Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

War on drugs my arse. It's a stupid idea.

Has no one learned about capitalism, a market will always develop for 'goods' desired - legal or not?

Some prat will start telling people that God came to him/her in a vision to stand for election here soon!

There was some guy here a couple of elections back, David Icke.
He said he was god or some shit like that. He didn't get elected or put in the nuthouse, just ignored mainly. :rolleyes:

I think he was against the lizard people from beyond the stars actually - could be wrong though.

Yeah, that was it - the Lizard people & whatnot.

Anyway, that was the last time we heard of David ......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/scott-desjarlais-abortion-pro-life_n_1953136.html

Pro-life Tea Bagger got a patient preggers then pressured her to have an abortion.
I'm fine with abortions. I think they're sad, but they should be legal and safe. But NO ONE should force anyone to have one. It is worthy of a legal penalty in my opinion.

There was some guy here a couple of elections back, David Icke.
He said he was god or some shit like that. He didn't get elected or put in the nuthouse, just ignored mainly. :rolleyes:
We have a party dedicated to christianity, lutheranism mainly, but also more obscure churches. Even had the prime minister as late as 2005, a popular Norwegian cartoonist made light of the fact that we were the only country in the world with a priest as prime minister.. except Iran.

Christianity doesn't play a big role in Norwegian society. We're secular as hell, and very few of us believe in any religion at all. Part of our culture, though. It's part of what made Norway what Norway is today.

Re: Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I'm fine with abortions. I think they're sad, but they should be legal and safe. But NO ONE should force anyone to have one. It is worthy of a legal penalty in my opinion.

We have a party dedicated to christianity, lutheranism mainly, but also more obscure churches. Even had the prime minister as late as 2005, a popular Norwegian cartoonist made light of the fact that we were the only country in the world with a priest as prime minister.. except Iran.

Christianity doesn't play a big role in Norwegian society. We're secular as hell, and very few of us believe in any religion at all. Part of our culture, though. It's part of what made Norway what Norway is today.

That last sentance sounds like it could come from a "Norway Tourism" brochure. :p

Italy sentences people who did not predict earthquate to six years in prison.
http://www.nature.com/news/shock-and-law-1.11643

Next week, Italy sentences people who did not predict Milan's 3-2 loss against Lazio this Saturday to three years in prison.

Italy sentences people who did not predict earthquate to six years in prison.
http://www.nature.com/news/shock-and-law-1.11643

Next week, Italy sentences people who did not predict Milan's 3-2 loss against Lazio this Saturday to three years in prison.

As I explained on another forum.... the researchers/"experts" did not get tried for failing to predict an earthquake. They got tried for playing down the risks of a substantial seismic event saying that the likelihood of an event to cause widespread destruction to the region was "improbable".

It's even clearly stated in your article:

Despite the way the verdict has been portrayed in the media as an attack on science, it is important to note that the seven were not on trial for failing to predict the earthquake.

Granted accusing those individuals of manslaughter is absolutely ridiculous, it all boils down to the fact that the Italian Gov't is looking for someone to lay the blame. However, they do have some validity with their frustrations, due to the fact that the "experts" simply provided poor advice.

This whole fiasco, however, should cause the gov'ts of 1st world countries to take this as a lesson, asking "experts" to give advice as consultants on something that is well known to be unpredictable is pointless. The fuzzy feeling that they may or may not provide is a crock.

The local gov't of L'Aquila should have spent the money asking advice from civil engineers on how the region could update their buildings codes and attempt to retrofit old buildings (I understand that the latter is impossible when it comes to brick and mortar construction, but still).

Last edited:
At this rate, the 2016 official GOP party platform will be, "rape is AWESOME!"

Don't give them any ideas...

At this rate, the 2016 official GOP party platform will be, "rape is AWESOME!"
Either that or "Any woman convicted of abortion will face the mandatory minimum of death by vaginal sword-probe". I'm sorry that sounds disgusting.

Don't give them any ideas...
Oh. Please do. Please. It's very much on the wrong side of anything but 5 percent of Americans (even the current GOP platform with a more or less total ban only has support from TWENTY PERCENT, and it's never been above 23 percent since polling began on the subject after Roe v. Wade (Gallup)), the GOP should really be losing every single election in America after the platform they voted in at the convention.

Work pillage into that and they've got something there...
The Viking party? I'm copyrighting that..

Vote Viking, Vote Nomix proud Viking since 1988 or whatever.
Bustin' chops since the late 80s indeed.

The Viking Party: we rape, we pillage, we plunder, but we are better than Republicans
I suppose it's all well and good with fun and games, however, the republican party does not rape. They only insert a probe into the vagina of a woman who is (probably) in a very emotional and exposed state of mind. They do, however, pillage and plunder.

They probably drive Acuras too.

They are the Viking car with that stupid grill.
What about Rovers, then?