Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe resignation was not about his health rather it seems people stopped seeing him as a wizard.

I was confused why they were protesting at the gas station until the narration started. I'm confused why the guy in the truck felt he had to go to that particular gas station, unless he was just looking for a reason to drive his truck through the protesters.

They were looking for a way to be angry. He showed them a gigantic middle finger. On purpose.
He was lucky they weren't out to beat him; they are lucky he wasn't out to beat them.

I don't know what he and the masked woman with the hat were saying to each other, but every solution has to pass through that step: talking to each other. If you only scream, the answer will be more provocations, like this guy did, until someone goes violent.

I have a hard time being sympathetic to the guy in the truck. People are out in the streets nation wide simply to have their lives valued more than property and to be treated equally under the law - something we have promised since 1862, only to take it away or subvert it with segregation, redlining, incarceration as an analog to slavery, or other, less obvious forms of discrimination. In response, this guy is willing to drive his truck through people just so he can fill up at this service station - this just seems to prove their point. Black and Brown people aren't seen as people, simply an inconvenience. The message is "Shut up and be useful - and don't think about what I will do when you stop being quiet or useful."

Edit: According to at least one news source, at least one truck drove "full speed" at the protesters, forcing them to dive out of the way (no word on if the police ticketed/charged the driver, but I doubt it since they let anyone harass and murder protesters). I'm not sure if this was the same truck or if that happened earlier in the protest before it ended around the gas station.

Last edited:
What were they protesting about at that particular spot? I didn't get any info from the video.

It's where Lafayette police shot and killed Trayford Pellerin. The police say that he was armed with a knife and that he tried to leave once they arrived, the police say they tried to use tasers, but ended up shooting him.

Funny how you can so easily mix up a gun and a taser.

The problem is: something like what seen in that video won't change anyhing.

Analysis:

1) The guy in the truck was not caring about them at all, or he was openly hostile and trying to pass anyway on purpose. The protesters were willing to interrupt the lives of other people and they threw a series of tantrums as soon as their strategy didn't work as intended. The guy in the truck appear to be completely uncaring or willingly provocative towards the protesters; the more they screamed and got angry, the more he stuck to this behaviour. The only thing that made him stop and interact (somewhat) was the woman with the mask and the beenie. We don't know what this interaction brought or changed (if anything)

2) Could the guy in the truck be convinced that the protesters were good? We do not know, but if that was possible, the woman who TALKED to him could have got this result. No amount of screamings and slogans and physical opposition from the protesters will ever be able to change his mind.

3) Ok, he might be stubborn or unmovable, but what about who watch from the exterior? Here, the reaction depends on whom they identify to. If they identify with the protesters, ok, but if they identify with the truck guy, they will be drawn away from the protesters. But then, to whom will they identify? Quite easily, to those among the two who most resemble themselves. So of course black people may identify with the protesters, and maybe people who already are politically "left" may identify with the protesters.
But all those normal americans who live lives similar to the truck guy will identify with him; those who want to go on with their lives, those who do not want to be ordered around, those who fear losing something, those who think the protesters are too loud or condemn their violence, those who do not like screaming or think that talking is the right way, they will identify with the truck guy. And nothing will take them away, because the truck guy, here, do not become violent, do not scream, do not act crazy, unlike most of the protesters.
I bet that the majority of americans, right now, would identify as the truck guy.

4) If they identify as the truck guy, they will be drawn away from the protesters and from whomever is supporting them in any way. They don't have to hate them, they only have to feel as if they are "too much". The most important group supporting the protests are the democrats, who in turn support Biden. Those who identify with the truck guy will be drawn away from Biden. And into the only other possibility: Trump.
Against this internal movement, reason can do little: this is a deep, unconscious push. When they'll have to vote, they will have to win this repulse in order to vote Biden.

