Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

The Mozilla Foundation lives here, officially:

Mozilla Foundation
650 Castro Street
Suite 300
Mountain View, CA, 94041-2021
USA

The developers are spread out over the world.

Really?

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ct/ctn91/2011/09/09/mozilla_fondation.jpg

I find that amusing.

I was expecting something small, but at least see a sign somewhere saying "Mozilla Foundation" or something.

Better than the first Craigslist Office.

craigslist-office.jpg

Granted, they aren't on the same scale in terms of finances, but people know it well enough.

I now have the most ludacris visualizer setup.

I like iTunes for my music, but the visualizers suck, my computer can't handle them, and iTunes sucks at fullscreen/multi-monitor visualizer support.

So now, I'm playing my music in iTunes, and running Milkdrop2 on my external monitor via Winamp, and using the linein plugin to get a live stereo feed from iTunes into winamp.

EDIT: yeahhhh, this is making my laptop too slow. I guess I'll only use this when people are chilling in my room. Now if only I could figure out how to get the visualizer on both screens. Or better yet, it'd be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction for fixing the iTunes visualizer. Wikipedia says you can get Milkdrop as a plugin for iTunes, but I can't find it anywhere. And no, I'm not gonna switch from iTunes - mainly because I have an iPhone and an iPod, but also because I've been using it for years, and have all my music exactly where I want it, and arranged exactly how I want it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
My internet has been acting really shitty these past few weeks, but only on the weekends it seems like. I'm not home during the day during the week, but I never have problems after work before I go to bed. It just seems like the weekends it's always dropping my connection and my downloads give me errors about not finding file sources or whatever and aborting. It's aggravating as hell. And it's not just my computer, but also my netflix through my PS3, it's always losing connection as well.

Do you think it's my internet server provider? Or could it be something on my end?

My internet has been acting really shitty these past few weeks, but only on the weekends it seems like. I'm not home during the day during the week, but I never have problems after work before I go to bed. It just seems like the weekends it's always dropping my connection and my downloads give me errors about not finding file sources or whatever and aborting. It's aggravating as hell. And it's not just my computer, but also my netflix through my PS3, it's always losing connection as well.

Do you think it's my internet server provider? Or could it be something on my end?

Yeah, it's your ISP not being able to keep up with the larger load typically seen on the weekend, especially now that school is back in session.

Reactions: TC
Well I've spent far too much time this weekend putting OSX 10.7.2 onto my Hack Pro. It's good, but still has a ways to go before being 100%.

I now have the most ludacris visualizer setup.

I like iTunes for my music, but the visualizers suck, my computer can't handle them, and iTunes sucks at fullscreen/multi-monitor visualizer support.

So now, I'm playing my music in iTunes, and running Milkdrop2 on my external monitor via Winamp, and using the linein plugin to get a live stereo feed from iTunes into winamp.

EDIT: yeahhhh, this is making my laptop too slow. I guess I'll only use this when people are chilling in my room. Now if only I could figure out how to get the visualizer on both screens. Or better yet, it'd be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction for fixing the iTunes visualizer. Wikipedia says you can get Milkdrop as a plugin for iTunes, but I can't find it anywhere. And no, I'm not gonna switch from iTunes - mainly because I have an iPhone and an iPod, but also because I've been using it for years, and have all my music exactly where I want it, and arranged exactly how I want it.

There really isn't anything you can do. Back in the day before iTunes 7, the visualizer defaulted to 800X600 which meant even my PowerBook G3 Pismo I had at the time was able to display the visualizer, with minimal hiccups. But they changed the way the visualizer displays and it now goes to your set screen resolution. Did you try the iTunes Classic Visualizer? That one is alot less graphic intensive.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ct/ctn91/2011/09/11/Untitled.jpg

Did you try the iTunes Classic Visualizer? That one is alot less graphic intensive.

Yeah, but I want to display the visualizer on my 1920x1080 external monitor (although the Classic one is also slow on my 1366x768 laptop screen). I had no problem with it up until iTunes 10.0.1, but since then its all gone to shit for some unexplainable reason (I'm still on 10.2.2 - won't update until I get my iPhone 5, but I feel like updating it will make it even worse).

The damn thing takes ages to load, even though I have it set to one preset and not random (Simple Horizontal/I Love To Burn/Dark Rainbow). And when it does load, it doesn't show the colors properly.

Wtf, my mic records what I'm hearing. And at first I thought it was recording the headphones but I unplugged them, left the sound running through the closed speakers(thus, you can't hear anything physically) and it still records.
Plugged them on my notebook, no problems. And did the same procedure. I'm using the on-board audio on my mobo, a Realtek ALC889 codec one.

Last edited:
Wtf, my mic records what I'm hearing. And at first I thought it was recording the headphones but I unplugged them, left the sound running through the closed speakers(thus, you can't hear anything physically) and it still records.

I think I understand what you mean. Is it on your PC? If yes, it might be in 'listen' mode. To check, right click the volume icon in the taskbar, click Recording Devices. Select the mic. Click properties. Select the Listen tab. Make sure 'Listen to this device' is unchecked.

It's off. Stranger thing, had the mic plugged in the front, on the case connectors. Plugged it directly to the mobo, no problems.

Fiddled a bit with the HD Audio connector on the mobo, seems to have fixed it.

Fuck this shit. Put the case back together, it's doing it again.

Last edited: