Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

It would bother me, but not enough to buy a whole new laptop. If it was broken in other ways it might be a final straw thing but not just for a pixel or two. I mean really, with a 1680x1050 resolution that gives me 1,764,000 pixels? I'm more likely to be bothered by a scratch, which would probably be at least 20 pixels. :lol:

It would bother me, but not enough to buy a whole new laptop. If it was broken in other ways it might be a final straw thing but not just for a pixel or two. I mean really, with a 1680x1050 resolution that gives me 1,764,000 pixels? I'm more likely to be bothered by a scratch, which would probably be at least 20 pixels. :lol:

My first PSP had a dead pixel, didn't bother me much but I got it replaced under warranty for other reasons and the new one had none.

Only other device I've used that had one was an ancient Dell laptop (c. 1998) I was using until 2008 or so. It was red though, so it was probably just a stuck pixel. I tried one of those "fixers" that flash colors really fast, but the 366 MHz processor couldn't keep the framerate up :lol:

It may actually be a stuck pixel, I'll run the LCD reconditioning program this monitor has tomorrow to see if it helps.

That's the one thing I'm always nervous when buying anything with a screen about, dead/stuck/white pixels. Some screen makers have a great policy- send it in even if it has just one pixel and you can't fix it. Other determine it to be 3+ pixels have to be stuck before they will replace it or fix it.

So far I have been lucky, but I think my NDS now has a white pixel in the lower left corner of the top screen after all of its faithful service. It just stays white and that is it. Weird that it developed so late in the device's life, but maybe not.

Any reliable wireless N routers? My Buffalo is starting to fail (cutting internet every ~10-15 minutes).

edit: looks like it's my modem which is lagging :mad:

Asus RT-N16 running tomato, USB drive plugged in streaming HD video D: lots of devices hanging off it and 30mbps cable

Rock solid, uptime is currently 60 days (since I had to move it) 90% ram currently available

Massive amounts of win. And this is with 1st gen Kinect's shitty hardware.

The next 5 - 10 years of computer technology will be very interesting.

IPSec is a HUGE fucking pain to set up.

FUCK YOU ITUNES!!!!!

Since when does "Pause Download" mean "Stop Download and Delete Everything That's Been Downloaded So Far"???

:blowup:

Surfing through 3G now. It's faster than my first few "broadbands", but damn is it slow! :lol:

So, long story short, I got a free EVGA X58 LGA 1366 motherboard. Looks like I'm going to be rocking an 8800GTX with a Core i7.

Anyone else enter to get one of these:

cr-48-chrome-notebook-06.jpg

Hopefully I'll get one to play with!

Anyone could enter for one?

I find it funny they replaced the CAPS lock key with a search key. But I like that they did away with the row of function keys up top.

Last edited:
BUT HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT SHOUTING ON THE INTERNETZ WITHOUT A CAPS LOCK KEY? HOLDING DOWN THE SHIFT KEY SLOWS DOWN YOUR TYPING SPEED. HEY, AM I TALKING LOUD ENOUGH, WORLD?

Okay, I'm gonna sign up and try me luck.