5) As an example of this: you do know what I think about Donald Trump and what I've been thinking about him for the last four years. Well, this deep push away from Biden is what I am feeling right now. I identify with the truck guy for the simple fact of being a citizen trying to get gas and being told, aggressively, what to do instead. During the riots, I identify with those who got their cars and shops and property burnt, I identify with the guys sat in a bar that are forced by an angry mod to raise their hands and say they support BLM.
I identify with all those who do not use violence but are victim of violence.
"Well, also the black people", I can hear you think, and I say: yes, but with the kind of Ahmaud Arbery, not with the kind of Jacob Blake. I identify and support the first receivers of unmotivated injustice.
When I see the Gas station video, I am pushed away from Biden. If I was american, I would have more trouble understanding who to vote. If I was american and I didn't know what Trump is as well as I do, I could vote Trump.

Conclusion

So... what is most important to you? To vent you rage, or to build a better future?
To have the second, you have to understand those who think differently from you and try to talk with them. Sometimes they'll just reject you, but those times they won't, both of you will understand something more and will build up somethign, and maybe that something will help both of you understanding eachother and other people even better.

I was confused why they were protesting at the gas station until the narration started.

Do you have a time stamp for the narration? I watched the video, but missed a narration.

I know *why* the protestors were there (a black suspect (yes, with a knife apparently) was walking away from police and was shot in the back 11 times). Not agreeing with their behavior or their perspective of what happened, but at least understand why they are there.

So... what is most important to you? To vent you rage, or to build a better future?
To have the second, you have to understand those who think differently from you and try to talk with them. Sometimes they'll just reject you, but those times they won't, both of you will understand something more and will build up somethign, and maybe that something will help both of you understanding eachother and other people even better.

I don't know why these protests would push you away from Biden. Biden has not endorsed violence or property damage, and these protests are happening now under Trump's leadership. His rhetoric has inflamed racial tensions, neo-Nazis and White Nationalist Extremists believe that Trump is talking to them and validating their views. Trump's been repeatedly called out for dog whistling to White Nationalists and we've seen numerous racially motivated acts of terror since his presidency started as well as a lack of response from the FBI and other law enforcement agencies. Law enforcement has been repeatedly found to give White Nationalists a pass, including allowing them to set up a sniper's nest over a protest, and letting White Nationalist openly murder protesters in the streets and walk free. Off duty police and agitators have been found to be infiltrating the protests to cause violence and destruction, these people are not the entire protest movement. Police themselves have been caught on camera aiming and even firing munitions at people above the protests filming their actions, the police themselves have been caught on camera vandalizing vehicles when there are no protesters around. These actions and policies (whether official or unofficial) are part of the problem and one of the reasons we have the protests we have today. Trump is pouring gasoline on the fire in front of your eyes and your response is, "Yeah, but I'm not so sure about Biden"?

This is where we get back to the voice of the unheard. People tried to protest peacefully and quietly. Kapernick took a knee during the anthem to protest police murdering Black people in their sleep; Fox made him a leading story as the un-American villain, Trump made him a villain, the entire GOP spoke out against his protest. Nothing changed, police were not held accountable for their crimes, and policies were not revised. The message was unheard, so people did what people do when they are not heard - they got louder.

People didn't end segregation through letters to the editor, they sat in at lunch counters, disrupting business and causing inconvenience to demand to be treated as equals. This is no different. Today we hold up Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. as a hero; but we forget that he was also vilified in his time.

BwIUVZR.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a time stamp for the narration? I watched the video, but missed a narration.

I know *why* the protestors were there (a black suspect (yes, with a knife apparently) was walking away from police and was shot in the back 11 times). Not agreeing with their behavior or their perspective of what happened, but at least understand why they are there.

It starts around 1:40, it's sometimes hard to hear over the other voices.

Fox made him a leading story as the un-American villain, Trump made him a villain, the entire GOP spoke out against his protest. Nothing changed.

