Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

Yay, genocide! :rolleyes:

Just taking a break from calling for Gavin Newsom. I think the Supreme Court woke up a giant.

Just taking a break from calling for Gavin Newsom. I think the Supreme Court woke up a giant.

Hilariously people need ANOTHER reason to vote "no" and avoid the republican who says that the families of former slave owners are the ones who deserve reparations, and that the minimum wage should be zero.

People feel tired. I understand why its difficult.

Seeing reports of Trump endorsing various candidates already and I can feel the vein on my forehead starting to pop...

Good. Means your reporters are getting the intended effect. ;)

Seeing reports of Trump endorsing various candidates already and I can feel the vein on my forehead starting to pop...
he's been (still) doing that for a while and I honestly wish I never had to hear that friggin' doofus's name ever again at this point

he's been (still) doing that for a while and I honestly wish I never had to hear that friggin' doofus's name ever again at this point

Yeah, he won't stop until he can't muster a breath. What got me is who he was endorsing from Michigan. A more loathsome group of scum and trolls, you can't find!

An interesting article about R.E Lee, his statue(s), and why he is not, and never was how the revisionists protray him.

I think this was discussed when it was passed.

In a bonkers speech where Daddy Joe scolded us to be nice to airline employees we now have a mandate.

What I took from it buy some test in the next three months at cost

Can we just stop doing this already?

I know this is Xi Jinping's nickname, but:

495347_012815-cc-pooh-img.jpg

JGSMAMNXOJIKRF7DLRFU22XHFY.jpg

I can't unsee this weird resemblance between Pooh Bear and Armin Laschet.

This has been Stef's Brain Is Cursed. You're welcome.

This is a good rundown of one of the many, many garbage things this state has done recently that are a damn fine justification for me to move the hell somewhere else:

I'm so exhausted. I realize I'm one of the people with the resources to go somewhere else in the event of a worst-worst-worst-worst case scenario where I'd need to seek out such a service, but it's absolutely barbarian to butt the state (via legally-deputized, paid-to-Karen Karens) into something that should be a private decision between a woman and a medical professional. I also realize that this is exactly the kind of thing where I'd say screw this noise and help out a friend who really did need such services.

Six weeks is one missed period, and barely enough time to realize that you've got more than a burgeoning beer gut goin' on down there. There's no exceptions for rape or incest. Women are going to get hurt or die out of desperation for what should be a safe, legal healthcare service. Abortion providers usually provide other women's health services, so each one that closes in response to the possible liability further limits access to the specialized care we need, particularly for things that go wrong that are out of the scope of a regular general-practice doc. Again, this law is some real barbarian trash that takes us way back in time, before anyone had any common damn sense about it.

This combined with our state's indifference to all the pandemic-related pain and suffering here really does make me—a native Texan, who was previously hella proud of this place—want to move out of this state, but I'm here as long as Mom is. There's nowhere more appealing to move to within easy driving distance of her, and she's not near a bigger airport hub, so I guess I'll stick to one of the two cities that are most likely to call BS on the state's assorted dumbassery. The Supreme Court's indifference and unwillingness to do something about a law that's clearly against past precedent in its intended results and the overall inability of the national government to do anything productive at all makes me feel like the country itself has just abandoned us down here and opened up a can of worms for even worse laws to get passed.

There's a longer, angrier rant in the non-public section, but frankly, I don't have much faith in the direction of this entire country anymore due to garbage like this. I'd love to be proven wrong! But it ain't good when even the courts ignore their own past precedent to allow things that the conservative justices approve of to go into effect in light of a clear constitutional challenge.

Last edited:
They are going to say "oh its ok we'll give you 15 weeks" watch. Their policy is disliked by 70 percent of the country. I mean when you have a party thats only policy we know of now is to say what? Elections are rigged which is to say let us take up arms? Their policy is anarchy on Covid, totalitarian religious laws, swearing all elections that they dont win is rigged. They are trying to be even more nutzo more terroristic, more committed. Then compare that to the Democrats having debates and passing legislation.

Are you fucking kidding me?

This is why drone strikes should not be allowed.

its a nice signature on the cake. drone a school bus

Are you fucking kidding me?

I think I heard on NPR yesterday that it may have something to do with the fact France had some states subs sold to Australia.