Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

It's important to point out this is only happening on the right. There is no Democrat party leader calling for one religion. There is one party that has a monopoly on bad ideas and crazy.

Good news for Texas?

Good news for Texas?

Not really. Even a half-decomposed dog turd would be a massive improvement over Abbott, but I think Beto ruled himself out for a whole lot of voters here when he said he's coming for ARs and AKs. I get that that line was said through the rage over a mass shooting in his hometown and the frustration that the U.S. rarely does anything of substance about gun violence, but it was oh-so-easy for the usual suspects to take that sound bite and run with it.

Honestly, we need whoever runs against the hard-right dingbats the Republicans have been fielding to have as little baggage and as widespread an appeal as possible. While I know Beto means well, I feel like that one comment and his lackluster presidential run lost a bunch of folks. Hell, even a lot of the liberals here are well-armed. If we're going to have a presidential primary candidate in the mix for governor, it should be Castro, not Beto.

Guns aren't even the biggest issue right now when the state government keeps trying to curb our extremely basic rights to seek appropriate healthcare and make it more difficult for folks to exercise their right to vote, yet I know that's what the Republicans are going to make the big issue with Beto in the mix. And I don't expect them to reflect Beto's actual (surprisingly popular, even here) stance when they do it, because it's politics in 2021—they're already playing that up (and some other, equally dishonest BONUS exaggerations) as a major assault on Yer Rights.

What the Democrats have to do is seize on how the real, recent big-headline assaults on Texans' rights are hurting Texans. Point to the hypocritical micromanagement the "party of small government" has been doing in peoples' lives, adding unnecessary restrictions on everything from healthcare to elections to even individual county and city policies. The Republicans' latest censorship push on library books is a national embarrassment. It's all too easy to note how other businesses' concerns are ignored as to how these far-right policies will hurt their ability to operate here and attract quality talent who actually want to live in this hellhole. Point to things like Salesforce covering relocation costs for employees who want to leave Texas because of it. Hell, highlight the absolute failure that is our power grid—you can't operate jack shit if the lights aren't even on—and the absolute inability to do anything substantive to fix it after the fact. We're having trouble providing basic first-world services under Abbott's watch, and it doesn't just bring the local chip plant to a halt—it kills people. Abbott's government found time to pick on trans kids—a very small minority who just wants to be able to live their lives like the rest of us—but not fix the one thing that benefits most of Texas and that basically everyone agrees should be a priority: the damn fragile power grid. THOSE issues need to be front and center, not Beto's gun comments from years ago. There's such a wealth of failures and big-government horsecrap that goes against Texas' older-school "leave us alone and make it a good place to do business" attitude to work with this time.

Dammit, Beto, you're honestly better off as a local/regional candidate or a behind-the-scenes strategy role at this point. His ground game running against Cruz—visiting as many places in Texas as he could—was exactly what someone running for governor should do. But it's gotta be someone else.

Whoever stands the best chance of restoring sanity to the governor's mansion is going to get my vote, regardless—it's whether or not they're going to get the majority of all the other votes that's the biggest issue.

This place is exhausting.

Last edited:

You must be the right kind of republican to be called a republican.

Stay classy Michigan GOP.

The Ricky Bobby reference makes me think this is a send-up.

The infrastructure bill is massive and definitely has me thinking I'll be buying an American made EV sooner than I thought.

Of the funding, Colorado is projected to receive $3.7 billion for roads, $225 million for bridge repairs and replacements and $917 million for public transit, among other things.

cover-sim-6-22-16.jpeg

The state is also projected to receive $35 million to protect against wildfires, $16 million to build up cyber security, $688 million to improve water infrastructure and $432 million for airports, among other things.

It also accelerates the development of more EV charging stations across the country. Colorado is expected to see $57 million over five years in funding for that venture.

4 years of that incompetent boob saying infrastructure week and it took less than a year with Democrats.

Seems like Republicans are taking back a swing state. Hopefully they can keep this momentum going for the 2022 mid-term elections.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

4 years of that incompetent boob saying infrastructure week and it took less than a year with Democrats.
"'We joke in D.C. that every week is Infrastructure Week,' said Republican strategist Alex Conant."

58143206.jpg

The mentally weak right wing book banning club meets it's opposition... students

Alright you got us. I admit it. It was all part of the Gay Agenda brought to you by George Soros money. After we gayed kids by getting them to read gay books, by their choice in libraries, we would rule the world. Oh well; back to the Illuminati meeting rooms, at the greys moon base, to plan more ways to take over the world for reptiloids.

Also composite numbers are transexual and prime numbers are power bottoms

The geometric shape known as STAR gay, but also CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, and RHOMBUS are all gay.

Last edited:
The mentally weak right wing book banning club meets it's opposition... students

Alright you got us. I admit it. It was all part of the Gay Agenda brought to you by George Soros money. After we gayed kids by getting them to read gay books, by their choice in libraries, we would rule the world. Oh well; back to the Illuminati meeting rooms, at the greys moon base, to plan more ways to take over the world for reptiloids.

Also composite numbers are transexual and prime numbers are power bottoms

The geometric shape known as STAR gay, but also CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, and RHOMBUS are all gay.
The kids are alright.