Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

I dunno. can you tell the difference between a joke and a statement? :p
Well… history shows that you’re spot on with quite a few political organisations. Can something that’s this accurate still be a joke? ?

You make a compelling argument. let's compromise and say the political organizations are the jokes then ;) :p

All of them good for a laugh until they suddenly aren't :p

NSFW

I don't understand how that connects to him being a democratic party donor. Its not as though he was having pnp fundraising sessions with slam pigs who gave money without consent. He killed a guy unaffiliated from his political beliefs or role as a donor.

VS

He took money from the UAE (nearly a billion dollars) and used his friendship with Trump to get language inserted into the then-candidate's energy speech in 2016 about the importance of working with "our Gulf allies" at the behest of Emirati officials.

Ones an example of having a kink and going to far the other is corruption and graft at the expense of his friendship and country. I don't like Trump but that was his "friends" they took advantage of him. At least dead guy got a date, drugs, and fucked. Compared to Trump whos friend fucked him for money and laughed about it with foreigners.

It is always more sensational to link the rich guy to something or someone else.

have you two just whatabouted a man who literally got his kicks watching the homeless die? Because I am seeing that article and I am surprised that you have managed to dredge something worse than that MyPillow guy.

Again I don't see how it connects to him being a Democrat donor.

The MyPillow guy actively spreads misinformation and as a public figure is open to being mocked publicly for those beliefs. Though he hasn't committed a crime that we know of. Trump's administration has more criminal indictments than any administration ever in history. Those criminal indictments are not for tangential sex crimes they are directly linked to their politics and positions.

Another point I disagree with the description of his kink pnp is not about "watching the homeless die".

Again, why bring anything Trump related into this one? Mr. Buck has been involved in political activism one way or another since the 1980s and a not insignificant part of that has been fundraising/donations. If your only point is semantics, it's no different than mentioning Bill Cosby is an actor in every article reporting on his case. No need to go "What about Trump?" on it.

If your point is anything else, it's absolutely disgraceful. It's not a competition to see who is the biggest piece of shit in the country. Though Mr. Buck seems to have leapfrogged a couple million places in that statistic. I went and tried to familiarize myself with some of this work. At the risk of making a complex feeling a simple one, I can absolutely see why you (in this case, I am afraid it is a personal you) would've preferred this dealt quietly. But with "Hundreds" of videos showing this behavior and sworn testimony that:

One man testified that, after repeatedly refusing to “slam,” he woke up to Buck injecting him in his elbow pit without his consent.

Sorry, this is the sort of thing where someone should get the chair. I would be aghast if you saw it differently. I indeed exaggerated with "watching the homeless die" and for that I do apologize. However, it has already resulted in the deaths of at least two people. And the law already refused to press charges once. This is not something you can "But Trump" your way out of.

EDIT: I have seen your reply. As per the point in this post, this is no different from any other article using a person's profession in their copy. It seems if I do not stop here, we will continue to argue in circles with you continuing to bring a matter utterly unrelated to this case. I shall not follow this matter, but I expect a sentencing on it. Lest you (general) continue proving that murder is legal in the state of California.

Last edited:
I'm saying his crime is unconnected to his politics. So what if he was involved in politics as a Republican and later as a Democrat. His crime no more connected to Democrats as it is Gopher Courier. Compare that to Tom Barrack, Trump's inaugural committee chair, charged with acting as agent of UAE.

Both are criminals but only one crime is political.

have you two just whatabouted a man who literally got his kicks watching the homeless die? Because I am seeing that article and I am surprised that you have managed to dredge something worse than that MyPillow guy.

Do we have to jump up and pull our hair out every time someone does something scumy? It would get pretty exhausting and messy really quickly.

This could be posted to the What The Bloody Fuckintosh thread instead.

By the way, this is pretty terrible.

Do we have to jump up and pull our hair out every time someone does something scumy? It would get pretty exhausting and messy really quickly.

This could be posted to the What The Bloody Fuckintosh thread instead.

By the way, this is pretty terrible.

We have been doing just that for the better part of the last decade, haven't we? it's why this entire forum section is down to five people. and if two of them left it would just be a manual and rather crappy link aggregator. :p

And besides, I don't know about you but this feels rather a bit more than "scummy" doesn't it? It's like calling Jimmy Saville "sneaky" or Harvey Weinstein "a cad". or that "grab them by the pussy" incident "locker room talk".

I have few convictions. But I do feel rather strongly about them and Mr. Buck has been especially egregious of breaking them while at the same time presenting himself as a paragon and leader amongst Stonewall Democrats. His condemnation should be swift and as merciless as he was.

Last edited:
I did say it was pretty terrible. He should go to jail for a very, very long time.

