Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Yes, the Satanic Church has been great fun to watch over the last few years.

*grabs popcorn*

This'll end well.

In the US even though there is a 200+ year policy of Church and State separation Christian groups keep trying to butt in where they should not be. Free thinker, Atheist and humanist groups have been fighting this with limited success, but the Satanic Temple has been gloriously stepping into this fray. They've been fighting religious invocations at town hall meetings and insidious Fundy Evangelical "Good News Clubs" in public schools. They basically offer these towns and schools a poison pill of their own making, either drop the religion in the public sphere or include them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...f485e6-5427-11e6-88eb-7dda4e2f2aec_story.html

rofl

Eric Trump: Ivanka would not allow herself to be sexually harassed

Eric Trump said Tuesday his sister Ivanka is "strong" and "powerful" and would never allow herself to be sexually harassed by her boss.
"Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be [subjected] to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources, and I think she would as a strong person, at the same time, I don't think she would allow herself to be subjected to that,
" he told CBS's Charlie Rose on "CBS This Morning" while discussing former Fox News head Roger Ailes alleged sexual harassment of women employees.

Eric Trump says father apologized to Khans (but he hasn't)
Fox News host Megyn Kelly, who it's been reported was harassed years ago by Ailes, tweeted one word about Eric Trump's comments: "Sigh."
Donald Trump stirred controversy this week when he said that Ivanka would "find another career or find another company" if she were subjected to sexual harassment.
Eric Trump also said that the Trump Organization treats sexual harassment in the work place as "an absolute no-go."
"We all run a company, my father runs a company, we take this - that is an absolute no-go anywhere, and that's very much the case," he said.
Eric Trump recently told CNN that his sister "does the princess thing very well."

Right, as if other women simply choose to allow sexual harassment against them...

Advice to all women who didn't know: in a sexual harassment situation simply tell your attacker that you are a strong woman and that you will not allow them to do it. That should stop them.

Last edited:
People handle harassment in different ways. Some let it go on because they're intimidated, some protest quietly and it's ineffective, some fight back verbally and some physically, some go to the authorities, etc. There's really nothing outrageous about Eric's comment :dunno:

People handle harassment in different ways. Some let it go on because they're intimidated, some protest quietly and it's ineffective, some fight back verbally and some physically, some go to the authorities, etc. There's really nothing outrageous about Eric's comment :dunno:

Except that it focuses on the victim. It suggests that sexual harassment "just happens" and it's entirely up to a woman's character to determine what happens. The focus should be on how to prevent and stop people from committing sexual harassment in the first place, not on judging whether a woman was strong or powerful in her response/reaction to it.

Also, his suggestion to find another career or company? Sure, I will ditch the career I've spent years building, and start from scratch somewhere else, because it's that easy, and because I was a fool to allow myself to be sexually harassed. The burden is entirely on me to change my job, and the asshole who attacked me gets away scot-free.

Edit: You are also glossing over the fact that he is suggesting Ivanka would not allow herself to be harassed because she is powerful. He is not talking about her response to harassment, because he is suggesting that she would prevent it from happening because she is "strong."

Last edited:
Edit: You are also glossing over the fact that he is suggesting Ivanka would not allow herself to be harassed because she is powerful. He is not talking about her response to harassment, because he is suggesting that she would prevent it from happening because she is "strong."

But if she has responded strongly to harassment in the past it may make her a less likely target. It won't prevent it from happening, but I'd have to imagine a potential harasser would more likely target someone who would stay quiet about it instead of someone who is going to fight back.

Except that it focuses on the victim. It suggests that sexual harassment "just happens" and it's entirely up to a woman's character to determine what happens.
I think you're reading into it too much. Is it a woman's fault that she gets sexually harassed? Of course not. But can women take action that might help them? Yes!

For all I know she lifts and takes kickboxing and would, in fact, be able to fight someone off physically. People aren't all identical and don't all respond the same way to situations. One woman might be quiet, timid, and afraid to say anything, while another might loudly yell "get the F away from me" for everyone to hear.

It's harder for a normal person to not submit to harassment than it is for Ivanka Trump. She has money, fame, name, connections, family, the lot. In a word: Power. That's not what most people have.