You don't need violence in protest. The more you keep it non-violent, even in front of blatant provocations, the more the provocation appears for what it is and pushes people away from those who do it. The more the actions of Trump, the GOP or Fox appear excessive, the more people are pushed away from them. It is the same mechanism.

You don't need to convince the brainwashed, fanatic conservatives, you have to convince normal people, who on many topics already agree with you.

A strong majority will make change happen, not a weak minority threatening violence.

Except that's not happening. Despite Trumps numerous crime, lies, and coddling of actual, literal Nazis - he still has 40% of the vote and police continue to murder people. We have to look beyond the last three and half years and consider the broader multigenerational cultural heritage. To those protesting, this is the only way you can even get a murder-cop arrested. Quiet protest is inoffensive, but it's also ineffective.

You are confusing "peaceful" with "disruptive". The protest at the gas station was peaceful, but it was disruptive because that's the only way to be heard. I'd bet if you look at all the documented acts of violence during these protests you will find more on the side of police and counter-protesters than you will among the protesters themselves - this is certainly the case when you look at relative numbers of people.

You don't need violence in protest. The more you keep it non-violent, even in front of blatant provocations, the more the provocation appears for what it is and pushes people away from those who do it. The more the actions of Trump, the GOP or Fox appear excessive, the more people are pushed away from them. It is the same mechanism.

You don't need to convince the brainwashed, fanatic conservatives, you have to convince normal people, who on many topics already agree with you.

A strong majority will make change happen, not a weak minority threatening violence.

It seems you're misunderstanding violent and "get the message across in a manner that means people pay attention that does not mean starting fires and breaking shit." Seeing the media depict every protest as violent and solving nothing doesn't help of course, but when you have news agencies who flourish on profit and knee jerk emotional responses with personal twists, what do you expect to see? I've had people ask me if Chicago is as bad as they say it is on tv. It isn't, the most is less traffic and people wear masks when out and about. Hardly different from any other day. It sucks so much that we can't trust reporters to even share accurate responses, but that's another issue.

Except that's not happening. Despite Trumps numerous crime, lies, and coddling of actual, literal Nazis - he still has 40% of the vote and police continue to murder people.

Have you ever asked yourself why? I'm serious, I don't know the answer, but it surely is not simple, it surely is not something like "because they are bad!". Things are complex.

To those protesting, this is the only way you can even get a murder-cop arrested. Quiet protest is inoffensive, but it's also ineffective.

I think this is compacting all the officers and making them stick together because they are all cops.
Again, -why- are cops acting the way they are? Particularly the nasty ones: what pushes them? Fear? (do they fear for their life?) Anger? (what generate it?) Spite? (Why?) Racism? (Do they behave differently to their black police partners?). And then, are the officers ALL bad? What do the black officers think of this?

The mindset counts more than anything. Moreover, to change things, you need political support; I say long-term political numbers are better than short-term local results.

You are confusing "peaceful" with "disruptive".

You can't disrupt 2,5 tons of long-bed pick-up truck with a human chain without resorting to violence and aggression.
In any case, unless it is done by following the law and the rules (and even there... it depends), "disruptive" cannot be "peaceful", because it always involve thwarting some rule or force someone else to do something they don't want to do.

I'd bet if you look at all the documented acts of violence during these protests you will find more on the side of police and counter-protesters than you will among the protesters themselves

I am not so sure, for a mere question of numbers (of fanatics involved).

- this is certainly the case when you look at relative numbers of people.

In relative terms, you are absolutely right. The problem is: the extremists on the left are putting a bad image on the whole movement. This is why Trump pushes on the pedal: he knows that the more the protests get violent, the more he gains.

---

A little addition

Trump is pouring gasoline on the fire in front of your eyes and your response is, "Yeah, but I'm not so sure about Biden"?

That's strange, isn't it? Yet this is what happens.

What gets your interest the most: being enraged by how things don't go the way you want, or understanding why this happen?

The long post about the gas station siuational analysis comes exactly because I tried to understand that feeling I have.

