Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

So, the USS Gerald R. Ford is going to make a port visit to Oslo tomorrow, I bet that sends a message eastwards.

As much as I hate the military complex that is the USA, it is helpful to keep dick taters quiet…. For the most part.

As much as I hate the military complex that is the USA, it is helpful to keep dick taters quiet…. For the most part.
Yes, the USS Gerald R. Ford and it's Nimitz-class predecessors are pretty much the current material representation of Roosevelt's "big stick". Moscow knows really well that they don't have anything like that. All they have is the Admiral Kuznetsov, which is less aircraft carrier, more like a "Potemkin Village".

Problems at CPAC? Seems a little like the problems at the NRA minus the sexual harassment.

I wonder what it was that they decided was too far over the line?

I wonder what it was that they decided was too far over the line?

Probably speaking out against the one guy who presided over one of the houses of state congress while clearly drunk.

Bye!

This is just a way to make it easier for Russian officials to keep track of the Americans that are going to be there. Besides, I know of two people that moved to Russia in the late 90s. They grew to hate the experience enough to move back. They both moved to Texas initially. I have lost track of them after that.

In July it will be nine years since Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton was indicted on felony securities fraud charges!

Are taxpayers of Texas still going to pay his whistleblower settlement?

WTF is going on in Texas!!!!! Even Trump and Cruz couldn't save him!!!!!

Texas AG Ken Paxton impeached, suspended from duties pending outcome of Senate trial​

The House voted 121-23 to suspend the attorney general and refer him to the Senate for trial on charges of bribery, abuse of office and obstruction. It was the first such impeachment since 1975.

🔥

Inside the Meltdown at CNN​

CEO Chris Licht felt he was on a mission to restore the network’s reputation for serious journalism. How did it all go wrong?

🔥

Hell of an ego check.

I think there is more than a little bleed through from the amped up gym lifestyle he adopted. However; I do think that hes taking a bit more slings and arrows than he deserves. CNN News Central is fine, and Katlin Collins is a generic conservative that Zaslav and Malone want. Is it the process to get to good tv? His boss seems to think so even if he is going to fry Licht to do it.

Zaslav seems to be the real story here.

Off Topic Max is garbage. I signed in last Sunday for Succession and after the episode canceled the service. I might come back for a show but talk about terrible. If Zaslav and his hand pick lieutenants will bring to CNN what Discovery brought to HBO... ill look elsewhere.

So it seems the Austrian social democrats had a run-off election for their party leader. Basically left vs right. Right won. Except now, two days later, they discovered that… yeah… we may have switched the lists? Oops. Ok so now the other guy is the new party leader.