Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

Anyone know how to turn off "conversations" in the most current Office 365 Outlook? [edit: specifically the online web access web app]

I can only seem to set options for the conversations (new on top, or new on the bottom), but I can't turn off the function.

Searching only brings me to solutions for previous versions with menus and options that are no longer there.

Last edited:
I'll look tonight.

I missed an important piece: is the "OWA" outlook, not the stand-along program.

Yup, I got that.

My Moto 360 just went berserk from heat, it's hot in here still and it was on the charger dock. The screen was all over the place, not registering any touches from me but was opening menus and changing the face like crazy. I finally managed to cool it down enough with a fan for it to respond normally and shut it down. Wow.

My battery-operated landscaping tools all crapped out yesterday in the head/sun.

Anyone know how to turn off "conversations" in the most current Office 365 Outlook? [edit: specifically the online web access web app]

I can only seem to set options for the conversations (new on top, or new on the bottom), but I can't turn off the function.

Searching only brings me to solutions for previous versions with menus and options that are no longer there.

tadaaa....

I had to resort to googling only to find out it's right in front of my face. Just to the right of "Focused" and "Other," above "Agenda" is the Filter option and you get the drop down menu shown above.

Maybe my Moto 360 wasn't just playing up because of the heat. It seemed fine this morning but then the screen locked up. A factory reset didn't fix anything, sometimes the screen works but then it does this kind of thing:

I installed Android Wear 2.0 last week, I've read about other strange problems. Anyone else got a 360 Gen. 2?

I am looking at wireless mice and would appreciate some of your input. What have you used and liked that was not outrageously expensive.

I have looked at a few, but only the Logitech MX Master looks comfortable. I also like that it is rechargeable, and the thumb button layout.

I have the master. Recharging just turns it into a wired mouse temporarily. The thumb gesture button takes a bit to get used to, but it's very useful and can be programmed to do any different 5 functions per program.

[/url]

tadaaa....

I had to resort to googling only to find out it's right in front of my face. Just to the right of "Focused" and "Other," above "Agenda" is the Filter option and you get the drop down menu shown above.

Ahh, thank you!!!

"You must yadda yadda..."

I am looking at wireless mice and would appreciate some of your input. What have you used and liked that was not outrageously expensive.

I have looked at a few, but only the Logitech MX Master looks comfortable. I also like that it is rechargeable, and the thumb button layout.

I have the master. Recharging just turns it into a wired mouse temporarily. The thumb gesture button takes a bit to get used to, but it's very useful and can be programmed to do any different 5 functions per program.

I have one as well, and I really like it. No real downsides I can think of. Just switched it from my work laptop to my personal one to answer this post with 2 clicks of a button, just to give an example of some of it's nice features.

Edit: One downside, I carry my mouse in my backpack, and the Mx Master doesn't come with a pouch. I ended up buying this...

Last edited:
I bought a black cosmetics zipper bag at Target from the clearance shelf for less than $2. Black on the outside, green on the inside...like my wallet with all the money i saved! Boo-ya!
:|

Logitech MX Master is still what I will be buying if my Performance MX packs up. I'm a fan of the shape of these mice and frankly I've never had one let me down. I think we had a problem with a Logitech wireless keyboard at work the other week and it was a shock, I've never had any Logitech kit fail on me before.

So, Logitech doesn't advertise the K740 Illuminated keyboard as water resistant, but as I found today, it is at least beer resistant.

That was a good pint too. :(

So, Logitech doesn't advertise the K740 Illuminated keyboard as water resistant, but as I found today, it is at least beer resistant.

That was a good pint too. :(

Same for my Microsoft keyboard, but it became sticky and crunchy for months, and the key press consistency was ruined for years even though the keys technically didn't fail.

Same for my Microsoft keyboard, but it became sticky and crunchy for months, and the key press consistency was ruined for years even though the keys technically didn't fail.

Surely that's something a bath in contact cleaner would fix? Something that will melt the gunk but not damage the circuitry. That's if you value the keyboard of course.

My Moto 360 G.2 seems to be behaving itself this morning after finally getting through the setup process last night and leaving it off in the cool for a good 5 hours or so. I guess it was a connection issue between the screen and the board, not sure if/when it will return but I'll be repositioning the charger to keep it out of direct sunlight.

Surely that's something a bath in contact cleaner would fix? Something that will melt the gunk but not damage the circuitry. That's if you value the keyboard of course.

Perhaps, but after it survived the drink bath, I didn't want to subject it to another bath with another liquid. Nor buy that much electronics cleaning liquid to begin with...

And by now I can't even tell. (The accident happened ~7 years ago and I'm still using the same keyboard.)

You can always disassemble the keyboard - the electrics themselves are usually just on a small PCB, everything else is merely sheets of plastic with some electrically conductive lines on them and the plastic or aluminium casing. The casing can be thrown into the dishwasher if you want, the sheets of plastic can be wiped down with a damp sponge or something similar.