Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Interesting that apparently only whites (just white Americans? European immigrants? Australians?) "shamed" her cuisine... not blacks or 2nd+ generation Asian Americans or Hispanics. She needs to grow thicker fucking skin. I can't even begin to count the number of times my friends have made fun of the soups, caviar, open-face sandwiches, raw fish, etc that I eat because it's perfectly normal back in Russia, yet I have never gotten my panties in a bunch over it. Hell, my coworkers still poke fun of me over my lunch meals and my girlfriend is disgusted by anything served at family gatherings :lol: But apparently whitey is evil :rolleyes:

Interesting that apparently only whites (just white Americans? European immigrants? Australians?) "shamed" her cuisine... not blacks or 2nd+ generation Asian Americans or Hispanics. She needs to grow thicker fucking skin. I can't even begin to count the number of times my friends have made fun of the soups, caviar, open-face sandwiches, raw fish, etc that I eat because it's perfectly normal back in Russia, yet I have never gotten my panties in a bunch over it. Hell, my coworkers still poke fun of me over my lunch meals and my girlfriend is disgusted by anything served at family gatherings :lol: But apparently whitey is evil :rolleyes:

+1 on Russian food and murricans, buckwheat and hot dogs always raises eyebrows

She needs to grow thicker fucking skin.
Of course she does, it builds character.

I can't even begin to count the number of times my friends have made fun of the soups, caviar, open-face sandwiches, raw fish, etc that I eat because it's perfectly normal back in Russia, yet I have never gotten my panties in a bunch over it. Hell, my coworkers still poke fun of me over my lunch meals and my girlfriend is disgusted by anything served at family gatherings :lol: But apparently whitey is evil :rolleyes:

Look man, I don?t want none of your Communist, Lada driving, Mikhail Gorbachev birthmark-headed, Hammer and Sickling, borscht-eating, furry hat-wearing, mail-order bride-shipping, Rocky IV-punching, Nikolai Volkoff-wrastlin? "delicacies" on my motherfucking table!!!

?Until, I can figure out how to take yo shit, spin that shit, and make money off that shit without ever mentioning Russia. I call that shit Rustic Fusion, bitches!

Last edited:
Look man, I don?t want none of your Communist, Lada driving, Mikhail Gorbachev birthmark-headed, Hammer and Sickling, borscht-eating, furry hat-wearing, mail-order bride-shipping, Rocky IV-punching, Nikolai Volkoff-wrastlin? "delicacies" on my motherfucking table!!!
OMFG I AM SO OFFENDED!!! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE A TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! :censored:

nikolai-volkoff04.jpg

I think most of us will agree that "white" has little to do with this. It?s about mainstream culture and people not liking/dissing what they don?t know. Reeks of a decision to attract attention to the article which it wouldn't get if it was named "my childhood friends called my food chinese grossness - how did it become americas hottest food trend?" - like the URL suggests. Bringing race into this to attract more attention, nice scumbag move.
And I can totally relate as a german in france to the article. I wasn't quite prepared for a lot that the french eat, or how.
The French on the other hand raise their eyebrows and declare me crazy when I tell them that sauerkraut isn?t actually that sour and that I would like some sparkling water in my fruit-juice. But if you challenge yourself and try new stuff - chances are what first seems gross is actually tasty. I like a lot of stuff these days that I didn?t like before moving to france.
It?s the very same principle and the german and french are pretty much the same sort of "white" ;)

But apart from that I generally disagree with the author.
?Ying Ming?s eating worms! Dude, that smells nasty!?
would still be the very same reaction now as it was 20 years ago.
It?s not society has changed because something is "trendy" now among adults. Food trends for grown ups come and go because we?re generally open to trying something we don?t know about from our bringing up. With children it is the opposite. They are much less willing trying something they don?t know when it comes to food. That hasn't changed and if the author were a child today, her friends would still be "grossed out" by the smell of her parents house or the fish-tank.

Last edited:
Recently there was a high profile rape case against Jian Ghomeshi (former CBC radio personality) in Canada, which somehow got to trial with no hard evidence, and ended in Ghomeshi's aquittal after even the hearsay was skewered in court:
Jian Ghomeshi acquitted on all charges in sexual assault trial - Toronto - CBC News (story from immediately after the verdict)

He was accused long after the fact, by complainants who had all colluded before the trial to get their stories straight. But that wasn't good enough, because what they didn't know was that Ghomeshi had saved their emails for a decade, and those easily contradicted their testimony:

Despite this, the accusers have been interviewed in mainstream media, and allowed to repeat the same allegations (as seen in the video above). Spot on assessment: "The only interview they should be granted is to answer how it feels to be caught lying in court."