One of the main reasons is the one I explained; another is that I haven't heard any proposal on how to solve certain problems, I haven't heard any long-term ideas, or anything that isn't short-term, oftern stupid or shallow, blatantly vengeful, anger-driven, slogans. Why? Where are all the good ideas? Are there (I think yes, but silenced by idiots and fanatics).

So I think that these protests can well get more help to Trump than damage, particularly if they are perceived as exagerated, unreasonable, unhinged.

Then I see Trump and the conservatives putting gasoline on the fire, and so I think my point of view should be rather on point.

It seems you're misunderstanding violent and "get the message across in a manner that means people pay attention that does not mean starting fires and breaking shit."

If the aim is that ("get the message across...), then is it working? I don't think so.

when you have news agencies who flourish on profit and knee jerk emotional responses with personal twists, what do you expect to see?

I don't think this is inconceivable, rather I think it's pretty normal. Angry people become nasty. Still, if you want results, I do not think this will bring any of them.
If you want civil unrest and possibly worse than that, it's ok. Of course, there is the possibility that the change (or the reaffirming of the present) is getting there fast, violent, and inevitable, but I prefer to think that better ways are available.

It sucks so much that we can't trust reporters to even share accurate responses, but that's another issue.

Yes, it does. There cannot be real freedom without choice, and there cannot be choice without serious information.

Have you ever asked yourself why? I'm serious, I don't know the answer, but it surely is not simple, it surely is not something like "because they are bad!". Things are complex.

Absolutely I have. You're right, it's complex, but the main driving factors are poor education and low SES combined with blaming an identified "other" for one's hardships. The thing is that those hardships are systemic and there's a cognitive dissonance at work in which one believes that others' poor outcomes are due to some inherent trait, while their own poor outcomes are the fault of the identified "other" - in this case it's typically immigrants and coastal elites. The ironic thing is that coastal elites tend to be liberal and the social programs they propose would greatly help the disenfranchised poor in both inner cities and in Rural America. All of this is obfuscated by flag waving nationalism and a whole fuck-ton of Jesus; these people are being duped into voting for someone who doesn't care about them - even openly mocks and despises them - because they believe the Cult of Personality that they too can shit into a golden toilet if they work hard enough.

I think this is compacting all the officers and making them stick together because they are all cops.
Again, -why- are cops acting the way they are? Particularly the nasty ones: what pushes them? Fear? (do they fear for their life?) Anger? (what generate it?) Spite? (Why?) Racism? (Do they behave differently to their black police partners?). And then, are the officers ALL bad? What do the black officers think of this?

You are putting the cart before the horse with this one, but let's go with it. Why are cops acting this way? Because of a pervasive culture of power and a lack of accountability brought on by qualified immunity, lack of civilian oversight with any kind of power, and a culture that closely mirrors that of soldiers at war going into occupied hostile territory. This is all fueled by generally low hiring standards and education requirements while providing access to lethal force the first day on the job with no experience. Every other civilized country I know of requires at least 2-4 years of college level education to become a police officer, and most require even more training and certification to carry a firearm. I don't know what black officers think of this, or how they are treated within the various departments - what I do know is that officers who speak up about abuse of power are informally disciplined with shit duties, their calls for backup go unanswered, and they face hostile work environments. In the mean time the police who close ranks to protect abusers are similarly rewarded.

The mindset counts more than anything. Moreover, to change things, you need political support; I say long-term political numbers are better than short-term local results.

I don't disagree, but large movement start small. People said the same thing about sit-ins during the civil rights movement - it's just one lunch counter, what can it change? It's just one march in one town, what do they expect to accomplish?

You can't disrupt 2,5 tons of long-bed pick-up truck with a human chain without resorting to violence and aggression.
The fact that you see the person standing still while someone drives a 2.5 ton truck into them as the person acting with "violence and aggression" says a lot more about you than it does the situation.

