8.png

Maybe this is why I generally don't agree with some of this forums and generally the internets (Reddit) idea of political ideals?

Last edited:
Maybe this is why I generally don't agree with some of this forums and generally the internets (Reddit) idea of political ideals?
The goal shouldn't be to agree with someone. The goal should be to do your own research and form your own opinions :)

Which I attempt to do. But, if nobody agreed on anything, nothing would get done.

It does. Partly because of the trailer and partly because whenever someone is butthurt on twitter and blames "the political climate" on it I generally just assume that it is going to be pretty good. Works 3/5 times with my tastesresults may vary.

Edit: Maybe they would like the movie if it was Leslie Jones rather than Bruce Willis.

Last edited:
The original Death Wish was awesome and came out at a time when NYC really was a crime-infested cesspool. They did a lot in the early 90s to clean it up. I'll definitely go see this remake, even though it probably won't be as good as the original.