Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

@ Calvin's statement Ummm, yeah, WHAT?

Last edited:
I dont like WBC, but the law turning their back because they don't like someone is not a good thing. Would you want them to turn their back on gays or minorities because they don't like them?

I am with the Police on this one those idiots got what they deserved, well they actually deserved more AFAIK.

You do not treat the people and their families who sacrifice their lives to ensure that you can go around being dicks, like that.

One day they will pick on the wrong family and things will be much worse for them.

Not that this will end the Birther paranoia but the white house asked HI to release the full long form birth certificate for Obama.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/rss_viewer/birth-certificate-long-form.pdf

I am sure they will just come up with some other conspiracy theory to justify their continued ignorance and the donald will be leading the charge.

I submitted a comment about this absurdity. I'm an Army Brat and even at the age of 30 I've already lived in 7 states at 10 different addresses.

These guys are off their fucking gourd, but, as usual, most people will just roll over and take it because they think it will protect them from the "tururists."

Same here. Before I was 12 I lived in four different states at six different addresses.

Now at 31 I am up to five states and I think fourteen different addresses. Hell I don't even remember actually now that I think about it. Just at UPS alone I have had six different supervisors because they like to rotate people around on a yearly basis.

You add up all my other jobs, since I have almost always worked at least two, and I would be surprised if I have had thirty plus supervisors in the sixteen years I have been working.

Last edited:
It really does not matter whether he was actually born in the US IMHO. But it is your law so if he was not the opposition should fess up with the evidence to the FBI and get him impeached and arrested, if no evidence that will stand up in court ... then they should STFU.

They should get on with criticising Policy and the bills proposed.

Last edited:
I dont like WBC, but the law turning their back because they don't like someone is not a good thing. Would you want them to turn their back on gays or minorities because they don't like them?

I look at it slightly differently. The police have a duty to protect citizens and maintain order. While permitting things to happen the way they did (apart from the beating which the guy probably brought on himself for running his mouth off) they managed to achieve that, in part with action, and in part inaction.

The WBC members were prevented from getting to or participating in what they had planned which, knowing their reputation, was likely to have caused an inflammatory situation and possible fights, injuries or worse.

@ Calvin's statement Ummm, yeah, WHAT?
Perhaps the article was referring to that they were domestic flights.

Besides that, its main point still stands.

It really does not matter whether he was actually born in the US IMHO.
It is kind of amusing to me that a nation of immigrants requires, by law, that their president be a natural-born citizen; a non-immigrant.

Last edited:
BBC just announced that Mr Obama has released his full Birth Cert showing he was indeed born in Hawaii - which last time I looked was in the US.

I think that to prevent this non-sense in the future all candidates should prove their eligibility before they stand in the actual election - there would be no doubt then at all.

EDIT/ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13212230

Last edited:
The great thing about conspiracy theories is you don't need proof for them. Any proof given against them is just evidence that someone is trying to cover up the truth.

All I am saying when it comes to the WBC is that having the law enforcement bending laws because of personal feelings is not a good thing. I see other posts about police officers abusing their power and people get outraged. This is the same thing but the target isn't an innocent old lady.

I understand that the police might have avoided a potentially hostile situation. But they did so by turning their back on the laws that they are hired to protect.

Not that this will end the Birther paranoia but the white house asked HI to release the full long form birth certificate for Obama.[...]
Obama really is something else. I would have bet that he would release it at the moment where he could profit the most (after/during republican primaries/actual presidential campain) to make the republicans look like real idiots and (if lucky) turn on themselves. That?s what any politician would have done. It?s admirable one way, but raises the question if he really thinks he can win in 2012 without hitting the opposition where it hurts ...

A small amount of the conservatives think that Obama isn't American born. It isn't a core belief of the party and telling someone who believes that he isn't American born will not change their vote. I don't see how this would change anything at all for the 2012 election.

A small amount of the conservatives think that Obama isn't American born. It isn't a core belief of the party [...]
I?m not saying that (and sorry if that sounded like I was implying that). I?m saying it is (or has been) a issue of intersest of the right-wing voter - hence the media attention to the subject. (possible) Republican candiates are not trying to get support in the party when bringing this up ... they go for right wing voters, for getting their support through opinion-polls.