In any case, unless it is done by following the law and the rules (and even there... it depends), "disruptive" cannot be "peaceful", because it always involve thwarting some rule or force someone else to do something they don't want to do.

Unjust laws must be broken. Civil disobedience is a long standing part of US culture and it's built into our system of government, it's only through civil disobedience that cases can be brought to court and ruled unconstitutional. You are now conflating "order" and "obedience" with "peaceful" - they are not the same thing. I can peacefully sit in a park after 11 PM - this is breaking the rules but I am not being disruptive.

Remember as you continue to advocate for quiet, orderly, non-rule-breaking protest -- these were all tried first and ignored. Now protests have become loud and disruptive because no one wanted to listen or change when they were quietly off to the side. Even Kapernick taking a knee resulted in months of abuse and the end of his career; he was punished for doing what you now advocate. An individual alone is easily silenced, even one with as much wealth and fame as an NFL star; a group standing as one has a much louder voice, one that is harder to ignore. It wasn't the BLM movement that escalated to this, remember that BLM is just the most recent name for the Civil Rights Movement. Even as a name, BLM is over a decade old.

With individual as well as societies, when someone is unheard the volume gets turned up. As a nation we could have prevented this by showing that BLM was heard, that Black and Brown voices mattered, that we value their lives more than we value convenience or property. We didn't do any of those things. As a nation and an administration, we can put an end to these protests by showing that these people are heard. Until we do, we can expect the protests to continue to get louder.

Like I said before, we've trained the population to know that the only way a cop gets arrested for murder is if at least three cities riot - BLM and the protesters didn't set these unofficial rules, but they have chosen to play by them. We have to stop blaming the disenfranchised when this is the only voice they have left, the privileged have taken away their voice -- this isn't the cause, it's the effect.

@SirEdward @Blind_Io It is human nature. Anytime, any group, whether it is based on race, religion, guild, etc., gets oppressed long enough, they fight back. It may be a futile fight in many cases, but it doesn't matter. They will rise up against the group that is actively working against them. There are more than a few cases throughout history to prove this out too.

Absolutely I have. You're right, it's complex, but the main driving factors are poor education and low SES combined with blaming an identified "other" for one's hardships. The thing is that those hardships are systemic and there's a cognitive dissonance at work in which one believes that others' poor outcomes are due to some inherent trait, while their own poor outcomes are the fault of the identified "other"

This happens to ALL people, black and white alike.
This is also part of why blind-rage protests (which are quite natural) won't work well; because "it's all their fault". It is the same faulty thought when some white guy thinks black people simply do not want to work hard as it is when some black guy thinks all the problems come from oppression (this does not mean the two situations are necessarily equal in other aspects).

- in this case it's typically immigrants and coastal elites. The ironic thing is that coastal elites tend to be liberal and the social programs they propose would greatly help the disenfranchised poor in both inner cities and in Rural America.

Up to a certain extent.

All of this is obfuscated by flag waving nationalism and a whole fuck-ton of Jesus; these people are being duped into voting for someone who doesn't care about them - even openly mocks and despises them - because they believe the Cult of Personality that they too can shit into a golden toilet if they work hard enough.

That is America's great dream and great delusion, everywhere. To think that working hard enough will be able, ALONE, to get you wealth and prosperity.

But then... if you know those people have been living their entire lives believing in Jesus and flag, and if you believe they aren't able to change, why do you think that violent protest will help you, instead of making them stick together to flag and Jesus to stop violence taking away what little they have left?

You have to find friends, not create enemies.

You are putting the cart before the horse with this one, but let's go with it. Why are cops acting this way? Because of a pervasive culture of power and a lack of accountability brought on by qualified immunity, lack of civilian oversight with any kind of power, and a culture that closely mirrors that of soldiers at war going into occupied hostile territory.