Almost every scumy weasel tries to hide behind a cloak. It is exceedingly rare for someone to really show how slimy they are.

It would be one thing if you were castigating Chaka Fattah or Robert Brady I am not saying Democrats are without sin. I personally find what Debbie Wasserman Schultz did to be reprehensible even though I still believe that Bernie Sanders would have lost. Im just saying that in the case of Ed Buck as terrible as it is it is not political.

I read this article this morning

When supporters of former president Donald Trump hear media pundits analyze them with the usual collection of belittling observations, they must be tempted to respond, “Hey, we’re right here! We can hear you!”

Yes, they are indeed here, and living among us. And they have every right to be insulted by being accused of believing a “big lie,” and by the implication that they are violent, or traitors, or mindless sheep — racist sheep, of course. They’re fed up not just with the overt insults, but also with more subtle digs, such as former defense secretary Leon Panetta saying last week that he worries that Trump “will continue to try to somehow sway his followers” to attempt another Jan. 6-style uprising. Followers? No one refers to President Biden’s “followers.” It’s a word generally reserved for adherents of cult figures.

I left the Republican party because I recognized it had become the party of crazy and stupid. I really had hopes that competent republicans like a John Kasich would lead the party away from the edge. I was wrong.

The author of the article seems to believe that by not calling out lies, by not aggressively countering terrible policy, we will be able to live with Trump supporters. He forgets I don't want to live with Trump supporters.

What concerns is it that he is talking about? Look at what was brought up by Trump today

Im sure Native Americans love being depicted as the hapless drunk Chief Wahoo. Democrats have zero to do with this. I dont know how to address this concern. Buy the Cleveland team?

When the concerns of Trump supporters are so ridiculous they should be mocked. When Trump supporters say “Hey, we’re right here! We can hear you!” OH YOU CAN I THOUGHT THE POTATO HEAD HORROR CAUSED YOUR EXTINTCTION!

I am facing rather an identical problem than the one @jack_christie had when deciding where to dump the link of the previous debate. However, because it is also heavily tinged with political content, I have too decided to post it here so as to not annoy people on the non-political sections, though it is also "Bloody Fuckingtosh" material

Five Nights at Freddy's creator 'won't apologize for' Trump support

I didn't know about this one until it made it to my desk this morning. It seems Mr. Cawthon's donations are also public, which is good. Unfortunately, his political leanings seem to have run afoul of people who do not take kindly to his political leanings and has been under a lot of flak, apparently including "trending on twitter for being a homophobe, getting doxed, with people threatening to come to my house. My wife is six weeks pregnant and she spent last night in fear because of what was being said online. She has already been struggling with her pregnancy so seeing her so afraid really scared me."

Following a week of that post, which although labeled as 'not an apology' it seems to have been carefully written as a justification, Mr. Cawthon decided to retire from active game development. The extent of this is still not known. He could "retire" as in stop being the figurehead for his franchise and protect his upcoming game and movie, or really just become a recluse. Whichever it is, I believe we can take some lessons from this:

1. Never put your mailing address or phone on anything controversial (political donations being controversial is another matter of debate entirely).
2. Your fans can turn on you in an instant.
3. A poorly written apology (or non apology) is worse than no apology at all.
4. Even if you only agree with just a part of someone's platform, people will assume you agree with their entire platform.

I must admit I find myself at a loss as to how Cawthon could have handled this better. Perhaps the correct way to have gone about it was indeed to just STFU and let people made their minds when passions were not high.

And now for something completely different:

It's telling that it takes the UN official to wait with this until shortly before his term ends, but of course, with diplomacy you have to tread carefully.

It's also interesting to know that basically a UN office has the power to impose laws to Bosnia...

I love the Olympics I have ever since the 1996 games when the Olympic torch went though my town down the old Erie Canal.

So it's troubling to see how much hate there is not only for TEAM USA but the Olympics in general on Fox News.

Screenshot_20210725-121500.png
Screenshot_20210725-121904.png
Screenshot_20210725-121152.png
Screenshot_20210725-123226.png
Screenshot_20210725-121615.png
Screenshot_20210725-121923.png

It's not just the comments it's a steady load of anti- Olympics anti-Team USA stories all over Fox News

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725-121500.png
    Screenshot_20210725-121500.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210725-121152.png
    Screenshot_20210725-121152.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20210725-121904.png
    Screenshot_20210725-121904.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210725-121615.png
    Screenshot_20210725-121615.png
    123 KB · Views: 34
The more you tell them they are different from one another, the more they will feel different

The more you divide them in good and bad, the more they will depise, resent, reject others.

This effect does not only work in one direction: it is a two-way street.