Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Many things were fantasies, before they became reality. It might as well happen to this one.

You are suggesting getting rid of property rights. I wish you luck in your political endeavor.

Sure it is. I own something. I make commercially available. If customers do not want it, I no longer produce it. If they do want it, I produce it and receive something in exchange. As I see you are doubling down on your viewpoint, fine, an example of that is licensing rights. I can give you my licensing rights in exchange for money.

Ownership is complete control including abuse and neglect of the the property.

Canceling it altogether is morally wrong,

That is a very very far bridge to cross. For one individual property rights are human rights but more so ownership of property by companies provides for the essential ability to exist. It is the right of the property owner to alter the product or brand marketing as they see fit there is no moral requirement to include original markings see below

Hey, I still can't over Land 'O Lakes butter no longer has the Native American on the box. Using butter now does not feel the same.

Good example of a brand making a choice to get out in front of market perception. To say that they are bound to the original marketing of their butter product is laughable we would still have Niggerhair Tobacco.

Had they simply modified the logo/name in an organic manner, nobody would have complained.

You put too much faith in these complainers. Also lets note they are saying that plastic potatoes have sex organs after all to not have a sex would mean that gender is a social construct humans relate by visible plastic accessories. You called it virtue signaling I call it accepting its plastic potato.

because burying it will give it that Forbidden fruit status that makes the fringe crazies want to see it or because you give those people that you hate proper ammunition that "THE LIBRULS ARE CANCELING EVERYTHING", as you no doubt perceive that they are going.

If you want to look at drawings of slanty eyed yellow demons go nuts. You want illustrations of black children as pigmy Gold Dust Twins adorning your walls go nuts. What im saying is the companies shouldn't be forced to continue to produce those works. I dont hate Conservatives if they were talking about conservative things like fiscal policy which could be debated but forcing businesses to print offensive material because of thats the way its always got to be is messed up and exactly what you are calling for.

2010-01-01000226.jpg

Is this a Mr or Mrs?

^Isn't that whitewashing, though?
The figurine originally looked like something straight out of a minstrel show and became more abstract over the years. Changing the skin colour really didn’t make much of an “artistic” difference at that point, but it did distance the brand from the early racist-as-hell logos/figurines a bit more.

You can search for pictures of the “Sarotti Mohr” if you want.

Still Black People Toothpaste

Attachments

• darkie.jpg
    darkie.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 41
You are suggesting getting rid of property rights. I wish you luck in your political endeavor.
That's you conflating a Strawman, actually.

Ownership is complete control including abuse and neglect of the the property.
We should reflect on what that actually means: you can't nuke your own house, for examples.
Also, people have a right to access information, ideas, work of art. This clashes quite badly with your totalitarian view of property rights.

The world is grayscale, not black/white.

It is the right of the property owner to alter the product or brand marketing as they see fit
Not necessarily. For example, you can't change the words and contents in a book without the author consenting. It's -his- work, not yours, even if you hold the right to make money on it.

Good example of a brand making a choice to get out in front of market perception. To say that they are bound to the original marketing of their butter product is laughable we would still have Niggerhair Tobacco.
They are not bound. They should avoid virtue-signalling, though. That's cheap

You put too much faith in these complainers. Also lets note they are saying that plastic potatoes have sex organs after all to not have a sex would mean that gender is a social construct humans relate by visible plastic accessories. You called it virtue signaling I call it accepting its plastic potato.
Sorry, I can't stop laughing, but it is cultural: In italian, the equivalent of "potato" means potato, but also indicates the female genitalia. In an ad, we had Rocco Siffredi talk about potato chips (in italian the equivalent of "fried potato") and saying: "trust me, I know a lot about potatoes".

If you want to look at drawings of slanty eyed yellow demons go nuts. You want illustrations of black children as pigmy Gold Dust Twins adorning your walls go nuts. What im saying is the companies shouldn't be forced to continue to produce those works.
They are not forced. They shouldn't virtue-signal. Also, there is a problem if they stop selling profitable product because of politics.

I dont hate Conservatives if they were talking about conservative things like fiscal policy which could be debated but forcing businesses to print offensive material
That's another Strawman, though.

They are not forced. They shouldn't virtue-signal. Also, there is a problem if they stop selling profitable product because of politics.

They own the property they can do with it as they wish at the exclusion of all others.

... you can't change the words and contents in a book without the author consenting. It's -his- work, not yours, even if you hold the right to make money on it.

Mulberry-Street-269x300.gif

-ac099d259610c80b.jpg

They can and had altered the work. Ownership is dominion, title, and proprietary right.

Last edited:
The figurine originally looked like something straight out of a minstrel show and became more abstract over the years. Changing the skin colour really didn’t make much of an “artistic” difference at that point, but it did distance the brand from the early racist-as-hell logos/figurines a bit more.

You can search for pictures of the “Sarotti Mohr” if you want.
I needed help from Google Translate, but I had already found it before answering before. Thanks for the hint, though. It's been easier to find more examples.

I understand why they'd want to change, although there were versions of the logo (those more similar to what it is now, with the profile of the guy holding the banner), that were not really offensive. Also, did they do it abruptly? Did someone complain?

My joke was on a somewhat serious point, though. People getting outraged about these things usually noticed when a white (sorry, golden) persian mage is swapped in place of a black persian mage. They usually get vocal on these things. Yet I bet they won't, about this. Rather they would have got vocal if Sarotti hadn't changed.

The thing is, there's no point in trying to please people who love getting offended. They'll just find new ways of complaining.

