Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

View attachment 3561599

Now a look over at Fox News comments about Pride this weekend...

View attachment 3561595View attachment 3561596View attachment 3561597View attachment 3561598

Visiting my family back home this week, there were a bunch of over-heard conversations about how "Everything's gay now", and "Disney and all those kids shows are teaching kids to be gay."

Not "teaching kids that gay people exist". Not "teaching kids that gay people are OK" or "teaching kids it's OK if you're gay"....no...it's "teaching kids to be gay".

Visiting my family back home this week, there were a bunch of over-heard conversations about how "Everything's gay now", and "Disney and all those kids shows are teaching kids to be gay."

Not "teaching kids that gay people exist". Not "teaching kids that gay people are OK" or "teaching kids it's OK if you're gay"....no...it's "teaching kids to be gay".
Can I make jokes? Maybe over at NSFW...

I have a friend who we and alot of people think is gay (he has even alluded to experiments "it's an experience not a lifestyle") He has a lot of red flags of being on the fence alt-right, red pilled, incel, ect. I stay friends with him because everyone should have an off ramp from crazy.

Do I think your relatives are crazy? No, they just can't see a non fear based reality. Look at Fox New it's constantly spinning out that the sky is falling.

Can I make jokes? Maybe over at NSFW...

I have a friend who we and alot of people think is gay (he has even alluded to experiments "it's an experience not a lifestyle") He has a lot of red flags of being on the fence alt-right, red pilled, incel, ect. I stay friends with him because everyone should have an off ramp from crazy.

Do I think your relatives are crazy? No, they just can't see a non fear based reality. Look at Fox New it's constantly spinning out that the sky is falling.

Literally 99% of their media consumption is evenly split between Fox News, and crime/murder shows. A pretty pessimistic environment.

And 1% gay cartoons? Does Pixar's Luca have an instructive rim job segment I missed? ?

I watch alot of Fox News and they can turn an event of less than ten into earth shattering massively impacting event for a day. The thing is the event evaporates because it's usually small potato heads. However what remains is the hurt that they are in an epic battle of good and evil for the children.

It's all talk like newt "call them corrupt, morally bankrupt, crooked...". It's easy to make fun of the Q people with the illuminati pedophile Satanist baby drainers bs. But the truth is that is the bases of alot of the Fox News stuff.

Holy shit.

[too soon]Are they sure, though, that it wasn't just a peaceful group of tourists?[/too soon]

If they had kept a lid on it we wouldn't be talking about it. As for the second part of your question, you have the usual suspects blaming the US and the other usual suspects saying it was a false flag. Me? I am both tired of the "Blame America for everything" that is so pervasive on this part of the planet, and a fan of simple explanations. President Moise had already been concentrating political power on the presidential figure on one of the most undemocratic countries in the region. He reached the presidency under less-than-auspicious circumstances on an election with an 11% voter turnout. I would be very surprised if we discover anything other than "Insert random in-country political faction decided the nation was ripe for them to be in charge."

The scars of the Duvaliers hurt Haiti to this day.

The House Republicans (except Cheney) will have their own investigation into the events of January 6th.

To give you the caliber of Republican look at Troy Nehls of Texas. When fired from being a police officer the chief of police took the extraordinary step of writing out more than 20 examples of violations including destroying evidence, failure to arrest, out right lying where he was while on duty.

The Republican party is a nest of rats.

'Disgraceful': Liz Cheney calls out leader of her own party​

I keep seeing right-wing people claim Cheney is a "RINO", even though she voted along Trump's agenda 92.9% of the time. Which is even more than Jim Jordan, one of the people McCarthy tried putting on the committee, and more than Trump's own former chief if staff, Mark Meadows.

Last edited:
I keep seeing right-wing people claim Cheney is a "RINO", even though she voted along Trump's agenda 92.9% of the time. Which is even more than Jim Jordan, one if the people McCarthy tried putting on the committee, and more than Trump's own firmer chief if staff, Mark Meadows.
Remember they don't have a platform. The platform is Trump. Signs you are in a cult:

1. Opposing critical thinking

2. Isolating members and penalizing them for leaving

3. Emphasizing special doctrines outside scripture

4. Seeking inappropriate loyalty to their leaders

5. Dishonoring the family unit

6. Crossing Biblical boundaries of behavior

7. Separation from the Church

Remember they don't have a platform. The platform is Trump. Signs you are in a cult:

1. Opposing critical thinking

2. Isolating members and penalizing them for leaving

3. Emphasizing special doctrines outside scripture

4. Seeking inappropriate loyalty to their leaders

5. Dishonoring the family unit

6. Crossing Biblical boundaries of behavior

7. Separation from the Church

Sounds like any political organization to me :p

Do you really need someone pointing out the difference to you?

I dunno. can you tell the difference between a joke and a statement? :p