Birthers can now STFU, this should put an end to their constant stream of made up drivel...

obama-709339935_v2.grid-6x2.jpg

WASHINGTON ? Responding to critics' relentless claims, President Barack Obama on Wednesday produced a detailed Hawaii birth certificate in an extraordinary attempt to bury the issue of where he was born and confirm his legitimacy to hold office. He declared, "We do not have time for this kind of silliness."

It is kind of amusing to me that a nation of immigrants requires, by law, that their president be a natural-born citizen; a non-immigrant.
I seem to remember someone saying it was to prevent a loyalist (read: Someone loyal to the chrown of England) becoming president. Didn't really make any sense at that point either, since there were quite a lot of loyalists that had been born in the United States (or the colonies, if you wish). The idea that some Royal duke should travel to the lost colonies to get elected president seems ludicrous these days.

Haaretz: Fatah and Hamas agree to historic Palestinian reconciliation deal

Haaretz said:
Rival groups will form interim government and then move toward setting a date for a general election, four years after their government collapsed when Hamas overran the Gaza Strip.

Well, slap my arse and call me Suzie. Not since 2006 have we had such an opertunity in Palestinian politics. As we know, Hamas are a bunch of bastards, but quite popular in some parts. Which, by the way, means we can't ignore them. We'd like to, but we can't.

Surely, mr. Netanyahu must be cheerfully greeting these news of Hamas moderating themselves to such a degree - something probably motivated by Syrian trouble, but still a sign they face reality.

Oh, wait, I forgot, who I was talking about..

Haaretz: Netanyahu is an idiot of unmatched proportionsNetanyahu, Palestinian Authority must choose - peace with Israel or Hamas *

Haaretz said:
Premier lambastes Abbas' Fatah movement for agreeing to reconciliation deal with rival movement; Hamas: Israel was an impediment to Palestinian unity.

Right.. Mr. Netanyahu, as usual, has beaten his chest, put common sense in the drawer, and tries to look tough. Bibi, you look like an idiot.

Firstly, it's not up to you to decide who Fatah cooperates with, much in the same way it's not up to us in Norway to decide who the US cooperates with. That way, they get to play ball with Saudi Arabia.

Secondly, Israel turned down opertunity for progress in 2006. Now, how did that work out again? Well? Oh, no, it didn't. It was disasterous.

Thirdly, how do you really think you're going to get to the bottom of the conflict without talking to Hamas at one point? You can't get rid of them, and let's be honest, Hamas is a much bigger treath to Fatah than it will ever be to Israel. There's a reason YOU FINANCED HAMAS IN THE EIGHTIES TO FUCK UP THE BLOODY PLO! They're fucking leathal enemies, for christs sake, you're probably number 1 on the list of enemies for Hamas, but the PLO is, and has always been number 1.1 on the list enemies for Hamas.

Oh, wait.. I'm forgetting. You're the fucking son of a bitch who goes around bragging to settler lunatic extremists that you intentionally FUCKED UP the fucking peace process in the 90s.

I'm so damned tired of this clown, can someone please boot him out? He's probably as corrupt as all other Israeli politicians, it's just a matter of digging up the evidence.

/Rant

* I wrote what I thought to be most accurate, but it looks like I forgot what the heading on Haaretz actually said. Too bad, my heading was more accurate.

Last edited:
Former Miss America Sexually Molested by TSA

Former beauty queen who held the Miss America title in 2003, Susie Castillo, says a TSA ?screener? fondled her vagina during an intrusive pat-down.

Ms. Castillo was subjected to the groping after she refused to enter a naked body scanner at the airport in Dallas, Texas.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOLSHaGsiU[/youtube]

Kudos to her for addressing the logical step from "what about when someone tries to smuggle explosives up their cornhole?" to "will there be mandatory rectal exams to board a plane?"

Last edited:
She should clearly be stripped of her title and be re-crowned Miss Pinko-Commie Terrorist, because no true peace loving American would ever speak out against TSA's Freedom Pats?; that's like speaking out against Mom, Apple Pie and baseball!

Seriously, at what point do we get rid of this organization?