Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

So Trumpistan is finally a full-on banana republic. Fingers crossed that not too much of the USA will be part of it come November.

So Trumpistan is finally a full-on banana republic. Fingers crossed that not too much of the USA will be part of it come November.

While I want to be surprised, I don’t see it changing.

^ I watch mostly Fox News (morning exercise with morning joe, day trading with fox news, pbs newshour before winding down)

I feel that the coverage on Fox News is so over the top transparently bullshit that I wonder who falls for it. It goes to that movie Bombshell What is a Fox News Story - “Ask yourself, 'What would scare my grandmother or piss off my grandfather?,' Right now they had a video of a break in where a burglar stands above a sleeping teenage girl. Doesnt do anything but HES STILL AT LARGE. Now they hyped that video and covered how the Judge in the Michael Flinn case is "bullying" the President into a pardon (more commercials) Then covered more protest over Michigan's oppressive lockdown state. Then hype of that burglar standing above the sleeping TEENAGE GIRL (more commercials).

Oh and it was a 14 year old boy who walked in through an open door who did no harm to her and was arrested so after 6 or so FOX NEWS ALERTS its all ok.

NEXT FOX NEWS ALERT We have the NAMES of Obama Era Officials who read memos the literate scum...

Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi we get crazy about something that isnt at all anything for the next hour. Our outrage is important and we call out the crybaby snowflakes for being outraged after this (more commercials)

A three star general who is too dumb to tell the truth was working for Turkey without filling out appropriate disclosures then talks to Russians lies to the FBI about it then pled guilty. Am I missing something? But but Biden read about it... 84K dead

Last edited:
...So you watch Fox News and are a screaming wreck?

Maybe there *is* more of a correlation than I give it credit for. :p

the 24H news cycle on any network is a mistake.

^ I don't think of Fox News as 24 hour news as much as political propaganda with an hour shows that repeats.

It's a business to be sure and more informed by entertainment industry as anything else. What i've been doing pretty good at is investing against whatever the president is saying; if he says oil is going to be stable it goes sideways, if the president says we are ready to open yep retail bankruptcies announced.

What's interesting is the difference between MSNBC and Fox News. MSNBC does cover news that's negative to Democrats though with a lens of "how will this affect the election". FoxNews will go whole news cycles without discussing events that could be viewed as anti-trump.

PBS NewsHour is NEWS but it's not entertainment that could be broadcast. I mean they don't even have an ALERT tease or commercials.

oh and I love FoxNews commercials all predatory lending, gold, pillows, pills, so many scams

Last edited:
Operation American Resolve is comprised of a series of flyovers in major cities to demonstrate the United States Air Force’s continued readiness during COVID-19, while saluting American heroes on the forefront of the fight. The flyover is intended to lift morale during a time of severe health and economic impacts that have resulted from COVID-19.

I didn't doubt military readiness until they had to say yeah were going to have a little demonstration.

One way to lift morale would be pass the relief act instead of burning money with air shows.

Oy, again with the failed state moniker. No matter how much you shout it to the heavens the idea that the US is a failed state is laughable at best.

The article makes some points though. And you do have the wrong leader for the situation. However that headline is both disingenuous and rather insulting for actual failed states. Between the media and the equalization of opinions, small wonder that people are seeing the end everywhere they look. The former you can do something about, on the latter case the genie is out of the bag.

I think the expectation of what America should be is coming up short. I think having gone to South Korea, hell even Canada, highlights some of the failings of our country. You then have a President who is firing IGs in nearly every department because he hates oversight. When we say failed state it's compatible to owning a yacht but being bankrupt.

I learned economics from a man who later became the Prime Minister of Somalia Abdiweli Gaas. Stability was his major focus and we in the US are swinging wildly. My major fear is if Trump was re-elected what the counter to that would be after another 4 years. We need to calm down and make forward movement to regain stability because right now we are looking like a first world failed state.

The headline is a bit over the top, How the USA is a failing state would be more appropriate, but even that is a bit over the top.

The message I want to make clear from that article is that the Republican party has done an exceedingly good job at undermining all of the government department and agencies to ensure they are not capable of doing a decent job. They get their message of government not working fulfilled by making sure it can't function the way it is intended to. A truly circular logic that is going to take us all down the drain with it.

The video clearly shows the reporter and crew were being respectful, clearly identified themselves as reporters, and asked where the police wanted them to go.

To put this into context, there was a police officer that killed a black man in Minneapolis on Monday, there are protests all over the country that have turned into riots in several cities.

And police are making things worse for everyone. Just hope this guy gets arrested for his actions.

The murder of George Floyd was the spark, not the reason for the riots. Millions have lost their jobs, homes, and sanity from the lock down. Now people are venting that anger. That many cops have been acting like authoritarian dicks during the lock down hasn't helped their cause. Even people on the Right don't support them now.

The good news is that with COVID out of the news cycle it's effectively been cured!

The last week in the USA was terrible. Once again, a black man was killed by police, while he also appeared to cooperate. Protests broke out and quickly turned violent in Minneapolis, Minnesota. They quickly spread across the country, and now the world. The media seemed to get targeted at some point in this, with several assaults and even arrest of the media by police. Several were even shot with rubber bullets. This happened (see above) last night.

It always starts with the killing of a minority by police. It almost always turns out that cop had a history of violence and complaints against them. The Blue Wall of Silence needs to end. A few bad cops cause all of this, enabled by the silence of many. The cops need to clean their own house, and soon.

This is not the country I want to live in! This country is capable of being better than this. Now, can we live up to the marketing?

At this stage the only way to stop the riots is to stop the cause, unemployment. Governors need to activate the national guard temporarily to bring order so businesses can open safely. Once people have jobs the riots will subside.

And fuck the suburban kids who went to poor neighborhoods and "resisted" by burning down low income housing and businesses.

South Dakota, Japan, and Sweden have shown the models and lockdown tactic employed by many states to counter the virus was flawed. This is hindsight of course.