They even have the balls to complain that they weren't informed beforehand that the damning emails still existed, so they could adjust their lies accordingly. Think about how fucked Ghomeshi would have been if he had had only his word to defend himself.

After the verdict, there was a march on Toronto police HQ, under the banner "We Believe Survivors," calling for special exceptions to due process in sexual assault cases.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jian-ghomeshi-judge-ruling-1.3504250 (current version of above link)

The disturbing amount of media and political support for this campaign prompted the defense lawyer to give an interview to defend the importance of evidence and presumption of innocence, and to warn against mob justice:

Of course she does, it builds character.

?Until, I can figure out how to take yo shit, spin that shit, and make money off that shit without ever mentioning Russia. I call that shit Rustic Fusion, bitches!

OMFG I AM SO OFFENDED!!! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE A TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! :censored:

I think most of us will agree that "white" has little to do with this. It?s about mainstream culture and people not liking/dissing what they don?t know. Reeks of a decision to attract attention to the article which it wouldn't get if it was named "my childhood friends called my food chinese grossness - how did it become americas hottest food trend?" - like the URL suggests. Bringing race into this to attract more attention, nice scumbag move.
And I can totally relate as a german in france to the article. I wasn't quite prepared for a lot that the french eat, or how.
The French on the other hand raise their eyebrows and declare me crazy when I tell them that sauerkraut isn?t actually that sour and that I would like some sparkling water in my fruit-juice. But if you challenge yourself and try new stuff - chances are what first seems gross is actually tasty. I like a lot of stuff these days that I didn?t like before moving to france.
It?s the very same principle and the german and french are pretty much the same sort of "white" ;)

But apart from that I generally disagree with the author. would still be the very same reaction now as it was 20 years ago.
It?s not society has changed because something is "trendy" now among adults. Food trends for grown ups come and go because we?re generally open to trying something we don?t know about from our bringing up. With children it is the opposite. They are much less willing trying something they don?t know when it comes to food. That hasn't changed and if the author were a child today, her friends would still be "grossed out" by the smell of her parents house or the fish-tank.

About the "food culture" and how it's supposedly spoiled by Western culture: Has anybody ever considered that what some people call "food culture" is actually uneatable for someone who hasn't grown up with it? For instance, you wouldn't want a truly authentic Gyros or D?ner, trust me.

Also, really authentic Chinese cuisine is something really hard to stomach for Western eyes, ears and taste buds. My cousin married a Chinese woman from Taiwan and after what he told us about what is served there in family circle, you definitely wouldn't want to try authentic Chinese food...

Many of the food we enjoy today, started as food for poor people and then got adapted and lifted to a level where everyone can enjoy it. I think that's good. In the end, the only thing that really matters, is that it tastes good. Everything else is unimportant. So I can even forgive the hopeless mess they often serve as "German food" in America :p

About the "food culture" and how it's supposedly spoiled by Western culture: Has anybody ever considered that what some people call "food culture" is actually uneatable for someone who hasn't grown up with it? For instance, you wouldn't want a truly authentic Gyros or D?ner, trust me.

Also, really authentic Chinese cuisine is something really hard to stomach for Western eyes, ears and taste buds. My cousin married a Chinese woman from Taiwan and after what he told us about what is served there in family circle, you definitely wouldn't want to try authentic Chinese food...

Many of the food we enjoy today, started as food for poor people and then got adapted and lifted to a level where everyone can enjoy it. I think that's good. In the end, the only thing that really matters, is that it tastes good. Everything else is unimportant. So I can even forgive the hopeless mess they often serve as "German food" in America :p
I've head real Doner and Gyros they are awesome. On the other hand authentic Chinese is indeed nasty.

I've head real Doner and Gyros they are awesome. On the other hand authentic Chinese is indeed nasty.

So you were in the Greek backwoods and in the highlands of Turkish Anatolia to taste their food? :p

So you were in the Greek backwoods and in the highlands of Turkish Anatolia to taste their food? :p

Not backwoods but when I was in Greece I did find an authentic place there, very out of the way and non touristy. As for doner, it's not only Turkish, there are many cultures that have it including some of the *stans that used to be part of USSR so yes I have had authentic doner before.

I've been to a few Laotian and Cambodian wedding receptions. I didn't have a goddamn clue what I was eating, and was a little apprehensive about it, but by god it was tasty. :lol:

Most aren't that adventurous.

Obama is over telling us we should stay in the EU - bit of a cheek really (NB Not a cheeky Nandos). Would the US share sovereignty with Canada and Mexico and have all the levers of power in Mexico City? Well I should coco.

Obama is over telling us we should stay in the EU - bit of a cheek really (NB Not a cheeky Nandos). Would the US share sovereignty with Canada and Mexico and have all the levers of power in Mexico City? Well I should coco.

No we just get financially screwed by NAFTA.