Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
Neither of those matter anymore anyway. It's all about the Super-AMOLED, which is also Samsung.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
I was trying to download the greatest raid of all time from 95's but it was pathetic. Will try and find it on Ice's or Quiky's.

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Yay, just noticed that my MacBook's battery is bulging! It's got 302 full charge cycles and I believe these ones are still only covered under AppleCare for 300 cycles, time to go make a scene at the Genius bar :-D
And maybe come back with a new machine, after all I went through 2 logic boards and now the battery in the last few months! I don't have my hopes too high for that happening though...

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
They don't count the battery in with the rest of the machine, they think of it like the power cord as a separate thing so depending on how lucky you are you might be able to get a new battery for free but not a whole computer.

killpanda

I know that Apple is very bitchy about all this stuff, I deal with them everyday at work (I'm a service tech in an Apple Reseller), but I might as well give it a go!

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Don't know what you mean by IP-S. S-IPS? Does it have a song with hot korean chicks? No? Then I'm not interested :p

Last edited:

Psirus

Reboot?:p
Also, I don't think RAM needs defragmenting, random access times are just as quick as continuous access. Hence the Random-Acces-Memory.

killpanda

They don't count the battery in with the rest of the machine, they think of it like the power cord as a separate thing so depending on how lucky you are you might be able to get a new battery for free but not a whole computer.
I got my new battery from the Apple Store, the guy didn't even check the cycle count or anything :-D

I complained about the number of repairs and while the guy said he couldn't do anything (which in my opinion and my boss' is bullshit), I might be able to get some result by bitching a bit more on the phone with AppleCare. Too much hassle for not that big of an upgrade.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
After primarily using a netbook (MSI Wind U100) for the past week instead of my Latitude, I've come to the conclusion that they aren't as crappy as people make them sound. I've never really noticed any true slowdowns or anything. I'm quite impressed.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
After primarily using a netbook (MSI Wind U100) for the past week instead of my Latitude, I've come to the conclusion that they aren't as crappy as people make them sound. I've never really noticed any true slowdowns or anything. I'm quite impressed.
I use a netbook rather than a notebook and put the extra money into my desktop. While it's perfectly sufficient, it's just that - sufficient. It's still slow and cramped. However, I find myself really, really wanting one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Seashell-1201N-PU17-BK-12-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002ZLOR56

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I got my new battery from the Apple Store, the guy didn't even check the cycle count or anything :-D

I complained about the number of repairs and while the guy said he couldn't do anything (which in my opinion and my boss' is bullshit), I might be able to get some result by bitching a bit more on the phone with AppleCare. Too much hassle for not that big of an upgrade.
The battery life is abysmal on these things even if you do everything right. :(

That's the same one I bought my mum (it actually replaced a desktop). Compared to my fancy laptop it's obviously notably slower loading things and the touch pad is just awful but other than that I like it. IDK why someone would buy like an ipad or something over it, I would LOVE to have my own to carry around in my purse.