Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

nsx_23

Forum Addict
I tried one in HK. Its not too bad actually, but the really small screen is a bit restrictive.

50% off is damn good though. How much is it after 50% off?

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
It looks like the offer was misleading. It said "50% off PDA phones between 2-3AM" but it turns out they only choose one phone/item. 50% off the Tattoo would have made it 160 euros, a damn good deal, Samsung Corby money

JleeLink

Car(s)
BMW M3 E92 - I wish....
Want to start learning a 3D modeling tool but cant decide if it should be 3DS Max or Maya

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
thats nothing. I had people question me if they can go to jail if your computer performs an "illegal operation" :roll:
"Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?"

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
So, I still haven't fixed my oversized desktop issue, and while poking around I noticed I don't have any audio either. Then this morning I found out that in Linux, the computer won't wake up from USB input, and has now actually stopped going to sleep all together. Needless to say, I'm booting into Windows for now, and might just stick with it. I can suffer through using explorer to navigate to files until XBMC has hardware acceleration in Windows.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
Since youtube changed to HD and what not I haven't been able to DL videos, a web based or mac solution would be great if anyone had one, i'm after this if there's something wrong with the videos i'm after.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
Sorry to be a pain but it downloads in no format whatsoever, renaming as a flv doesnt work, what format should it be?

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Every time there's some kind of video/audio file, a little film strip should start blinking on the bottom right of the browser. You right-click it and select which file you want to download (it shows the sizes so the video file would be the largest). Also, you might have to get Free Download Manager for it to work properly.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
I was missing the download manager, why does everything involving videos have to be so complicated?

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
If you want to download Youtube videos easily can you install this plugin for firefox? It works very well for me.

Thomas93

Car(s)
one day
but you still have the stupid flv container and macs are shit for converting I find.

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
If you want to download Youtube videos easily can you install this plugin for firefox? It works very well for me.
What's the point when Free Download Manager can download video/audio from any site, not just YouTube?

I was missing the download manager, why does everything involving videos have to be so complicated?
Trust me, once you get used to FlashGot and FDM, they work like a dream. :D

Another thing, I not only use FDM for FlashGetting videos, but I also use it to download larger files because it's much faster than FireFox's normal downloader.

Last edited:

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
What's the point when Free Download Manager can download video/audio from any site, not just YouTube?
I don't download video and audio from other sites, so that doesn't really matter to me.