Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

giphy.gif

Will you get really angry if I told you you still haven't got a grasp of what I'm saying?
I'm talking meters, you are talking kilometers.

The words of Pelosi in praising an unnecessary modification is, to me, a bad symptom, because it clearly shows a bad way to treat language (and not just that, probably).

You clearly love the diversity shenanigans and all of this, so you get angry because I do not share your joy.

But I won't share your joy, and you are getting more and more aggressive, like you would like to force me to agree with you.

Which is a manifestation of the problem of which Pelosi's words were just a symptom.

Thank you for proving my point, but I'd like for this place to stay a place for sharing ideas, not an arm wrestling for the mind.

Well if there ever was a case of a women being accused of fraud because she wasn't thought to be the chairman I'm sure congress act with legislation that requires everyone to edit their rule documents to reflect non gendered terms.

By the way I've made multiple efforts to change the topic.

some off themselves, some go postal. Keep that in mind the next time a McVeigh makes themselves known.

I hope not in regards to people offing themselves. To the threat they are regarding public safety I am very concerned. That we are seeing people who after being confronted with reality, reject it, and act on their beliefs...

Parkland Survivors Want Marjorie Taylor Greene To Resign For Calling The Shooting A "False Flag"​

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/marjorie-taylor-greene-parkland-false-flag

11 false claims Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has tweeted in the last month​

So she set off the metal detector and refuses to be searched presumably because she has a gun. Republicans/Patriot Partiers then say they are trying to disarm her. The rules allow her to carry a gun she just has to pull her gun out and walk through the metal detector. Rather than do that she's getting a $5,000 fine

5pu5xqR.jpg

27 January 1945.

Why the hell weren't they calling them QOP before now?

What Happened at the Capitol Instagram Live | Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez​

"butchering the language" (give me a fucking break)
I may be a little bit of a purist, but I’m not this guy:

;)

Anyway, the video reminded me that I wanted to reply to your comment. I’m pretty sure you misunderstood me: I don’t mind that gender-neutral language is used, I only mind when it takes the form of something that already has a different meaning, as in the “Studierende“ example.

Gender asterisks and “Binnenmajuskel“ may be aesthetically challenging, but that’s nothing new in written German. So I much prefer “StudentInnen“ or “Student*innen“.

At least they are changing things up a bit, but it would be hard to explain why a window would be open during winter in Russia.