Are you sure that these are THE ONLY things? What part does the fear of being hated, beaten, confronted aggressively, killed on duty play on this?
Besides, if those things you say are true, do you think chanting blanketing slogans will help you? Or will it make good officers and/or black officers stick with their partners? Because, in the end, a man's friend is the one who helps and protects him, not the one who angrily screams how scum he is.

This is all fueled by generally low hiring standards and education requirements while providing access to lethal force the first day on the job with no experience. Every other civilized country I know of requires at least 2-4 years of college level education to become a police officer, and most require even more training and certification to carry a firearm.

Probably the US is in a sad state, on this, but I can assure you that becaoming a police officer here does not require that much culture, dedication or what else. It surely is better than the US, but the police and the Carabinieri here are renown to be one of the jobs you take when you are too poor or stupid to have another education (the Carabinieri are the subjects of a very long series of jokes about stupidity) and they are famous for being infiltrated by the far right wing (violent and aggressive). The difference is not the type of guys, the difference is the amount of them.

We have too more than one examples of people killed and tortured by the police while the officers responsible gets punished 10-15 years after the facts, if they are, more than one example of brutality, and the far left is continuously saying the same things the US left says and using the same acronyms that were used in the US (imitation, I guess). The problem has the same roots, thought it's way less severe.

Things have not changed because of violent protests, they have changed, if they have, because of the indignation of the public opinion. It's politics, not coercion.

I don't know what black officers think of this, or how they are treated within the various departments - what I do know is that officers who speak up about abuse of power are informally disciplined with shit duties, their calls for backup go unanswered, and they face hostile work environments. In the mean time the police who close ranks to protect abusers are similarly rewarded.

Nothing new under the sun.

The main problem you face is that the police that abuse their powers and kills people (of all colours, though black gets killed 2,5 times as much than whites) is the same police that protects you a bit from armed gangs, organized crime, drug dealing, violence, robberies, even hit and runs...

This is why you understand that "defund the police" has not really been thought through.

I don't disagree, but large movement start small. People said the same thing about sit-ins during the civil rights movement - it's just one lunch counter, what can it change? It's just one march in one town, what do they expect to accomplish?

If the thought is "is it just this, what do you expect to accomplish?", then I say this is way more similar to "it's just a PEACEFUL protest, what do you think to accomplish?" than it is to "we've burnt this place to the ground so they will listen".

The fact that you see the person standing still while someone drives a 2.5 ton truck into them as the person acting with "violence and aggression" says a lot more about you than it does the situation.

Whether you know it or not, in this moment you are judging me by using a strawman argument: you took what I said, you changed the meaning of it, you restated it and on the base of that you proceeded to judge me in order to cast a bad light on me and take some sort of moral superiority.
I want to point out that this is not a way to justify a raise in indignation, it is to show factually what you have done, to make you aware and to ask you: when you do this, do you think this will help your cause or hinder you?
If anything, this will make people getting even farther from your position as they were before.

On a technical level: the guy in the truck used the mass of the vehicle to push away the protesters; the speed was low on purpose to avoid people getting injured; he could have drove up to the pump with people on the hood without harming anyone. Moreover, those who do not want to get injured by it simply have to get away from the clearly moving truck, with all the time in the world to spare.

In June 2019, a ship from NGO Sea-Watch rescued a number of migrants that were trying to reach Europe from Libya, but no authority would grant her permission to disembark. In particular, the italian Government refused her entrance to the port of Lampedusa for weeks. Eventually, she forced the block and simply docked the ship regardless of opposition; she literally pushed away a patrol boat of the italian police and squeezed it between her ship and the pier, endangering the life of the officers inside it. She was arrested and later released because had broken no laws.

I can see quite a similarity betwen her pushing away the patrol boat and the guy in the truck pushing away the protesters.

Unjust laws must be broken. Civil disobedience is a long standing part of US culture and it's built into our system of government, it's only through civil disobedience that cases can be brought to court and ruled unconstitutional. You are now conflating "order" and "obedience" with "peaceful" - they are not the same thing.

