Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

They may not want the hassle of a UK shipment after the brexit mess :| they say international shipping is not a problem... but they’d still have to register in the uk for VAT stuff, which is probably only worth it if they have enough customers there (despite their high price stuff).

Yeah that's a fair point, I looked it up and it didn't seem too complex but I can understand people not wanting to get involved.

There's a set on ebay in the UK but I thought I'd go for the smart option and buy kit that was tester, serviced and refurbished already, despite the higher cost.

That's what I get for typing on a keyboard connected to a different computer to the one I'm looking at. Mouse Without Borders is brilliant but my typing isn't :p

I would love it if Synology came out with a Wi-Fi 6 version of their RT2600ac. After sorting out the home networking for my parents, I'm itching to improve my own but it feels stupid investing in AC gear right now.

I would love it if Synology came out with a Wi-Fi 6 version of their RT2600ac. After sorting out the home networking for my parents, I'm itching to improve my own but it feels stupid investing in AC gear right now.

Plugging it into the router an option?

I realized the other day that a speedtest(.net) on 5G uses about 500MB of data. Takes a few seconds. My first mobile internet package almost two decades ago was 100MB...

I just ordered the Braun Atelier hi-fi system I posted on the last page, I've been looking for hi-fi shops in the UK that sold them (there are none) and just found that that Kulthifi.de sell through eBay with UK shipping. The shipping price was what I expected so I went for it. I know I have to pay VAT on it as it's imported so have accounted for that, it's expensive but not much more than one for sale on this country and I'm paying for it to be in tested, refurbished and properly packed to prevent damage.

This will probably be the beginning of a lifetime of collecting Atelier components, I've seen lot of the other components including the big floor standing speakers, the VHS player, the big CRT TV and what we would now call a soundbar that sits below the TV and I quite fancy collecting them. The Kulthifi shop is only an hour and a half from the 'Ring, wouldn't hurt to detour through there on the way back from Ringmeet...

Apologies to Germans for taking your vintage equipment from you, I've already taken a vintage computer from the Americans... and a car... so it's only fair. :p

I kind of want a new apple product for no other reason than the smell that is in the box when you open it. Plus the wonderment of a brand new thing...

I kind of want a new apple product for no other reason than the smell that is in the box when you open it. Plus the wonderment of a brand new thing...
If it helps, I just sniffed the inside of the 12 Pro Max box and it kind of smells of... Salmon? Still enjoying the new phone.

The Atelier system has been dispatched and is heading for export, let the 'fun' begin.

"New apple product smell out of the box" -fragrance, just 99,99$