Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I don't know it reads like a bunch of weak losers who can't be told anything so when the world said racism is a problem they got butthurt because they are racist.

I don't know it reads like a bunch of weak losers who can't be told anything so when the world said racism is a problem they got butthurt
Do you think they will get nearer to your positions, if you despise them so much, or will they get even farther apart?

Id rather convince normal, non racist, non homophobic, sane people to join in shutting them out of society

Last edited:
Id rather convince normal, non racist, non homophobic, sane people to join in shutting them out of society
Judging by the comments in the images you posted in the last page, you seem to be wanting to shut out of society everyone who does not agree with you.

Besides, what do you want to do to the people you despise so much?

As I said, the more you build distance between you and other people, the more they will despise, resent and reject you.

When you will have managed to generate a war between you and others, will you think you'll have made your world better, or worse? Once the exhilarating feeling of power caused by blindly lashing out will have died out, when retaliation will start, will you get angry because "how dared they to hit back"?

And in the end, do you even think you can win, if you think it hard enough? At what cost? Is it really a good idea?

I do not see many differences between ideologues, they all go down the same path of hate and violence, no matter the presumed "truth" they try to bash into other people..

I can only speak of it from the American perspective

We believe in Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

I believe in the analysis of Martin Luther King that those words were a promissory note to future generations. One that have often come up insufficient funds.

I believe it is incumbent on all Americans to fill the coffers of the American Spirit that all of us regardless of color, creed, or love, have Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

To feel another way is un-American.

Regarding those in the world with an ideology of religious, racial, or homophobic hatred

indiana-jones-nazis-hate.gif

Last edited:
Don’t forget that there is a large industry built on pushing the political discussion further and further away from facts and solutions and into dogma and adversity; both intentionally (“conservative” mass media) and as a by-product of their modus operandi (Facebook).

It’s almost impossible to have a discussion with someone who’s been following Facebook group suggestions down whatever rabbit hole they were sent into. Add unscrupulous “news” channels and pundits that make money by stoking people’s anger and don’t care about the consequences and the situation becomes even more dire.

Controversy gets individuals attention and makes media companies easy money, it’s a sweet poison. Every now and then, I stupidly read comments on Facebook ads for products that I find fairly uncontroversial and I always come away shocked. It’s much worse in politics.

I'm going to side with @Momentum57 a bit here. Many of these people are so far removed from reality that they need to pull themselves back before you could even talk with them.

That's not to say they aren't human and deserve some respect, but they need to learn that lesson themselves. That there are others, they have differing opinions and are human. But many don't think that way, they've been brainwashed into thinking the other side/religion/sexual preference/whatever is the enemy and should die because of that.

Also some are actual Nazis. I have no respect for Nazis.

Last edited:
I'm going to side with @Momentum57Many of these people are so far removed from reality that they need to pull themselves back before you could even talk with them.
The problem is: it's not only Nazis I see being pushed away. I see many people being put in the trash bin not for being Nazi, but for disagreeing with some ideology. It happens because fanatic thinking is rampant not just among far-right extremists.

The only difference is what name they use to insult you: I've been called "nazi" myself, and "communist", and many other names. There really is no difference in the mindset, only in the revered ideology. It's almost like religion, and it's becoming more and more like that.

Unfortunately, the more extreme someone becomes, the more they will call "hopeless" people who are perfectly normal. This will push them towards the other end of the spectrum. It may just be they'll be just a bit better inclined, it doesn't take much.

The higher the number of people even moving in that direction, the stronger everyone there will become, even the extremists. In this case, even the nazi. Because instead of being met with laughters and carelessness, the same normal people that have been called "racist" by Momentum, for example, will stand there minding their own business and letting them go by, but noticing. Another push, and they might even be gladder it's them and not the far-left extremist being around their neighbourhood. Another push and they might be starting to think "hey, some of the things they say are not even that stupid". And so on.

Look at those same messages before: The first step is "Why are sports mixed with politics, exactly?", then it will be "Another stunt? Come on, let this crap out of the field and play", then it will be "oh, come on, it's getting ridiculous!", then it will be "hey, I'm almost glad they lost, given how insufferable they have become", then it will be "I almost hope they lose", then it will be "I'll be glad if they lose and sad if they win", then it will be "F**k you I will not support the US team anymore", and so on...

Wouldn't it be better to -talk- (which also means to -listen-) to the people in the first step, asking why are sports mixing with politics?

Instead, we have people scoffing at them more and more as they plunge more and more towards the rejection of the US team. Because scoffing at them is the only language some people know, because they do not think ahead, if they even think at what they do.

Especially Illinois Nazis!

@SirEdward Some people are not reachable. Some are just obstinate, others are delusional. This is why we have cults.
I think many of the people who are being despised are far away from being part of a cult.

@SirEdward 's point is one that I feel will continue to elude us on a downward path towards extremism. In a planet where everyone has an opinion, and we are aware that algorithms will put the most controversial one in front of us to elicit a response, the correct option is take a step back, meditate, and leave it be. If someone else wishes to argue it, it is fine. It is neither your duty to educate, nor will your (general your) success rate be tremendously high for whatever ridiculous standard you define as "change their minds".

Otherwise, even the tiniest slight towards your perceived world view will reverberate. The image no longer becomes the ignorant masses spouting ignorant things, it becomes a concentrated effort to destroy you, yes, you specifically, they are out to get you. Talk to the ones that still have cognitive abilities, demonstrate some yourself, that you may end up learning why they believe what you don't. Of course, I expect this to absolutely not be the case. After all, all of the "They's" are right, and it's the other "they's" who are wrong. Pushing people into echo chambers and further radicalization.

tl;dr:

1627351463818.png

And don't be the Fox News or CNN of your own political/religious/whatever affiliation.

@gaasc I don't exactly disagree with @SirEdward , but there are those that don't want to be, or can't be reached with logic or a conversation.

@gaasc I don't exactly disagree with @SirEdward , but there are those that don't want to be, or can't be reached with logic or a conversation.

There are some that will argue in circles, yes, so why keep going around? Yes they will consider it a 'win' if you stop talking over a particular matter with them, again from some misguided idea that a conversation is PvP, but it isn't, and it's perfectly fine to fold. Once again, you make your point, do not push anyone that shouldn't towards extremism, and leave an argument that may be taken on merit by everyone else.

I watched, I wept. It insane how Republicans are acting.

18 months probation, and some community service. For helping to organize an attack on the Oregon state capitol. I just...what am I missing?

BREAKING NEWS: New York Attorney General announces investigation shows that Governor Cuomo did sexuality harass several state employees, violating several state and federal laws.

He is done in New York. Maybe he will move down south?