If they include forcing someone else to do what you want, yes they are.

I can peacefully sit in a park after 11 PM - this is breaking the rules but I am not being disruptive.

It is if you block someone else from sitting on a park bench they have the right to sit in, though.

Remember as you continue to advocate for quiet, orderly, non-rule-breaking protest -- these were all tried first and ignored. Now protests have become loud and disruptive because no one wanted to listen or change when they were quietly off to the side.

And so the movement is losing support. I don't think it's a good move.

Even Kapernick taking a knee resulted in months of abuse and the end of his career; he was punished for doing what you now advocate. An individual alone is easily silenced, even one with as much wealth and fame as an NFL star; a group standing as one has a much louder voice, one that is harder to ignore. It wasn't the BLM movement that escalated to this, remember that BLM is just the most recent name for the Civil Rights Movement. Even as a name, BLM is over a decade old.

There are two pieces of this puzzle. The first one is: FIRST you win the elections, THEN you try to move the unmovable, stubborn opposition that refuses to listen. The second is: have you seen the danger of a movement you can't disagree with? They are not that different than what happened to Kapernick. Try not to stand with BLM, or try to stand only with part of it, and see what happens. I am not saying what happens NOW is the same level that happens if you NOW piss off Trump, I am saying that it's the same mental process.

With individual as well as societies, when someone is unheard the volume gets turned up. As a nation we could have prevented this by showing that BLM was heard, that Black and Brown voices mattered, that we value their lives more than we value convenience or property. We didn't do any of those things. As a nation and an administration, we can put an end to these protests by showing that these people are heard. Until we do, we can expect the protests to continue to get louder.

Of course, but what can you expect as a reaction? Again, if you want to express rage, it's quite clear and logic; if you want to achieve something, that won't do it, unless you make bloody and unjust. So what do you (generic) want?

Like I said before, we've trained the population to know that the only way a cop gets arrested for murder is if at least three cities riot - BLM and the protesters didn't set these unofficial rules, but they have chosen to play by them. We have to stop blaming the disenfranchised when this is the only voice they have left, the privileged have taken away their voice -- this isn't the cause, it's the effect.

By doing this, you are taking the disenfranchised and the standard people who think differently than you (wrong or right, I don't care, in this moment) and you put them in together with those who are actually generating a problem.

The only result you'll get is rejection, division and more violence.
If you treat them so, they will OBVIOUSLY stick to the other people you despise, instead of sticking with you. You've let anger dictate you strategical plan, and it won't work.

I know it sounds nice, but you can't solve this by trying to win over your enemies with the power of friendship. The fact is that police have shown for over a century they don't care about certain people and being a police officer tends to attract people who want power over others. There's a reason that domestic violence among police is estimated to be four times the national average. Police are also not held accountable, which is why in all my years working on domestic violence cases, I never once saw a police officer charged.

What you are proposing sounds lovely, but it's a fantasy. It's been tried and it didn't work, so now people are angry -- and White people are joining in. Polls show that BLM has more support among white people than ever before, we can see that in the makeup of the protests. For the first time White and Black disenfranchised are working together.

Hey! look at that feel-good power of freindship.

As for your claim that BLM is failing:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-lives-matter-police-reform-opinion-poll-28-06-2020/
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/upshot/black-lives-matter-attitudes.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/poli...ovement-policies-kaiser-quinnipiac/index.html
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu.../popularity_of_black_lives_matter_jumps_to_62

The only sources I've found that claim BLM is "failing" are Breitbart, Daily Caller and some fringe-right blogs.

Here's what Pew Research has to say: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/08/how-americans-view-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

Last edited:
*Looks at the post above*

So I'm thinking it'll probably be the Germans who run the next world hegemony as the US either becomes more like the EU regarding state independence or it just whimpers to a pathetic halt of shitty infighting. Not out of a willingness to do so but by default. This is better than a Chinese or a Russian one at least. :p