Mentioned here:

Yes, she should totally report that to her boss... :p

Then why don't we apply same standard to you? You made plenty claims you never bothered to back up.
:lol: Well that's news to me, I know I post pretty sporadically, don't have a lot of choice about that. But hey, if I hurt your feelings and you want me to back something I said up, let me know.

prizrak said:
My point wasn't about specific individuals but more the liberal "platform" in general.
Gotcha. There's nothing you can actually point to definitively. You just want to make broad generalizations and pretend they apply to half the political spectrum or more.

I get it, I do. Sometimes I get pissed off and like to think all right-wingers are basically Pat Buchanan, Dick Cheney and Ted Nugent combined in some sort of unholy trinity of fucking stupid ass policy ideas. Normally I just reserve that perspective for Levels silly ass though.

prizrak said:
On political side, Bill DiBlasio ... Hillary Clinton ...
Neither of them remotely meet your claim.

That's quality fuckery by the good old devil worshippers. Look at that. We agree on something. Thanks, Satan.

Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

:lol: Well that's news to me, I know I post pretty sporadically, don't have a lot of choice about that. But hey, if I hurt your feelings and you want me to back something I said up, let me know.

Gotcha. There's nothing you can actually point to definitively. You just want to make broad generalizations and pretend they apply to half the political spectrum or more.

I get it, I do. Sometimes I get pissed off and like to think all right-wingers are basically Pat Buchanan, Dick Cheney and Ted Nugent combined in some sort of unholy trinity of fucking stupid ass policy ideas. Normally I just reserve that perspective for Levels silly ass though.

That's quality fuckery by the good old devil worshippers. Look at that. We agree on something. Thanks, Satan.

LOL @ the whole thing.
Neither of them remotely meet your claim.
I might give you DiBlasio but Hilary talked about systematic racism in the PD and also wants to take weapons of war off the streets.

Even DiBlasio, who has gone on record to chastise NYPD didn't do anything to the current NYC gun laws, which are designed to pretty much price out those who are likely to need protection. It costs $500 just to apply for a permit to keep a gun at home and you have to go to 1 Police Plaza in person to do it, in the middle of the day.

Last edited:
Now this is the kind of politics I like: The Missouri State Public Defender's Office has run out of money to hire attourneys to act as assigned counsel for the defence because the state's executive has repeatedly cut the budget, so the Director of said office has no choice but to use his power to assign private lawyers to take over cases (without pay, I presume). But as he feels it's unfair to do this to some random lawyer, he takes his shot at the Governor of Missouri, who is an attourney by trade.

Disclaimer: I didn't find any news on this, but found the link to the PDF on some German blog. Given the domain, I deem it to be authentic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ns-burqinis-beachwear-must-respect-secularism

Mayor of Cannes bans burqinis on resort's beaches
David Lisnard rules that bathing apparel must respect ?good customs and secularism?
[...]
Mayor David Lisnard signed off on the ruling that ?access to beaches and for swimming is banned to anyone who does not have [bathing apparel] which respects good customs and secularism,? which is a founding principle of the French republic.

?Beachwear which ostentatiously displays religious affiliation, when France and places of worship are currently the target of terrorist attacks, is liable to create risks of disrupting public order (crowds, scuffles etc) which it is necessary to prevent,? it says.

Thierry Migoule, head of municipal services for the town said: ?We are not talking about banning the wearing of religious symbols on the beach ... but ostentatious clothing which refers to an allegiance to terrorist movements which are at war with us,.? [...]

This is the sort of shit we have to put up with here now. One of the few countries in the world where on a normal beach women aren't obliged to wear a top and nudism and nudist beaches are a BIG thing - is now telling people they can?t wear too much clothes to a normal beach, trying the stupid split that is banning "beachwear displaying religious affiliation" but allowing "religious symbols". I wonder how my pastafarian colander-headgear fits in there ... it?s quite "ostentatiously displaying religious affiliation" ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism_in_France NSFW!

And they think this is fighting terrorism and furthering secularism. Seriously, those muslim women that will actually visit a French beach in a burqini and look at all those naked titties of the other french women - are already displaying that they?ve understood secularism and tolerance a lot better than those politicians. The Burqini being like declaring allegiance to Isis? Yeah, Isis who are famous for their beach resorts ...

And of course the politicians will know that this will not hold up in court. It is not only stupid, it is discriminatory. It furthers tensions, alienates moderate muslims ... and generally simply isn't helping.