Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Why do I always have to read the news from various areas of the world with dread? Always wondering if all-out war has started and it's escalating rapidly towards global scale again. Why do people in charge have to be so stupid and closed-minded when parts of the world are literally sitting on a powder keg with the fuse lit... again?

I'm genuinely scared about our future. Everyone's future.

Because people.

People are short-sighted, selfish and patriotic. Those traits may have been useful when we were just nomads fending off Smilodons, but when it comes to running a peaceful, sustainable world, we naturally ain't well equipped. Take the nuclear threat for example: as long as there's the slightest probability that somebody somewhere will fuck up and launch a nuclear attack, given an infinite amount of time it will happen.

vikiradTG2007:

Can you control this at all? No - then stop worrying about it.

And to answer the question - the world is full of wankers who know that they can get other people to do the dying for them.

Last edited:
Is anyone else going to watch the Stewart v O'reilly debate tonight. (if you don't know about it http://www.therumble2012.com/index.html) I just ordered it so I'm curious to see who else will be tuning in.

I bought it, but the download was so slow I just torrented it. That's moral, I believe.

Anyhoo. Wanted to watch it last night, but couldn't get it to work because my internet is having its time of the month.

Finished watching it. It's the debate Romney and Obama should have had. And I think both O'Reilly and Stewart would be capable of running for office. O'Reilly and Stewart respectedly governors of New York and New Jersey. Would be hilarious.

When I run for pres, my advisors will all be comedians. ;)

Heck, they know how to communicate.

Here's our Minister of Finance presenting the budget.

2010.jpg

Our version of the battered red suitcase. At least the last two-three years.

"He of course said he was just there to support the party at its anual conference.. but he hides his ambition as plausibly as Eric Pickles could claim to be an olympic hurdler"

My God, I love Paxman. He doesn't believe Boris.. :D

Newsnight is comparing Boris Johnson too Joe Chamberlain.. seriously? You could say a lot about Boris, but he doesn't start wars. :p

I signed Avaaz petition to save the worlds best bank about two and a half hours ago and by then I was signature 6000 or something. Now 400 000 have signed. It's nice to see how quickly Avaaz can round up people!

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_world_best_bank_fba/?tJgUEcb

The bank in question is the nobel prize awarded Grameen Bank that give microcredits to poor women in Bangladesh. More on the Bangladeshi governments takeover attempts: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eliot-daley/microfinance-pioneer-grameen-bank_b_1793025.html

Last edited:
Looks like we're getting somewhere with Al Franken now as a politician...

He's been surpisingly decent. He was one of the few senators who didn't like the NBC/Comcast deal and he came up with some legislation that prevented Govt. contractors from forcing binding arbetration on their employees.

Not my fault you are slow. :p

Typical hypocrite.

Some dick head is trying to start the abortion issue up here - it is sorted, let sleeping dogs lie, and STFU.

I blame America for that, we seem to pick up on all that s**t. Some prat will start telling people that God came to him/her in a vision to stand for election here soon!

Some dick head is trying to start the abortion issue up here - it is sorted, let sleeping dogs lie, and STFU.

I blame America for that, we seem to pick up on all that s**t. Some prat will start telling people that God came to him/her in a vision to stand for election here soon!

The good ole USA has a tendency to spread it's bullshit opinion around the world and force it upon other countries whether or not it is a good policy, or just one they feel like spreading. This is how the War on Drugs has become worldwide.