Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

If the Republican party cannot separate itself from Trump, she isn't certain she has a future in it...
She certainly had no such troubles during the impeachment trial.

Google suspending Parler from the Google Play store

Apple App Store next?

On Friday I called my Senators and my Representative. On Monday the articles of impeachment will be presented to the house. It will pass and move to the Senate. All of my members of congress agree to impeachment and removal. It's on the Republicans to gather their courage to do something that is good for the country. You don't even need to show up.

Parler suspended from the App Store

Gab next?

These Black Capitol Police Officers Describe Fighting Off "Racist Ass Terrorists"​

Two Black officers told BuzzFeed News that their chief and other upper management left them totally unprepared and were nowhere to be found on the day.

Last edited:

That's so awful.

Maybe Trump might fly the flags at half mast now.....

I wonder if the irony is lost on them that they always said a storm was coming then it came for them.
ErUlfwIXIAINRNO.jpg

I'd be curious about those numbers in a historical context. a 600 voter swing seems just small enough to still be within normal fluctuation around things like mid-terms, debates, primary season, etc.

I just read this article it's behind a pay wall but I'd say it might be worth a month considering the news environment right now and that the WSJ gives you a glimpse into what serious conservative think.

It recounts Doug Sweet's decent into insanity while trying not to call it that. He attended Trump's rally and stormed the capital.

"I checked with the Lord," he says. "I checked with Him three times. I never heard a 'No.'" he says he prayed aloud "Lord, is this the right thing to do? Is this what I need to do?" He says he felt God's hand on his back, pushing him forward.

The second element is he's estranged from his daughter because of her politics... His friends called her antifa.

"I don't know this person anymore," she says. "It's almost like a lot of these middle-aged white men are afraid, I'm not really quite sure of what, but it's like they're paranoid...It's mass hysteria."

It's something that I saw multiple times during the election. Biden releases a pretty meh policy regarding social security, the next day Trump said he would make it so that business would not have to pay into social security effectively dooming it to collapse. I would look at the FoxNews comments which were all that Biden was a marxist. I would make calls to independent and no party voters and hear genuine interest in more robust policy.

I don't have Facebook but from what I understand it's alot like FoxNews. I believe that Mitt Romney was correct the real disinfectant here is sunlight. How to have truth delivered is the question. How do you untangle a brain?

That includes Mark Levin, which tickles me. In my old office in San Francisco, there was one co-worker who was very pro-Trump in 2016, at one point putting a Trump 2016 magnet on the breakroom refrigerator. In downtown San Francisco. (When the office principal came in and saw it, she pulled it off, and threw it across the office. :ROFLMAO:

Aaaaanyway, she was always saying, "Well, you know...Mark Levin (I just love listening to him on the train)...Mark Levin says Obama actually..."