Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

SirEdward

Car(s)
VW Polo mkVI
The Republican party is dividing in two? Let's face it a minority of nutzo Trump supporters flown in from around the country acting criminally a revolution does not make. However I don't see how leadership can allow these fools to primary any of the sane... I think we're going to see a huge GOP shake up.
Let's hope so. Purging the violent and anti-democratic extremes is a good thing.

Their incompetence in evil annoys me just as much as the evil shit they're doing, I swear to you.
I'm so glad they are incompetent! It would be scary if it were otherwise.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I did a bad thing last night, I watched a bit of Faux news. Hannity and the show after his to be exact and their whole message was that the events yesterday were Antifa, and there was a double standard with how the protests were handled and the Trump supporters got the worst of it.

Insert eyeroll emoji here.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
I did a bad thing last night, I watched a bit of Faux news. Hannity and the show after his to be exact and their whole message was that the events yesterday were Antifa, and there was a double standard with how the protests were handled and the Trump supporters got the worst of it.

I tried talking to my dad about the situation, I really didn't want to because I know his stance on the whole protesting shit. He of course thinks it wasn't the "peaceful protesters" that stormed the capitol.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
My dad has decided that this is now the one thing he should check and therefore is stuck to the teat of the 24h news cycle. CNN in Español, in his case.

"Ooh! Medical drama, life and death stakes, compelling human conflict...RATINGS!"

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima

I can not stand the right currently. They will say anything, do anything, contort anything, just to what? Keep power and money? That isn't why someone is supposed to get into politics. It was supposed to be to help people, move society forward and keep democracy free.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
They will say anything, do anything, contort anything, just to what? Keep power and money?
It's almost like they're fully aware that the policies they're pushing are not actually in any way for the good of society and the people but rather furthering the interests of a rich minority while actively hurting most of the constituents they were actually supposed to work for...

edit: yes, i'm what the German far right would call linksgrünversifft - can you tell? :)

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
It's almost like they're fully aware that the policies they're pushing are not actually in any way for the good of society and the people but rather furthering the interests of a rich minority while actively hurting most of the constituents they were actually supposed to work for...

But we will expose the satanic baby eating repolid cult who runs the illuminati base on the dark side of the moon with the rothschilds and the gays and jews and george soros with mexicans!

This isn't new this is what fascist DO.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
They would call the leader of the conservative CDU that.

Watched DW's report on the evolution of the CDU over the years.... I don't think the CDU really moved anywhere as they seem to think with Angela, more the right has moved farther right that central/right looks left now.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes

Momentum57

Car(s)

Behind those doors were our elected officials. This point, no further. What's bizarre is we found out capital Police don't shoot when their afraid because if that was the case it would have been a massacre.

She began climbing through that window... One shot. Why those police officers didn't have their batons out breaking bones is a question?

The nutzo Trump supporter don't get that their reality distortion field has fallen

GRtak

Forum Addict

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
Well, the Russians and Chinese are either celebrating their new intel sources if they have or biting themselves in the ass if they haven't used this opportunity.

jack_christie

Forum Addict
This is so bad. 😱

Justice Department warns of national security fallout from Capitol Hill insurrection​

Michael Sherwin, the acting U.S. attorney for Washington, D.C., said it will likely take “several days to flesh out exactly what happened, what was stolen, what wasn't,” noting that “items, electronic items were stolen from senators’ offices, documents and materials were stolen, and we have to identify what was done to mitigate that [damage].”
One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building.

Momentum57

Car(s)

Six years to be kicked at. This is why I think you will see Trump people break the Republican party. I don't see Lindsay Graham changing or Mcconnell I do see Trumpers getting mad when they lose primary challenges and running anyways. Just enough of a split to lose some seats to Democrats

Momentum57

Car(s)