The whole goddamn Potato head thing is ridiculous, because the " liberal outrage" over the potato's gender was not why there was a branding change.

The product line was called "Mr. Potato Head." Imagine if Toyota was called "Toyota Camry", and they made a car called the Toyota Camry...but also "Toyota Hilux". You'd end up with a Toyota Camry Toyota Hilux". In this hypothetical, it would be like Toyota Camry re-naming their company "Toyota", so there's be no unnecessary confusion if someone said they had a "Toyota Camry".

Hasbro renamed the product line "Potato Head", because that's the family's last name. Their individual products are still named "Mr. Potato Head", "Mrs. Potato Head" and they come with all of the same attachments, that all get stored up the butt, and if you get more than one, the first thing a kid does is start swapping parts anyway.

The people actually offended by the branding change are either ignoring the facts of the actual change that took place (either to be purposefully deceitful or due to willful ignorance), or are falsely blaming "pc culture going too far" for something "liberals" aren't even doing. Is that gas-lighting, or false flag?

Collins took more money from the billionaire behind Breitbart than from all of Maine​

Yesterday, the Maine People’s Alliance called on Sen. Susan Collins to return thousands of dollars she received from Robert Mercer, the billionaire backer of Breitbart, the racist, misogynist and bigoted website proud to position itself as the “platform of the alt-right.”

Well, it looks like the SPD will be the next political party heading the German government. What with the CDU being exposed as profiteering on masks, which I’m impressed if that is the only thing. I was worried earlier this year that the AfD was gaining enough steam to become viable, but it does not look to be the case. I don’t think Angela was a bad leader but clearly efforts were slowing down especially now where I’ve been reading that many people feel like the COVID efforts have been given up.

Am I naive in thinking the SPD will be a welcome change thats needed?

yeah, their overall results have consistently gone down over the last years. I don’t expect the spd to do well all of a sudden. They’ve suffered a lot from the coalition with the cdu and they’re not able to break out of that either, because they somehow lack a political profile entirely. Additionally, their candidate for chancellor is a pompous idiot who really seems to think he will lead the next government, when in fact it’s currently more likely that the spd end up 3rd, behind the greens...

For some reason after electing a very different party leadership last year, they went straight back to Scholz as candidate - very much a representative of the current coalition (and current vice chancellor) and not at all a sign of renewal or change. I for one don’t think that has helped at all. Additionally, the SPD has lost massive amounts of credibility on certain topics, be it via inaction in the current government and letting the cdu get away with certain things or willfully (looking at the MV „environmental protection fund“ that’s funded by Gazprom...). They can talk a lot about climate change etc, but their past actions at least to me, say they’re simply going to delay everything further in the name of „good old jobs“ that are going to get lost in the long run anyway, for example.

About that „welcome change“: side they’re part of the current coalition, I don’t think anyone expects that change from them anyway...

Well, it looks like the SPD will be the next political party heading the German government.
I don't think so. While traditionally CDU/CSU and SPD are the two big parties in Germany and every government since the founding of the country (sounds big, hm? Well, it's been only 72 years :D) has been lead by one or the other, that's changing.

Here is the current result of the "Sunday question" ("who would you vote for if there were elections this week?" ): https://www.infratest-dimap.de/umfragen-analysen/bundesweit/sonntagsfrage/

The SPD is solidly ranked third for quite some time, behind CDU/CSU and the Greens.

Our next government will probably be CDU/CSU and Greens. Not necessarily in that order.

If people really take the abysmal performance of the current government in fighting the pandemic into account, CDU/CSU might lose enough votes to enable a Green-led coalition, either Green/SPD/FDP or Green/SPD/Left (my preference on the latter, but the former is far more likely).

But the SPD overtaking the Greens looks highly unlikely.

CDU/CSU need to lose the government to humble them again. And the country needs a government by someone else for a change. But the SPD is not the one you should look for.

P. S.: I like that German politics are a topic here, even more so that they've been brought up by a foreigner. :)

Last edited:
Green/SPD/FDP
Taking bets on another Lindner "besser nicht regieren, als falsch regieren" PR stunt. As much as I'd like a green/red coalition to happen (for a change, and - as you nicely put it - to humble those black bastards), I don't see how the current FDP clown posse (I am restraining myself here) could possibly be a part of that without suffering a collective aneurism. The entire FDP seems to be "Lindner" and running a market radical position that flies entirely in the face of most (if not all) green and SPD policies (climate change, social issues, etc.). Thus, I'm with you, left would probably fit better - but they have their own unreasonably crazy positions (and are, at least for me, far too backwards together with the SPD and would thus torpedo a lot of necessary change otherwise driven by green policy).

The only thing I'm currently sure of regarding our fall elections: coalition talks are gonna run way long again...

Hold my beer :beer:?

FBI facing allegation that its 2018 background check of Brett Kavanaugh was ‘fake’​

Sheldon Whitehouse Is Following the Money Around Brett Kavanaugh​

What did happen with his debts before he was confirmed to the Supreme Court?

Dark money. Sen Whitehouse presentation at Coney-Barrett's confirmation

Maybe time for Chris Wray to answer some questions....

So the other day a guy had a "real bad day" so he shot and murdered 8 people. Why should I be more worried about migrants being caught at the border
rts27ilb.jpg
vs nutzos with guns. 60518a2ed1b04.image.jpg

You can be worried about more than one thing. They don't charge you per worry.

That's wrong, they do tax my patience. So I ignore bs issues and worry about thing things that can effect me. Them arresting alot of migrants doesn't seem like a crisis as much as the continued threat of nutzos.